1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Court Papers Reveal Past Of Officer Who Shot Ex-Charger

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VikingBolt, Jun 11, 2008.

1. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    http://www.10news.com/news/16578458/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- When District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis cleared police officer Aaron Mansker in the shooting of former San Diego Chargers player Steve Foley, Foley's history of arrests for battery, domestic violence, public intoxication and discharging a firearm were a factor.

In Foley's civil trial, however, it is Mansker's history that was placed under a microscope.

2. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Poor decisions by all

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Fully agree.

4. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Especially by the group calling itself "El Grupo" last I checked sirs you are in America and not in Mexico, call yourselves something in the english language otherwise people will think you are just another rabble rousing minority activist group bent on the moral decay of society at large!!! :flag:

Stan :rivers17:

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    What's wrong with calling in Spanish, do you complain about every Italian that uses Italian instead of English, or every French person who uses French instead of English?

I'm sorry to derail the thread but I really don't see the reason why people are so offended by Hispanics using Spanish, and then don't say anything about any other person from different nationalities that use their native language.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Mansker was then asked, "Wouldn't it be better to show your badge?"

"Would've been better, yes," responded Mansker.

B4L: To tell you the truth, I think it would have benefited Mansker's case better but I think the results would have been the same.
    I believe this because if someone showed me a gun at a traffic light in and unmarked car (badge or no badge)... I would have pulled into a police station, called the police on my cell phone or at least pulled into a gas station or convience store thats lit up with people around.
    All Foley was thinking is that he couldn't afford another DUI.

"As he started reaching into his waistband, with his right hand turning towards me, I fired two shots," Mansker said in the October 2006 hearing.

B4L: If this is true, then what was the police officer suppose to do? Wait and see if he pulled out a gun?

"We've noticed that the district attorney's office in several officer involved shootings has released negative information on the victim of the shooting, which we find troubling," said Flores.

B4L: Why? They're ALL true. Battery, domestic violence, public intoxication, discharging a firearm, driving while intoxicated, etc. is not small change either.

7. matt1187

matt1187 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    We also need to change the name of our city. Calling ourselves San Diegans makes us look like a bunch of rabble-rousing minority activist pinko commies.

:flag:

• Like Like x 4
  8. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    So, what's your view of "Super Cop" Mansker now? :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Well I see racism is still alive in America. Sad. :no:

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    This is some pretty damaging stuff. Foley is in for a HUGE payday.

http://www.10news.com/news/16578458/detail.html

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What should it be?
    Mansker did the right thing in the beginning by following Foley and calling in for police officers on duty but pulling the gun with or without a badge was a bad idea.

Foley on the other hand should not have been driving when he was three times over the limit in the first place. Had he pulled into a police station, called the police on his cell phone or at least pulled into a gas station or convience store thats lit up with people around... he would have just got a DUI instead.
    Reaching into your waistband while anybody has a gun pointed at you is a bad idea.

So, what's your view of "law abiding citizen" Foley now? :rolleyes:

12. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Dude!
    Mansker F***ed up! When are you going to realize this?
    Quit defending the little POS.

13. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155
    Foley should have been arrested, but he should not have been shot and essentially ending his career.

Foley was in the wrong for driving drunk, and should deserve whatever punishment he got for being so, but it doesn't excuse Mansker's reckless behavior, what's his excuse? Where's his punishment?

You can't punish one and not the other.

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, good luch widdat.

15. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106

touché:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    It's been established that Foley did not have a gun in his waistband... So... why would he be reaching into his waistband? Particularly bad case of jock itch?

It makes more sense that Mansker claimed that Foley reached into his waistband because *if* true, that would provide justification for shooting.

Just sayin'...

17. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I know,but it's still fun! :yes:

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Ann Coulter would be so proud of you. Too bad she's a raging ignorant El Cuunto. :flag:

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Reread the post. I said he did!!!
    Foley is a major repeat offender. When are you going to realize that.
    Think if that woman he beat up was your mother or sister!!!
    Quit defending a criminal!!! :rolleyes:

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    There is none but some people in here seem to have dismissed that he was drinking and driving.
    It seems that have no problem with multi repeat offenders continuing to commit unlawful acts as well. :yes:

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Some posters have good points and are worth discussion.

