1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie’s theatrics start on trampoline

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-sandiego080108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Video interview

• Like Like x 1
  2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Just an outstanding article man, thanks for posting that. I feel glad that we picked this guy in the draft. The knee injury was actually a blessing in disguise for both him and us. This dude is something special. "CRIME TIME" has arrived!

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    AJ got this dude with the 19th selection in the draft. AJ is a witch.

Seriously, how many players with Hall of Fame potential are on this roster? It's unreal. The only thing left to do is win the Lombardi.

As good as we have been the last couple years, it's scary to think that we are going to be better--with guys like Cro, Weddle, Jackson and Rivers improving from last year.

4. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Those are probably the most fitting words describing this roster. I've never seen anything like it.

The next most talented team I've ever seen was the 49er team that beat us in the Superbowl - and they were cheating the cap.

It's a good time to be a Charger fan - the best time there's ever been. Enjoy the ride, folks. :abq2:

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    :icon_toast:I wonder how many dad's are running out to buy their kid a trampoline:tup:

can't wait to see some football

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

Hmm, what's that? Talent + work ethic is what AJ's looking for? Not just talent alone? Perish the thought. :flag:

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i think cro lives by the saying "go hard or go home"

IMO, thats the only way to practice

8. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    MoFo Cro has a 45+ inch vertical!!!!!!

:icon_eek:

:abq2::abq1:

9. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    The NFL Record is 51" by Randy Moss.

The World Record is 60" by one Kadour Ziani, whoever that is, from Slamnation, whatever that is.

Michael Jordan had a 48" Vert, which is the NBA record.

If Cro "cupped his hand" on the top of the measuring pole, you're probably talking 51 or 52 inches. :eek:

10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Cro can actually jump much higher than that, but doesn't want to risk knocking down a helicopter or low flying plane. :icon_rofl:

11. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    That's the thing that blows me away. On another forum I said that if Vincent Jackson reaches his full potential people are going to start thinking that AJ is cheating somehow. VJ's full potential, IMO, is "best receiver in football." No one should laugh--he definitely has the physical tools for it, and if he can put together a full season playing at the level he played last January, he's a 100-reception, 1,500 yard type talent.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) he may never reach his full statistical potential because we just have SO many weapons.

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    :yes:

Mmmm Hmmm. I don't see Rivers throwing more than 480 passes this season, and completing at most 65% of them (with good luck).

So, that's about 310 completions at most. Distribute that amongst LT, Gates, Hester, Chambers, VJ, Davis, Naanee, Sproles, and 2 or 3 other guys (that will get only a handful each) any way you see fit.

13. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155

yep, that's why I knew AJ would pick Cason over whoever else was being mentioned (don't remember the names right now).

Whenever you think of who AJ might draft always look at that player's work ethic/motor. If it isn't great odds are AJ won't pick him.

When people mention AJ type players that's what he looks for in addition to to talent and other factors.

14. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I think that's reasonable. That's basically three more completions per game than we had last year. That would probably work out to an additional 500-600 passing yards, which I don't think is unreasonable for this offense. Hell, that would only be about twenty yards per game more than what PR threw for in '06.

If it breaks down that way, I tend to think the guys giving up some receptions will be LT and Gates. LT's not that great a downfield receiver and a lot of his catches came as dump-offs where he is the outlet guy. With Chambers and VJ, Rivers won't be forced to dump it off as often. LT caught 60 last year. It wouldn't surprise me if that number drops to around 40-45 this year, which is a much more typical number for a RB.

Gates will give up a few receptions just because some of the third-down catches he made will go to Chambers and VJ. But he'll make more downfield catches, so I'd mark him down for around 65-70 receptions if he plays the whole season.

I think Chambers and VJ might actually be about even, but Chambers will catch about 1 more ball per game than VJ just due to his experience and route-running ability. So... 65-70 receptions for Chambers and 50 to 55 for VJ. But VJ will have the higher YPC and will probably score more TD's.

That's 210 to 230 receptions out of the primary options. So split the other 80-100 receptions among Davis, Naanee, Hester, and the rest of the crew.

I expect this sort of breakdown:

Davis... 25-30 receptions
    Manumaleuna 10-15
    Hester 10-15
    Naanee 10-15
    Sproles 5-10
    Everyone else 10-15

Don't forget that there will likely be 5-10 receptions from sources other than Rivers. That would be typical.

15. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    move over dwight howard, theres a NEW superman in town.

16. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    :icon_toast: :yes:

17. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Dude... I can't tell you the number of times he's inadvertantly put his head through the ceiling... :icon_banana:

18. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    That same situation hasn't hampered Antonio Gates' career much! Sure, it probably costs him 10 catches a year, but it also leaves him more open when there's so many quality receivers to cover.

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We are SOOOOO lucky to have Cro on our squad. The guy just has crazy athletic ability. I hope he'll remain a Charger for a long, long time.

Now bring home the bling, Bolts!!!!!!! :abq2: :abq1: