1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cro or Flo, Officially

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, Jul 19, 2007.

?

Cro or Flo

1. Cro

23 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. Flo

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Man this could get as good as Brees V. Rivers...

2. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Flo easily defends his starting position.

But he better know how to play hurt because if he gets nicked up for even one game Bolts will be looking to the future.

3. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I think Flo keeps his job IF he outplays Cro in camp. If it's even or better, Cro is starting while they look to the future.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The Conc-unit believes that Cro will indeed start! After earning the spot!

5. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    That's actually not a bad thing for the team. Our long term starter is on the field and we have a very solid nickel back.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yup as I have said before, Win or lose we have a good starter and good backup!

7. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    better the devil you know:icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

False.recent reports like from last week said Cro was still inconsistant so him being at a minicamp means notihing. You wont win a job at a minicamp. That isnt where it happens.

As for doing his workouts in Florida.....c-mon now, that isnt a very smart statement. Flo is a hard worker and Moss trains hard. That you can say about him. Osgood goes to those as well.

Anyway, Flo easily keeps his starting job as he is always the one that shines in TC every year and i dont see why that wouldnt carry over thru preseason.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Cro. I expect him to have a spectacular camp and preseason.

10. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I cant belive those vote

Florence is so far ahead of cromartie its not even funny

Cro might have more natural ability, but he seemed lost on every play i saw him in last year.

If florence had better hands, he would of hand 10 INTs last year, but that just shows how great his anticipation was last year and how perfect he was in his coverage. He was always in the right spot and usually made a play on the ball

At this point,

Florence >>> Cromartie

Now a year or two from now it MIGHT be the other way around with Cro being a MUCH better player, but for right now id take florence over him in heartbeat

11. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152

Yeah good job with that :rolleyes:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C2ra1mG55XE

Id venture to say that Florence is the 3rd best conditioned player on the team (LT/Merriman)

But its ok, you just continue to blindingly hate the guy

12. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    D-Flo IS ready for Prime Time.....:yes:

8 picks...

Pro Bowl...

Championship....

13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I just have on thing to say:

CACAW--CACAW!!!

14. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    People don't realize McCree said last year that FLORENCE was the most athletic player he's ever played with...not Cromartie.

I love Cromartie's potential too and would love to see him on the field, but Florence is just as athletic and is a ton more consistent at this point.

Calling Florence a lazy bastard is just stupidity. He's one of the hardest workers on the team.

15. Den60

Den60 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I voted for Flo. Cro might win the job at some point this year but I think he is probably still a season away from earning the job. I do think he makes strides this year and with Flo looking for a big payday and Jammer coming off a great year we might just have a secondary to brag about should we find the missing link at SS.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I think Flo will start in Chicago, but I vote for Cro because he will undoubtedly pick up ground during training camp and I am convinced the two will begin splitting time soon after the season starts, with Cro on the field the most by the time the season ends. I don't much care who starts, because whoever does will make us better than last year simply because of the sharpening of skill that competition does. They will push each other hard this year, harder than any other two players in camp in line for a starting position. I tend to favor Cro simply because of his edge in intelligence. Either way, I'm lovin' our nickel package. The rest of the league is underrating our receivers and our DB's this year.

I want camp to start yesterday.

17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Florence is better right now, but if Cro is anywhere near him he will take over because he's under contract for a long time and Flo will be a FA after the year

18. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402

19. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    It takes a huge leap of faith to think that Cromartie can improve his play enough to overtake Drayton Florence.

It's not that I don't think Cromartie will improve and develop. Just that Florence is a young player himself, his potential yet to be fully-realized.

Florence isn't going to lose his job unless his play regresses. Which it won't.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    TK will delete this post in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.....

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Faith has nothing to do with it.

Flo isnt the all pro player everyone is painting him. It takes some really big rose colored glasses to think we are set at that position with him playing. Stagnation is good for you perhaps, me I want to see players challenged and them striving for the next level.

22. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402