1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie humble for first Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Feb 5, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    The 23-year-old Cromartie plans to quietly go about his business at his first career Pro Bowl. He says he won't be boasting about his breakout season or his NFL-record 109-yard missed field goal return. He also won't incite debates about whether his dramatic one-handed leaping interception of Peyton Manning was the most impressive defensive play of the season.

He sees Pro Bowl week as a time to learn and improve.

"I'm just going to pick some of the guys' brains," Cromartie said. "That's what I'm going to do, to tell the truth. Just try to learn some of the tricks of the trade so I can be a complete corner."

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/02/05/sports/professional/chargers/18_56_502_4_08.txt

I think Jammer better step up his game yet another notch, QBs are going to avoid Cro like the plague!

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Good stuff! Imagine what he'll be like once he's a "complete corner". :icon_eek:

AJ better get him signed to an extension before he gets too expensive. :yes:

And please, Cro, Shawne, etc. - don't get hurt in Hawaii!!!

3. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    The first impression I get when Cromartie is being interviewed is what a genuine person. Plus he seems very bright. I'm glad he's on our side. I agree, Jammer better get ready for more action.

4. henryqjr2001

henryqjr2001 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    With Cro and Q on the corners and Weddle and Oliver ready to step up. The Bolts will have the best secondary in the NFL.

5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    From your lips to God's ears.

6. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Uh, will?

...How about do?

7. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    It is great to see a young player like Cro respects the game at the same time have the confidence to push himself to new levels. At 23 years old, he has a good balance between being humble and self confidence.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I wasn't sure of what we had at first, but the more I see & hear him, the more impressed I am of him as a person, not just a player. And yes, in my book character matters. :tup:

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    My new Cro jersey arrived in the mail yesterday. :tup:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If you don't mind saying - where and how much?

11. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Ebay. $39.99 and it's the nice one with sewn-on everything. After the season is a great time to shop Chargers gear on ebay. :yes:

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thanks, bdh. I'm there. :yes:

13. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    If QB's give him enough chances to get 15 picks, they'd be the dumbest QB's in the league.

O coordinators beware: after seeing Jammer DOMINATE in the AFC championship game, you better find other ways than beating us outside in the passing game. If Cro can become half the tackler Jammer is, this tandem will be the best for years to come! I can't wait to see if Oliver can develop into the playmaker at safety we need. I hear he likes playing physical, but has better cover skills than McCree......which is exactly what AJ has ordered!!!!!:abq2::abq1::icon_toast: