1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie to have plays at WR vs Colts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltmanbz, Jan 12, 2008.

1. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    just heard ted contrell talking on nfl sirius radio, he said that Cro will have plays 2morrow at WR and in the Return game also

WOW!

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Weapon or distraction?

I think they may have him out there to draw defenders away. But how sweet would it be to see him get a long TD?

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I don't understand this. We have enough weapons on offense. We need to keep him on special teams and the D.

:tup:

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    probably both, he could burn any of their DB's for sure

5. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Something else to think about.

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Post padta get more Bolt$$$ for the vBookie!! :yes:

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah, sucks that we might be getting 'cute' huh? :icon_tease::lol:

8. LTisCool

LTisCool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    That's interesting.

I could see it as an effective way to get the Colts to stop putting 8 or 9 men in the box.

That reminds me... I was "simulating" the game in Madden and for some reason Chris Chambers caught an interception and I don't know why the hell he was playing as a CB, but I thought that was cool. He returned it for a touchdown, by the way.

9. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    If you were in a quarters package and exhausted your db's, it may auto sub offensive players.

10. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'm betting on disinformation .....

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I tend to agree, but I dont see how this disinformation would help us.

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    'Nuther opportunityta post pad.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :icon_huh:

14. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    Find it hard to believe but hey, I'd love to see Cro streaking down the field under a bomb. But when it is one and done no point on waiting until 'next week' to see can he play WR!!.

15. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Cro on artificial turf, streaking down the field under a PR bomb? Or getting a YAC opportunity in the flat?

Scary stuff for Colts to ponder.

I doubt we see TOO much of it, but let's not forget that he's the guy with the record for the Longest Play in NFL History - and it came on artificial turf.

16. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Yeah ... but besides that obvious answer .... :lol:

It helps "us" by making the Colts think more ... wasting precious time preparing for things that won't happen. Every practice repitition the Colts waste on something that won't happen is one less rep for working on what will happen. Every minute spent by the Colts in meetings discussing situations that are smokescreen is less time to talk about what SD will really do.

1. Gates availability/non-availability
    2. Cro on offense and returning kicks
    3. VJ as a TE

Those three examples will require the Colts to game plan and spend time on each subject. Their players must know what to do if each happens. Each situation at TE (Gates or VJ or Chandler or Manu or MuzzCowski/Withrow) requires a different action. Gates or VJ might get a CB covering them, Manu a LB, Chandler a safety, while ignoring the OL as eligible TE's. MuzzCowski said in the UT that SD doesn't have a pass play for him as a TE. More smokescreen? Regardless, that line had to perk Dungy's ears up some.

Cro on offense? There is no tape of him since college. Did Indy use valuable research time to dig through Florida State highlights and find Cro's WR film?

Cro has been used as a decoy to run a reverse on kickoffs several times this season. Is this the game we use it? Or, does Mighty Mouse just fake the handoff? Do defenders follow Cro anyway?

Lots to think about. Lots for Dungy to discuss with his coaching staff and prepare his players. How much is just disinformation to make the Colts waste time?

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I'm stickinta the poast padding slant :icon_tease:

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I don't know if this is a good idea at all especially considering that Cro will have his hands full just playing and covering Reggie Wayne

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont see them taking that much time to do any of that. They say watch out for this... Watch out for that. None of the rumors changes their defense.

They are preparing for Gates at Tight End. If someone else is there, they can back off of that some.

Cro on Offense, they will play him like a wide out.

I don't see any of this bringing on the big changes you call for. All of the situations listed above are in a standard defensive package. Unless the players are on the field, and do something they dint expect, I don't see any changes in their D.

Remember, they are used to playing the Pats, who only have disinformation.

20. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I do think we see Cro actually TAKE the handoff from Sproles this game. That's scary enough.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    :icon_eek::yes:

22. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Cro at Wr and at return man sounds good :tup:

23. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    When Tennessee came out in that "Swinging Gate" formation to start the game, our defenders went right to certain spots. No timeouts. No confusion. Our defense had seen that in meetings and/or practiced it.

Preparation.

Dungy and staff will burn a lot of time on preparing for the MINIMAL things I mentioned. There will be a lot more. Everytime someone says something on TV or in the paper, it adds to what the opposing coaches discuss, burn time on, and draw up plans for the game.

Isn't this pretty basic in everyone's understanding of today's NFL? Seriously. C'mon Conc, are you just being a contrarian?

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont think it will burn enough time to matter. Call me contrarian, it is easy enough to drop it to that level.

Fact is I dont think that the Colts will take any of this seriously and do more than mention they have to watch for this or that. They have the plays already set for Gates. If he goes, that is covered. If Naanee or Vj line up at TE, they have that covered by basic defensive sets, a TE is nothing new.

If they put Cro in, they will cover him as a WR. Open your eyes and use your head for something other than a hat wrack.

When the Pats put Verabil in as a TE, D's do not do a bunch of shifts to deal with him. They treat him as a TE. No big plots, no twists, no contrarian or days spent getting ready for it.

So what exactly does Cro as a WR,VJ or Naanee as TE or Gates playing going to do to cause such a ruckus? I dont see it.

25. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    When you see Champ Bailey lined up on Gates, do you think the Donkeys would waste their best CB on Gates' backup, or 3rd string TE?

Sure. Yep. Just line up and play the same.

Whatever .....

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No, and I said that, please read the posts before you guess at them. They have already prepared the D for Gates. They have a D for TE's that are not to the level of Gates. Is this not proper English? What is it that is befuddling you?

We have already played the Colts. So what exactly are they going to waste all of this said time on? Was Gates not part of the team when they prepared for us before?

Besides what are we arguing about? We want the same thing don't we?

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Now everyone who said Trumpet_Man was full of chit and the prophet was high (well maybe a little) can K.M.A. & S.M.D.

Viva la revolucion !!!

Viva Bolttalk.com !!!

I told you all that this was going to happen and put his *** in there even before the season started.

Blow me.