1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cro Needs To Go

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Electrogasm, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Electrogasm

Electrogasm BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    If Cromartie wasn't such a gifted athlete, I'm sure the Chargers' brass would have released him a long time ago. It will be convenient to trade or let him walk away when his contract is up, i'm thinking.

We all saw him backpedal as Chris Johnson ran towards him in the open field. If not for Jammer coming from 20 yards away to clean things up, CJ would have had another 10-15 more yards. He was effectively a blocker for CJ on that play! We all saw him congratulate CJ on run after run and then practically fellate him after his 30yd TD run late in the game. What the hell is that?

Ever since Cro was poisoned by, er...I mean worked out with Deion Sanders before the '08 season, he has chosen to eschew tackling or getting physical on any level. He is a 'lead the guy to the sidelines' kind of player. He has no heart and no desire. Is it because he needs to stay healthy and earn top dollar to support his dozens of kids? No excuse is good enough.

He signed a 5-year contract in the summer of '06. Given that information, when is the soonest his bus can leave town?

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Nothing we can do now but hope he contributes to the team in the playoff push.

Let's save the roster change discussions for the offseason, which hopefully doesn't start until Feb 8th.

3. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    So what if he congratulated him? A lot of players in the NFL are friends and I mean what's he supposed to do? Start freaking out and throwing fists at people? The game was well in hand and that TD came in garbage time, he was just having some fun.

4. BoltWash

BoltWash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    BOooo this thread. This has been Cro's best year. We are 9th against the pass with not a very good pass rush. If we had a better pass rush there would be more interceptions. The longest pass anybody has got off on us is 58 yards which is 4th in the NFL. 33 passes over 20 yds which is 3rd in the NFL....Remember if you don't see Cro during a game, that is a good thing, that means he is covering his guy and QB is avoiding him....As for the Chris Johnson thing, he was making sure CJ didnt blow past him, like he has done to 14 other teams this year. I admit it looked a little stupid but we ended up holding them to a field goal that drive. If Cro tries to tackle and gets juked by the best running back, its a TD. When Cro gets a game winning INT in the playoffs all you haters will change your mind. (Yes I am a Cromartie fan boy as you can tell):icon_banana:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    This post has my stamp of approval(even if you're a fanboy :abq2:)

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Look who is all a sudden against jumping ahead of ourselves, haha.

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Yeah, I love the irony but there's a difference between talking about the Super Bowl early and talking about the offseason early. :lol:

At least IMO

8. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Yea who u gonna get better to replace him??? :icon_shrug::icon_huh:

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I don't really care, just gave me something to type at the moment.

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Cro isn't the smartest 'tool in the box', we all should know that by now but by his 2008 standard he has had quite a good year this. He was atrocious last year. He will get 'game smarter' with experience and teaching.

We also know he will avoid at all costs making a tackle, this will be his downfall in San Diego. Skills-wise he has it to make it as a top corner but he has got to tackle. I don't believe he ever will. For this reason I don't see him having a long term future here, esp if we can steal a first rounder from someone for him.

:yes:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I can't say I agree with this thread but I have to ask... you think he's having a better year than 2007?

12. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    I am all for giving R1 pick Antoine Cason something to prove. He has yet to really make a splash in the NFL, but he has not been given the opportunity to do so as of yet. I watched him in Arizona, and I think he has the potential to be a very good cover corner in this league. :yes:

13. BoltWash

BoltWash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Well I guess you are right, 2007 was great, but I think he only started as corner 8 games. In 07 he got a bunch of INT's as a result of a healthy Merriman pass rush. I believe Merriman was in Manning's face when Cro got the one handed grab. 07 was a great year for Cro stat wise and as a return man, but I think he is a better corner this year.

14. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Cro has been great this year, and not really given up very many big plays. Not sure what people want from him, but him and Jammer have been one of the top duos in the league

If AJ really does let Merriman leave, there is no way he lets Cro leave as well

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    FU.CK CRO

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If Cro can get it through his thick skull that tackling is part of the job & that Deion isn't an example of a good tackler, he may have a chance.

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Cro did backpedal from CJ... He was supposed to. Did anyone look in the backfield beyond Cro? Anyone? Hello?

He needed to delay, if he attacked and missed it was an easy 6 for CJ. Cro slowed him down then the team made the stop.

How is this a bad thing?

• Like Like x 1
  18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :lol:

What?

EDIT: Oh... yeah. That play.
    But just once I wanna see the guy not puss out.

19. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Try paying attention and you will. Later in the Titans game, they threw a screen to CJ. Cro held the corner and then sacrificing his body, diving low at CJ's legs and tripping him up as CJ tried to cut back inside.

Cro is not a great tackler. But this idea that he is some kind of complete puss just does not stand up to scrutiny.

20. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Although I did lobby for Cason in this topic, I will say this: Cro has been a very good corner this year and has really worked at his cover game.

I only mentioned Cason because some Redskinned team will likely offer him far too much, and when I look at how much Clements was paid for being a flash in the pan, I dread how much Cro will command down the line.

21. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    He's better than last year and he remains a physical cover corner. The scheme calls for soft coverage so I understand seeing him backpedal so much. He's not a very good tackler but like Conc said, he is in the area slowing guys down for the better defenders to come along with support. Jammer is our best corner but Cro doesn't warrant a release.

22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    To put it clearly:

My only real problem with Cro in the Tenn game was his lovey dovey shiit with Johnson after that TD. Just save that crap for after the game. I don't care that it was meaningless in the outcome, I want my defensive players nasty and piissed off when someone scores on them. Cro has no equity thus far in this area, so he gets no leniency from me.

And there's plenty of tape to show his lack of desire to be physical. I hope he proves me wrong. I want him to. But he hasn't yet this year... and if anything he's proven that I was right. This does not make me happy.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Then you need to watch more games he has been hitting this season, and to be frank has not warned the level of animosity he is receiving from some of the fans.

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Now I'll give it to you again...

WHAT? :lol:

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Watch the games. It should be easy, the ball is right there! :icon_tease:

26. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yeah, and most of the time Cro can't get it.

What can I say? I'm a CroHater.

I want him to make me love him. Not the way his baby mama's love him. :lol:

27. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Cro has his good moments as well. I wouldn't think about getting rid of him unless you have a stud in the waiting and I'm not sure if Cason is that good. Yet.

28. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Cromartie was voted in as a 3rd pro bowl alternate over Jammer???

:icon_wtf:

29. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yeah, plenty of people still remember his 2007 season.

30. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Cro's playing great compared to last year when he was hurt...

I think some of you guys set the bar to high after that 2007 10 INT year...