1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cro or Flo?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Jrocthadino, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Jrocthadino

Jrocthadino BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I saw Cromardie out there quite a bit today... has Florence lost his job?

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No one knows. But my boy Cro needs to play more.

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I agree 100%. :icon_evil: We need him to become the DROY please.:icon_evil:

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Cromartie didnt do horrible, our safties lost track of Bruce today. I dont totally blame that on Jammer and Cro.

I think DFlo has finnaly lost his job, but I dont know why, we were doing so well against the pass earlier this season.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I didn't think Flo did poorly enough to lose his starting job
    And Cro, while looking ok, doesn't look good enough yet to start.

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

Its called a lot of 3 WR sets

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Flo made a huge pass interference penalty in the 49er game, and right after that Cro came in.
    And hasnt come out since! He looked decent today, probably should have had that one pick if hed gone after the ball.

8. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I like cro better

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    cro did one hellova job d'ing up on holt, three long pass attempts he looked like he was the reciever, i didnt see him let holt behind him once. maybe he did but i didnt see him.

CRO over FlO

10. obviousman03

obviousman03 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Seemed to me that about half-way through the 1st quarter they realized that neither Jammer nor Florence could stay with Kevin Curtis, so they brought in Cromartie (supposedly the fastest guy on the team).

Jammer did a good job on Holt (that catch on the sidelines was absolutely ridiculous), Florence did a great job on Bruce (the long pass to him was zone defense), and Cromartie did a fine job on Curtis.

IMO, all 3 DBs I feel are at about the same level, but they each bring something unique to the table. Jammer is a great tackler, has real good speed and can bump anyone off the line. Cromartie is even faster and may be just as good a tackler, but is relying more on instincts than experience right now and that could result in a couple big plays if the offense focused on him. Florence can read WRs well, has good speed and good instincts. He's not quite the tackler the other two are, but he's more finesse with his coverage and that may not be a bad thing.

Off Topic - would anyone be against Marlon McCree becoming a player/coach? it's been a while since there's been one, but he's such a great leader and is so smart. I wouldn't mind giving him a little bit more control/authority over our secondary.

11. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    You can't take anything away from Bruce and Holt. They are awfully good. I was worried they would really light us up, but our pass "D" held up. You couldn't say that last year.

12. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Dude can't tackle in the open field to save his azz...:tdown:

13. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Thankfully AJ "The Genius" Smith already drafted DFlo's replacement...:icon_mrgreen:

14. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I'm sure others see things differently then I do, but Cro seems timid on throwing his body into tackles and taking blockers on. He always seems like he is waiting for something to happen instead of him just attacking the ball carrier or even the person locking for the ball carrier.:icon_shrug:

15. Jrocthadino

Jrocthadino BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    so who was guarding kevin curtis, or did we play zone. I have a hard time seeing this during the broadcasts.

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, there were people on the other forum declaring that Cromartie would become the #2 CB by mid-season......

Some of those people are here too I think.

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He will be!:icon_evil:

18. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    yep.... Cro shines brightest on long passes.... it does look like he's the intended receiver. If teams try and throw deep on him, they won't have too much success.