1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie for LenDale White being discussed?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    I saw this on the ESPN insider headlines...I don't think the market for Cro is very big, so I'm not surprised...but I'm not sure White is a great option even as a backup. He has never averaged over 4YPC a year. At least he's not a big time fumbler which I worry about since we've been spoiled for so long with LT's almost guaranteed ball security.

If we pull the trigger on something like this, I think we should at least try to get a later round pick as part of the deal.

2. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    I saw this on the ESPN insider headlines...I don't think the market for Cro is very big, so I'm not surprised...but I'm not sure White is a great option even as a backup. He has never averaged over 4YPC a year. At least he's not a big time fumbler which I worry about since we've been spoiled for so long with LT's almost guaranteed ball security.

If we pull the trigger on something like this, I think we should at least try to get a later round pick thrown in as part of the deal.

3. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Why would we want LenWhale White? We have Tolbert who is probably as good as White is and maybe better.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    This is the jist of the ESPN Insider box

The process might bring him back to Nashville, where Chris Johnson is expected to handle a smaller load in 2010. Then again, maybe he'll head to San Diego, Detroit or Houston, teams that have a need for a between-the-tackles workhorse. Chargers blog Bolts from the Blue even has a theoretical trade scenario for us: White and a lower-round pick for Antonio Cromartie.

If it's being discussed at a higher level, then it isn't said here - seems to suggest that another Bolts blog is behind the rumor with the theoretical trade

A box lower down says the Browns are considering Cromartie, though that'd be a trade for picks since outside of SHaun Rodgers I can't imagine anyone on that roster I'd want

5. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Thanks for summarizing as I couldn't view the article...Not suprising that it isn't based upon anything concrete.

Either way, I'd just like to see something get done sooner rather than later.

6. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    I wouldn't go that far...Tolber is an UDFA who is just getting used to being a FB for us...we've also given him a couple of quick tryouts as a RB and while he looked good in limited action, he obviously hasn't shown too much in TC and practic to be considered as a fulltime RB.As far as why, I guess you'd have to ask whoever that rumor came from at ESPN.

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Don't know if I want LenDale "Weight" after he mocked LT, Merriman and Cro years ago when he scored a TD on us. I think he has a bad attitude plus he's not that great a back imo. Next....

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I would rather just get a 3rd round pick, White isn't even worth that these days.

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Dielman and Gates were UDFA also, but they are great. Tolbert is a good player, and I do think he is better than White

10. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Getting LenDale for Cro would be a waste of a trade.. A high 2nd rounder would be the ideal trade. I just hope something gets done fast.

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Don't hold your breathe. An early 3rd is about what he is worth.

12. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    I guess, but we did spend a first rounder on him. I hope a team sees potential in him and is willing to give us a 2nd for him. If we did get a third I would hope it would be between picks 65-75

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Sometimes 1st round picks just don't work out. NO is about to release Reggie Bush because he is scheduled to make about $8 mil this year, and he hasn't even gotten close to living up to his draft position. If/When NO's releases Bush, they will not get anything for him. So just because someone was drafted in a certain round, doesn't mean they will get you that round in return. Every team in the league has seen the same lack of effort and horrible play that we have seen over the last 2 years, and his value will represent that

14. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Just because we give a first rounder to get him, doesn't mean that factors into what he is worth.

15. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    That's too bad... :tdown:

16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    We gave up a 1st rounder to get Craig Davis as well.

Do you think we'd get much for him in a trade?

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    A bag of Lindt Chocolates and a twelve pack of beer

make it happen AJ

18. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Right. I know people hate cromartie but Why trade him for crappy players we don't need? That would just make it worse!

19. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Man I didn't know that when a player was drafted affected what we'd get for them! Wow, what do you think we could get for LT!?

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I think he was saying that White isn't a player we need and therefor shouldn't be traded for.

21. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I hate Lendale White

22. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    :abq2:

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    i have issues with Lendale White's work ethic and conditioning. He'd be a great power back to add to our backfield if his stuff is taken care of. Imagine him and CJ Spiller

24. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Maybe trade for Lendale White and move him to the O-line.... he's got the size...

25. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Some more boxes keep popping up on where Cro could go. Just added was a rumor that Cro could be traded to the Vikings (they want someone they can pair with the physical Winfield). The only screwy part is that the trade offers in return Chester Taylor (who btw is a UDFA and isn't up for trade bait).

I keep wondering if we could flip him to the Raiders for Michael Bush or the Texans for a draft pick or even to the Panthers with a draft pick for DeAngelo Williams (who is apparently on the block)

26. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think Bush is needed since we already have Tolbert and they are the same type runner (Also why White isn't needed). Al also thin Williams is way to injury prone to give up Cro and a pick for.

Chester Taylor has been rumored for a while, and I wouldn't mind getting him. He is someone who has not ran the ball very much since they drafted Peterson, so he should be very fresh. Just like Thomas Jones, he should still be productive in his early 30's because he has so little mileage on his body. He has only 4 more career attempts than LT had after the 03 season. (1028 vs 1024). He may be someone I would consider as our only allowed FA acquisition (Due to final 8 rule).

Combine him with Tolbert, Hester, a mid round rookie, and Bennett, and our RB staff could be good enough. Especially since no great RB is going to have success until the line issues (Scheme and personnel) are fixed

27. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Ok, haters, first of all LenDale lost alot of weight last offseason and came into the 09-10 season in probably the best shape of his life. Second, he got stuck sitting behind one of the best new RBs in the league who was having a MONSTER season. Third, getting more than a bag of rocks for Cromartie is a WIN in my book.

I'd make the trade. LenDale is a workhorse back and would be a great compliment to Sproles, should we choose to keep him.

28. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I think I'd rather just keep Cromartie and move him back to nickel.

29. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    This would be a great trade. :tup:

30. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I agree with that 100%. I think his cheeseburger days are behind him. He was rarely used last season because Chris Johnson is the man and he was crying about the rushing record.