1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie addresses tackling, child support

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 5, 2010 6:59 PM ET

Antonio Cromartie was justifiably criticized when he didn't even try to tackle Jets running back Shonn Greene on a touchdown run that helped New York beat Cromartie's San Diego Chargers in the playoffs.

Cromartie was also justifiably criticized after the season, when reports surfaced that he was behind on child support payments.

In his first meeting with the media since being traded from the Chargers to the Jets, Cromartie addressed both issues.

"I have not been the best tackler at times in my career," Cromartie said. "That is something I am truly [going to be] working on this off-season."

Asked specifically about that Greene touchdown, Cromartie acknowledged he messed up.

"My thought on that is it is something I should have made the play on, honestly," Cromartie said. "I was there to make the tackle for a three or four yard gain and it did not happen. That is something I look back on, but not forget and try to look forward to [improving on] this year with the Jets."

Cromartie also vowed to make sure his child support was in order.

"I have seven kids that live in five different states," Cromartie said. "I made some wrong decisions my first two years in the NFL. Now I have to take on the responsibility of being a father to my kids. . . . It won't impact my focus on the field."

Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum acknoweged that both issues raise concerns, but he said the team is confident that Cromartie will do the right things on the field and off.

"Obviously, that one play has a tremendous amount of notoriety, but let's face it, Shonn Greene broke a lot of tackles," Tannenbaum said.

And Tannenbaum said the Jets think they have the right support system to keep Cromartie in line.

"We looked at that and we understand some of the issues that he has, but we feel really good about the organizational resources we have to help him and give him the best chance to be successful," Tannenbaum said. "There is going to be some work involved on Antonio's part and on our part working with him, but we felt the risk was reasonable given the price we had to pay."

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    What's the spread on interceptions vs. fathered childern for Cro in NY this year?

• Like Like x 1
  3. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Cromartie is so full of crap. I bet after he got his first girl pregnant he told everyone he was going to start using protection, just like he is telling everyone he is going to work on his tackling. Baloney!!!!! Bullcrap!!!!

NYC is going to eat him alive if he doesnt grow the F up.

How much fun would be to get a rematch against him next postseason and have him ole our back.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Kind of like that BS column that Acee wrote last off season about how hard Cro was working. I guess he only works hard in practice, because he sure never did during a game.

I am so glad that clown in out of San Diego.

5. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    How do you work on not being a chicken? It's not like he tried to make a tackle on Green and just didn't execute. And it's not like it was a meaningless game where taking a play off would be no big deal.

Dude is not going to change.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Deny it all you want to make yourself feel better, but the tape don't lie.

:icon_rofl:

As I was picking up my daughter from school this afternoon I was listening to Jason Smith (notorious Jets fan) on ESPN radio and he was making excuse after excuse for Cro, basically trying to justify him STOPPING BEFORE HE GOT TO GREENE as "Greene was already thru the hole and Cromartie had to change directions", then acting like the Jets pulled a fast one on us w/ the trade. I'm all for embracing the hate, but I simply cannot embrace the stupid.

It's been a while since I've been this happy about a POS player finally being gone.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Thanks for quitting on your team, Cro.

F/uck off.

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Bingo.

Maybe he will change but he wouldn't have ever changed here so I'm glad he's gone. I was wrong, I defended that ****ing wussbag and gave him the benefit of the doubt. GTFO my town and GTFO my team you pansy little whiner.

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    No way does Cro ever change on D but u know what he might end up being a top kick returner in NY. He may even play some offense but he is too soft to play D.

On a human level I wish him the best, he truly has made some poor decisions. I hope he can look after all them babies in the future.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My hand hurts after reading that article.

Gotta go find the spackle ..... :icon_evil:

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    If he pulls the same crap in NY then he will not last long. No offense but the fans up there are less forgiving and a little harsher that the fans in San Diego.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    The media is a billion times worse as well.

IMO giving them Cro to suffer with is like a nice little FU for beating us gift.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Hell we should have given them Kaeding. :lol: I guess they think that he is more valuable to them being on our team.

14. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I like the title of the thread...it is ironic because this is the first time Cro has addressed either topic in his life.

Deion's DB Academy - careers ruined while you wait!

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    such horse ****, it wasnt like green broke the tackle. cro phucking stopped.

• Like Like x 2
  16. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I think Cro is talking BS

• Like Like x 2
  17. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    The more I read, the more I regret not starting Cason instead and helping along his development sooner.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Guess you haven't been paying attention all that long? Have a read of this old article from July, 2009 -
    This just happens to be the first time he has said it to New York fans - and THEY are lapping it up. :lol: