1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cro and Jam getting some attention

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 17Rocks, Jul 30, 2008.

1. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    LINKY

If the Chargers are a SB contender because of Jammer and Cromartie being so good then give Jammer a double dose of credit:

'Nother Linky

• Like Like x 2
  2. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Thanks for the link. Lots of good stuff.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Who'da thunk that Jammer now would be living up to his billing?

4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I think Jammer is showing a lot of maturity and willingness to help the team instead of his ego. He could easily be sitting there saying how he's not getting any love for all his work and how far he's come. Instead he's acting like a real team player and watching out for Cro's back and stuff. Props to Jammer for being a man.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    One thing that isn't mentioned too often about Jammer is that he loves this team and this city. He said as much when he got extended - the dude's a Charger and a San Diegan for life.

Jammer rules :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Jammer's main asset when drafted was his physical bump-and-run play.

Unfortunately, after the Colts complained in the postseason loss in Foxboro about how Harrison and Law handled their WR, that physical play was now being microscopically scrutinized by NFL refs.

That added another year or two to Jammer's development as he needed time to adjust from physical play to a more read-and-react style.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I did? I've been defending him since 03? or 04? (PadreFanJake on the UT) You give Jammer some real safety help and another good corner on the other side and I knew the secondary would improve significantly. People always blamed Jammer for all the secondary woes but he's only 1 man he can't do it all himself.

Glad to see Jammer is finally getting his props now though, it's been long overdue. :tup:

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yup - freakin' refs. They put handcuffs on the DB's & skirts on the WR's.

Our safeties are gonna make a huge difference in pass defense this year. Wait 'til we play Denver - you'll get to see (again) what it's like to have mediocre safeties. My guess is Champ won't look so good with McCree behind him.

9. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I never really thought about it, but you're right; QJam will undoubtetly spend his whole career here. He went through a lot of scrutiny and took a lot of ****, but he has put up with it and has started to thrive.

It reminds me of a Joe Budden verse-

"Could get traded, but he don't wanna move/ 'Cuz this the only city he got something to prove"

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    totally agree:yes:

11. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    As a fledgling Bolt fan, I was alway envious of the Raiders for their shut down duo of Hayes and Haynes. Since those days of the mid-Eighties, we've had a few decent corners over the years (Elvis!!), but to my mind never a pair we could really count on. I remember Madden always saying that you should build a team with corners and O-line first.

It sure feels good to have such a talented duo (possibly trio with Cason) - back there.

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The NO FUN LEAGUE. I am beginning to suspect that some of the injuries are being caused by the artificial physical restraints. You are more likely to be injured when you're not playing hard and instinctively. Some protection is necessary for QB's and outright muggings by DB's need control, but too many rules about how you can use your body makes you more vulnerable sometimes than the guy you're about to hit.

13. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Come and Get it !!!

14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I just love it.

Opposing Offenses are going to have pick their poison.

Should they throw Jammers way and get burned or should they throw to Cromarties way, again get burned.

Cason on nickle packages are going to be nightmarish for opposing offenses.

Add Hart and Weddle in the mix and our Secondary is going to be unstoppable.

Our Defense is going to rock the NFL. It is going to be fun to watch. :icon_banana:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We can mix coverages up in any way imaginable, disguise them, switch them up during signal calling by the opposing QB. They give our linebackers time to create havoc. This defense will rock.

• Like Like x 1