1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie to Return Kicks !!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw

Chargers | Cromartie will start returning kickoffs soon
    Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:13:40 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports San Diego Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie will being returning kickoffs for the team soon. WR Eric Parker currently has the job but Cromartie provides a big-play capability that the team lost with the injury to RB Darren Sproles (fibula).

2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    leisure will cream himself when he hears this :icon_rofl:

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I guess I'm on the fence on this'un, jes not too sure.:icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :unsure:

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have been saying to put Cromartie at KR/PR duties but some fans were against it. If the dude can do it and excel - go for it. He is a first round pick for christs sakes and a speedster so rock and roll.

5. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    Its worth a look. I am excited for this next game for sure.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    L aint the only one! :icon_banana:

7. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the stupidest thing marty might do is let cromartie return kicks. How many charger returners have been injured in the last few years. Quite a few. Do we need cromartie in the nickle and as a backup cb. Duh, yes. Or would everyone be just happier than punch with curry playing nickle and backup cb if cromartie got hurt. Curry by the way can't cover worth sheet in case anyone wasn't aware of that.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

Dante Hall and Mel whatshisname that did it for years and survived.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sproles didnt get hurt last year did he. I think its a good idea, give Cro some playing time until he is ready to take over the starting job in week 5 or 6.:tup:

10. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    no, sproles got hurt this year in pre-season doing it

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    have you checked how many charger return people have survived in the last few years. I'm not willing to play russian roulette with a player we really need healthy for this season.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    We have extra safeties (Hart, Kiel) who are pretty good so it is not all on Curry if Cromartie goes down.

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That is because the return people we have had were soft or gay like Timmy "the lung" Dwight.

We need return people with some good old american BALLS.

Nobody holds their breath about Michael Turner getting hurt returning the ball ???

If LT goes down and Turner is out - we are pretty fuc't.

If Cro goes down and Curry, we are not as fuc't.

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    No offense. But loosing cromartie would hurt us possibly big time. Were talking a whole year of having him playing d-back and getting better and better. NOt rehabbing an injury while our d-backfield gets picked apart cause the other d-backs aren't as good as cromartie.

15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    why put him unnessarily in harms way is my point when we have other guys that can do the job of returning and if they got hurt we could fill it with another. I'm speaking of gordon and perkins.

Having cromartie as our nickle back is a big plus. Without him we'd be stuck with a much lesser coverman. Why purposely put a needed player in harms way.

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Foobs, would it be any different if he played at corner and got hurt? This is a man's game, and injuries can happen. But returning punts and kicks isnt going to ensure they are going to happen, just as playing corner isnt going to assure they wont...

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes. But last year made it through the season without major injuries doin it. Its a crap shoot. Injuries happen, thats football. He might get hurt, or he might just put the O in positions to win.

I like the idea and support it 100%. Not that any Charger official is asking me.

18. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the thing is. How many of the chargers return men have gotten injured in the last few years. Quite a few. How many cb's have gotten hurt in the last few years. One or two but only for a couple of games.

Why play russian roulette with cromartie when we have guys that can do return duty.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No offense taken unless I see you boinking Ms. Trumpie :icon_mrgreen:

It takes a CB at least 4 years to hit his stride in the NFL so if he gets blown out in whatever game due to an injury for the year, oh well. It may never happen as well getting injured. The point is the kid will not hit his prime for another 3 years so why play it safe now?

He is not a starter so the impact is a lot less.

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Gordon has a busted wrist and is on the mend. Perkins and Gross are on the PS and are not on the active roster.

The special teams pretty much suck and need a spark for a return man. Cro can be that man. Play him and make him earn his paycheck.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Wait, how many return men have been injured lately? I think that would be one that pops to mind. Sproles, this preseason. It is a dangerous job, but it is one to entrust to a player who has the ability to make the positive yards.

Last year Sproles averaged like 24 yards on kick offs. That put our O in great positions to strat from. Dont underestimate the effect that has on the team.

Cro is the fastest Charger that I know of, he isnt starting. He can catch the ball, and has pure athletic ability. Lets see what he can do. If he gets injured, well that is the game. But lets hope that doesnt happen.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Look at the guys we had returning the ball. They were small and wuss-like.......

Cromartie is huge and fast.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Besides, if he gets hurt, he can just cry on it. Cromartie's tears cure anything, at least they would if he ever cried!

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

I think it is AJ's urine cures cancer. :icon_shrug:

25. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    If he's involved in the game somehow be it CB or returning kicks, It will help him develop to the pace of a regular Season game before he become the starting CB. I think its a good idea:tup: :tup:

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Really, and you know this how?

Are you that guy he had to put a restraining order on?!

:lol:

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not trying to convince anyone or say they are wrong. Returning is dangerous. I think Cro could be really good at it. But it is definately not without risks.

If you dont like the idea, thats cool with me, I happen to like it a lot.

28. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    how do you know?? has he tried it on you:icon_shrug:

:lol: :lol:

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Some fans (FOOBER) seems to be a nervous nelly about the idea. :icon_banana:

Hey let Cro show his ****...... :tup: