1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie soon to eclipse Florence?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 17Rocks, Jun 2, 2007.

1. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135

I remember another play from the Patriots game, Cromartie was in position for a monster return of an intercepted pass but he was unable to catch the ball even though it hit him in BOTH hands! He is still very raw, but he is around the ball a lot...

• Like Like x 1
  2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Jammer got picked on though, the guy still needs to learn how to turn around and grab the goddamn ball. He'd have had 5more int's last year.

Cro will be flat out amazing someday. But I admit I'm a huge fan of Drayton Florence, he always puts himself in position to make plays.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

That dude talks so much ****, one would think he's a port-A- potty.:bolt2:

• Like Like x 1
  4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    He almost picked Jay Cutler off 3 times in the 2nd game against Denver.....of course he dropped all 3.

Thats just for starters. The AP had an article on how many INT's he dropped this year, but he always put himself in position to make the play. Now he just needs to bring em' down.

They said 11 were pickable, 6 he got at least one good hand on, 5 hit both hands or bounced off his chest. Thats almost a direct quote too, Ill look for the article.

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    If Florence catches half the INT he dropped you guys wouldnt be talking any crap about him. He is a good corner, he just needs to keep his head straight and not lose his cool.

I doubt Cromartie beats him out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I haven't seen anything from Cro that would convince me that he's a starter. D-Flo isn't much better but IMO Cro has miles to go before taking over the starting spot.

7. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Tell me when you've watched your first real NFL game, then we'll talk.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Once he gets some serious playing time, he'll be our best CB.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

It was in reference to the poster you were questioning.:bolt2:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Cro beats him out. You will only see sir headbutt in nickle packages.

11. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Hey VAN, you want some advice?

It's probably not the best idea to back up your opinions using Arena League Football references. :no:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Cromartie has all the talent, speed and athleticism he needs to become an all pro. Don't know if he'll emerge from camp as the starter this season, but I expect Florence to start losing his grip on the position. I'd like to see him start sooner rather than later, since Florence goes free agent next season. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    D-Flo is a pretty impressive athlete. He is getting better each year. I expect a break-out year in 07 with him actually tucking away half a dozen picks. D-Flo on D and Floyd on O emerge as rising stars.

Cro will have to wait a year to get into the starting lineup. Hopefully he gets a chance to shine on special teams and get a few picks in nickel work.

14. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Dont know what you saw in Cro that makes you think he can beat out Florence, but it wont happen. Cro is still too raw and regardless of the headbutt incident......that wont matter here because Florence is still the better player.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Couldn't agree more, especially about the part that he needs to see time before we lose Flo. Unless he develops hands to replace those claws he currently sports, I don't see D-Flo here next year.

Cro is bigger, faster, more athletic - once he gets a bit more adjusted to NFL game speed, he's gonna shine. :yes:

16. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Not sure why people think Cromartie is ready to unseat Florence, but anyone who watch the games last year knows that Florence is so far ahead of Cro and is a very good corner.

His problem is his hands, but he was in perfect position to get atleast 10 INTs last year, and while he drop them, he still got is hands on the ball and causes the incompletion.

Cro isnt going to beat him out this year, and will instead be handed the job the next year when florence leaves

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I hate to jinx **** but we have been damn lucky in the injury department between Jammer and D-Flo. Cromartie needs massive reps before they turn his *** loose and AJ needs to make a decision whether to extend D-Flo a contract. I see the brother going to the free agent market in 2008 as well.

Back to the draft for corner support it appears if D-Flo is not tendered an offer.

18. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I agree with Conc, Florence might be the starter when the real games start, but Cromartie will see more and more playing time if he does play himself into the job in camp. Cromartie is smart and has the upside to eclipse Jammer as our best corner. Hard to say before camp starts, but Cromartie has that potential. It just depends on how steep his learning curve is this summer. Florence isn't chopped liver, he's good, but Cromartie is going to be more than that and I like the flashes I saw late last season. The light seemed to be going on.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Sure he has the potentual but he is raw and isnt ready. Thus he wont beat out Florence but i do think he will see the field often. He needs development still.

20. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    That's what makes training camp so enjoyable for us football drama queens.

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Take a step back and it is really is a good thing we are discussing. We did not have **** for corners for YEARS before we got Jammer. Gil Byrd was the last one worth a fuc and that was a gap of around a decade or so. That sucks goat balls.

Now we need to see if the rookie SS whatshisname is all that and a bag of chips and in the mean time Cro and Flo can show each other up until the cows come home.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Further, since the forum is pretty quiet right now and I have a few beers in me (yeah I know what else is new), I have said from the Day we got McCree that his asss should be at SS.

As a secondary defender (safeties for you football Einsteins), for the SS you need to play "In-the-box" lined up on the slot WR or TE and you need to have a "bangers build" or a physique to engage in run support. The FS needs to be a lanky rangy SOB who can provide ultimate (OK so what is ultimate) over the top protection.

This is where I saw Brian Stewart (our secondary coach) blowing the choir boys like a Catholic priest.

McCree is better suited versus Hart for "In-The-Box" duty. Hart is a natural FS. I repeat...dude is a natural FS and NOT a SS. You need a rangy instinctive brother at FS who can read the play and knows where that most important first step will be taken. So long as the FS's wheels are in the 4.5 range or better......rock and roll. Hart clocks in at a 4.55 or some **** like that so he has the wheels and the talent (I pulled that 40 speed out of my *** basically).

Anyway, our secondary coaches have been a sore spot. Like a cancre sore on the tip of your johnson, this is a Marty or Uncle Wade asssshole buddy thing. Steve Crosby (special teams) is no different. That cockksucker should have been fired long long ago.......I digress and basically need another beer before I continue this or any other fuggin rant. :helm1:

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Cro has the 'it' people talk about, he will be starting, bank it.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Probably for the same reason you bash on a sure handed receiver.:tdown:

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He WILL see the field a lot, he will see the field more than Florence will. I am not sure why it is you think he wont, but I will tell you think now, again. He will.