THEN AGAIN... SOME DON'T AND AREN'T!!!!! :lol:
    Please exit the class room, quietly. :wave:

22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Just for our edification, can you please post an itemized listing of Foley's criminal record. seriously, I really haven't seen it. I'd like to know: Year, Offense commited, conviction (y or n), resulting punishment.

Thank You,

Nickelbolt

• Like Like x 1
  23. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155
    Both parties are repeat offenders, and unless I missed something Foley has already been punished for his actions.

No one likes a drunk driver, but people dislike reckless officers moreso, because they're supposed to be held at a higher standard.

24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Read the link on first post of this thread.
    If you want to do some extra googleing... go for it but I don't have the time.

25. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    What Mansker did to Foley is criminal as well, yet you're defending him because Foley in your opinion Foley is at fault because he's had a checkered past. So has Aaron Mansker. Hypocrite much?

And if you're gonna make statements about someone's criminal record and use that as the basis of you're argument, YOU should be the one providing PROOF to support YOUR CLAIMS, not the other way around. If you're too tired to dig **** up on google to back yourself up and prove your position, don't say ****. Don't tell others to do some "extra googling", cover your own ***.

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    LMAO!!!! LMMFAO!!!! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

You love the word "hypocrite" so much, well please answer this question.
    How come everybody is "too tired to dig **** up on google to back themself up and prove their position" on Mansker?!!! Yet you demand I MUST do that about Foley to "cover my own ***."
    How would you define that?!!! :hilarious:

Another thing. We're all San Diego Chargers fans in here. We ALL know who Steve Foley is. His checkered past was no secret. It started back in his days with the Bungles and continued over here in San Diego. It started with an alcohol related attack on a SDPD officer and you freakin' know it.
    Now some of you are pulling the dumb card and saying "I never knew all of this about Foley. Please explain."

Well you're full of **it and you know it. Put that dumb card away!!!

With all of that said "we are not San Diego Police Department fans." We don't constantly read up to see what the SDPD has in store or do we know all (or a majority of) the officers of SDPD by name.
    Nobody here knew who Mansker is until this incident.

BTW... as an American citizen, the First Amendment gives me just as much right as you to say whatever we please!!! :flag:

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :lol:

Yes, none of know the full detail of what happened.
    That's why I also mentioned "if that happened."

28. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    As for Mansker, he screwed up, bad. Call for backup, dummy. Poway police love this kinda stuff.

I'm offended to a certain extent. Then there is the Hispanic population trying to reclaim the USA because we stole it from them. Last I checked, we purchased the land from the French and the Spanish. (Except for the that little fiasco where some dude signed over Texas)

The reason everyone wants the "American Dream" is due to the sacrifices of our forefathers and the success of a civilized society created by their sefforts. Show 'em some respect by speaking their language if you want to make a life here.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    No one is being asked to find evidence about Mansker. It's in the report. No one is making claims about his past, ect. Also, you seem to be the only one blaming Foley, or it appears that way. Is it so hard for you to post your proof to support your claims that Foley's past is so bad it warranted him getting shot by Mansker? Or at least come up with a better response to someone asking you to do so with something better than telling them to go google it for themselves?

Again, all you're doing is making assumption. I KNOW what Foley has done, but someone else in this thread asked you to post some evidence, and you told them to look for it themselves. So basically you're just spouting **** and then telling people to look up facts based on your assumptions. I was just illustrating that message.

I'm just as full of **** as you are.

Ok Captian America. Don't know where the hell this came from, but whatever. Good for you. And? WTF does that have to do with anything? So you can just say **** and not be held responsible? :lol:

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Mansker & Foley both were in the wrong. Obviously Foley is no choir boy. It certainly appears that Mansker is a reckless cop. The big difference is that Mansker still has his career, Foley doesn't.

Drunk driving is a serious offense, but Mansker went WAY too far. He should pay for his poor judgment & nearly ending Foley's life, just as Foley has paid dearly for his bad decisions.

BTW, Stan - bet this thread is causing your ignore list to get a bit crowded, huh? :lol: