1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cowboys interested in Ravens' Lewis?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Word around the NFL is that the Dallas Cowboys are very interested in obtaining Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis if he becomes a free agent. The speculation is that the Cowboys are willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

Dallas owner Jerry Jones believes his team is in the serious hunt for a Super Bowl title next season, and that Lewis could help solve some of the team's problems inside the locker room.

The Ravens are expected to begin negotiations with Lewis, who is in the last year of his contract, as soon as the season is over. Fellow linebackers Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs are also in the final years of their contracts.

There's going to be a lot of FA out there that might want to play in SD...

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    WOW. That would be interesting.
    Those days of TO talking **** about Ray and mocking his celebrations. :lol:

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    People tend to forget rather quickly. When TO was a 49er and he did his little arm waving thing on the Dallas star, I thought he'd NEVER play for Dallas.

Getting back to the thread topic, I knew Bart Scott was a FA, but not Lewis. If the Ravens loose both, their D is toast.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    That's a lot of guaranteed money. Basically guaranteeing the entire deal.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    True but TO seemed to have dropped his antics when he signed with Dallas. They seemed to have returned last season.

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Not even RayRay can reverse the T.O. curse.

NO TEAM WILL EVER WIN A SUPERBOWL WITH TERRELL OWENS IN THEIR LOCKER ROOM. NEVER.

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I dunno... Ray Lewis is such a heart and soul type of player... and Dallas is so dysfunctional. I just don't see him leaving Baltimore for Dallas soley for the money... it's entirely possible but my gut says "no way jose~"

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Goddamn, Jerry is so clueless.

They have a mediocre Qb who can't win in December or the playoffs. Ok, yeah, you didn't even make the playoff this year and TO is still on the team.

:icon_rofl:

9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Ware and Lewis, jesus Christ!

10. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    how about this...

Phillips,Lewis,Coop,Merriman

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'd at least walk over and kick the tires of Lewis, see what happens, he has had interest in the past in going to San Diego

12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Lewis would be nuts to go to Dallas with how dysfunctional things are. Unless it is just about the money.

Lewis did hint that he would like to play alongside Merriman when they were at the probowl together a few years back.

13. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    That's a good point. Lewis helped mentor Merriman when he was in Maryland. Ray Lewis could step in and be a leader on D, since Merriman won't seem to mind deferring to his close buddy.

14. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Ray Lewis would be a welcome addition to any team. I seriously doubt he would go to a team that is full of selfish me-me players like Dallas. Ray is a team -first leader. He makes everyone around him better! My guess is the Ravens will sign Ray, and maybe franchise Suggs. They won't be able to keep all three, at least it's very doubtful :no: