1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie pays child-support debt

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Brent Schrotenboer, UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Former Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie has paid past-due child-support obligations and no longer will have to appear in a San Diego court next week to answer questions about his financial situation.
    The appearance was taken off the court calendar yesterday after Cromartie paid support owed one of the mothers of his seven children, her attorney said.
    “Everything’s fine,” attorney Steven Bishop said.
    Cromartie, 25, has seven children by six women in five states. He had been past due on his support of them by around $25,000 to $50,000, Bishop said.
    Cromartie’s financial situation improved after he was traded two weeks ago to the New York Jets, who reportedly advanced him $500,000 to help him meet his obligations.
    NFL players normally don’t collect their salaries until the season starts, but the Jets gave him the money upfront as part of the $1.7 million owed him next season in the last year of his five-year, $12.5 million contract.
    Cromartie had been scheduled for a judgment debtor’s exam Tuesday in San Diego. It could have been embarrassing for him because he likely would have faced questions about why he hasn’t paid the support, which assets he owns and where those assets are.
    His trade to the Jets appears to have saved him from the exam.
    Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum told reporters recently that he didn’t want to go into specifics on Cromartie’s unusual pay arrangement.
    “It’s one of those situations where hopefully he can resolve some things and go into the offseason program and concentrate on being a Jet, learning the defense and hitting the ground running,” he said.
    Cromartie told the media in a conference call after his trade that he “made some wrong decisions in my first two years in the NFL and now I have to take on that responsibility of being a father to my kids.”
    The Chargers traded Cromartie for a 2011 draft pick.

2. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Honestly.... you make all that cheese and are behind on your payments? I dont get it. keep it in your pants homie:tdown:

3. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Cro will end up broke. His earning capacity will not last long enough to pay out on all those kids till their 18 and have anything left. If he is a scrub with the Jets his path towards bankruptcy will be even shorter. The dude is an idiot.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Cro was scheduled for a debtor's examination in San Diego. If Cro had refused to answer questions about his finances, he could have been thrown into jail for 5 days. Debtor's examinations are extremely brutal. It means someone has a judgment against him which means a legal process has already taken place to sue Cro. A Debtor's exam is the closest you can get to the arcane ritual of debtor's prisons. :yes:

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Maybe if the opponents ran around with a big wet spot on their uniform Cro would have been able to hit it. :icon_shrug:

6. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Good riddance to that waste of carbon. AJ could have traded him for a bag of dead squirrels and I would have been happy.

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    BAHAHAHAHA :icon_rofl:

Seriously tho - before I blocked him and his fiance on twitter there where plenty of times they talked about him buying a Bentley, red bottom shoes (which are Louboutin's and stupid expensive), etc... FOR HER. And her justifying to people on twitter why it wasn't her being a gold digger or "kept woman" b/c she'd worked hard as a dancer in hip hop videos and on reality tv making a career for herself blah blah blah

Anyway... Spending all that $$ on gifts for your fiance and baby momma to just 1 of your kids, falling behind 500k+ on the rest all the while complaining that you're not making the $$ you deserve... God damn I'm so ****ing glad that wussbag moron is off our team and out of our city.

8. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I lol'd

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Dayum, Syd! Tell us how you really feel.:lol:

(Agree with you, BTW)

10. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    LMAO! No kidding.

11. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    My rough calculation of his child support over the next 14 years is $4.2 MILLION DOLLARS! (imagine best Dr. Evil voice)

Choke on it, douche.

12. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58

This is totally cromartie...

13. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I usually roll my eyes at those posters who pretend to be morally superior but DAMN!! 7 kids with 6 different women in 5 different states? There is nothing wrong with having some fun...but either wear protection or get yourself fixed Cro.

14. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I know. CRo belongs at the players ball not the NFL!!!

NSFW

15. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    hahahaha oh man Ju Hefner!

16. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    at the rate cro is going he could start his own adoption service for his own kids for infertile parents:yes:

17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He really should get a vasectomy, at this rate he'll be broke by the time he retires. Why even risk more kids? Is 7 not enough? It won't stop him from having sex.

18. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    LOL at least this guy ended up with a condom..

I think if he has more kids, screw the NFL and Start his own reality show. like the duggars. It could be Cro and 8 + 8 time 2 divided by 3.... whatever

19. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    [​IMG][/IMG]

I like this one. Thank God rivers wasn't this stupid. lol

20. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Man that would make me ecry:icon_rofl:

21. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Sheli in her finest moment :abq2::abq2::abq2:

22. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    o man this is some funny ****!!! Cromartie on draft day.

Everyone calls him a gamble, then says he could be a wr and then at 3:40 he is shown with one of his 7 kids.