1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cromartie

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by pure-sol, Sep 22, 2008.

1. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    I talked a lot of smack about Cro this week. But I will also point out that I hoped that he proved me wrong.

I admit that I didn't know about his problems with his daughter with Hurricane Ike. If I had known about that I wouldn't hav eenven made this post.

He proved me wrong, and showed that he just had a bad weekend. I can't say that I'm more glad about him shownig me wrong, even if I hate being wrong. Good for you Cro!

He had a good game. Not his best, but a great game none the less. Here's to hoping our defense can keep the pace they set this week@@:abq1::abq1:

****: sorry about the spelling problems etc, I'm drunk!!:icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  2. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    so basically you ATE CROW

3. Charger Chick

Charger Chick Queen of LOL

Ratings:
    +120
    captian obvious.. lol

Yeah I had some harsh words for Cro last week as well.. I still haven't heard about ike and his daughter. Hope she's ok.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +335
    Well this is the problem I see with alot of Charger fans. Is that everyone creates such high expectations that even if they played a near perfect game you will have people pointing out all the wrong and not the right. I have heard about Cro being a fluke, LT being washed up and on a decline cause of his nik nak injuries, people are so quick to write someone off because of 1 or 2 bad games and its crazy. In Cro's case he took it upon himself to go out and state that he played like "straight trash" which is more than I would do cause whats he supposed to do when the scheme sucked for 2 weeks, we got no pressure on the QB, and Teddy has him lined up 15 yards from the WR.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Cro played MUCH better last night. Now if we can just keep him away from that ******* Deion Sanders ...... :yes:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,557
    he showed marked improvement, next two weeks he's going to be facing scrubs and scrubish scrubs so he should and has to dominate

7. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    next up fat boy russell

8. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Really?
    Didn't notice.....

:lol:

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We're in a deeper hole than last year at this time, vis a vis, the division. Cro needs to buckle up and concentrate on what he's doing. We won't catch Denver if everyone on that defense doesn't turn it up a notch, concentrates on their assignment and then carries it out without making bonehead mistakes. Rivers and the offense won this game last night. Fouts did the same thing, but he never won the Lombardi because our defenses weren't up to the job.

10. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Next week he's going to be tackling a lot of running backs. How's his tackling skills doing?

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    He appears to be far more willing than Neon Deion to bury a shoulder into someone.

12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +898
    My glass is always half full, but you are right, a lot of people's glasses are half empty.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +626
    My boy stepped up and had a good game to erase that thing that happened in Denver.

Should have had 2 pick 6s if he had not dropped that gimme. Looks like we have 3 solid corners who can cover and tackle. Fuking Merriman not getting his shet fixed. Ill get over that some day. Dufus. If we had his pressure off the edges, this D would be much better. Mid season and into the stretch run. It would have been nice.

I can do without that taunting ****. He got his *** handed to him last week and should be humble not arrogant.

14. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +431
    Same feeling here, I hated seeing Reggie Bush do it (for the second time) last sunday, I hated seeing it from Cromartie

P.S. I started the "I'm worried about Cromartie" thread last week, I'm still worried but not nearly as much

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    LT might actually be on the decline. :unsure:

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Even so, the respect he currently demands from defenses opens up things for the offense.

17. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Cro had a good game but Marshall still owns him :unsure:

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Is Cromartie retarded? Is he just mentally challenged? I don't get this guy at all.

Did you see him try to one hand that sure INT early in the 2nd half? Cutler lobs it from the other side of the field, it falls right into Cro's hands...errr... hand... bounces off and to the ground. This would have been a pick 6 to the house for any other defensive player. But Cromartie tries to one-hand it and whifs.

Also saw him just being completely useless in coverage all night.

Is he still hurt? Is he just stupid? How does Rivera justify keeping this guy in the lineup as a starter when he's got a stud like Cason waiting right there?

Someone enlighten me. Please.

19. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Maybe it's all a trick. His agent can't ask for a huge pay bonus if he sucks all year so we can resign him at a low price...then Bam! 16 INT's in 2009.

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Ahhh... so he too... is an alien, like Norv... sent here to mindfu.ck us???

Makes perfect sense. :lol: thanks!

21. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    i was tell'in the wife all night that crow should be nickel and cason shouls start.
    btw i loved cason's illegal hands to the face penalty, shows he's bein' physical.

22. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    That is it! you got it! Cro will dominate next year!:icon_tease:

Cro must step up next week. Manning will be looking for payback from when Cro owned him last year.

23. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Cro is our weakest link on D right now. He plays with his hands to his side, and is always 5-10 yards off the receiver. If I was Indy, my playbook would be designed to attack Cro all night long.

24. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    You mean like we did for Chump Bailey? Seriously, sit him. He's a liability. He plays off receivers but then when it is actually time to step up, ie the running game, he still plays off and avoids contact. This is unacceptable. Bench Cro, start Cason and watch the fireworks cause I do think Cason starting would mean INT's and great plays for the Chargers.

25. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +439
    Yep... I'm like a broken record. This guy is a huge liability. Like u said if I'm the Colts u pick on this turd all nite long.

I cannot believe he is still starting. :tdown:

26. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

I agree. I don't even want to see Cro out there as the #3 CB. Start Jammer and Cason, with Oliver as the nickel back.

I know that Rivera won't do that next week, but he'd better do SOMETHING if Cro doesn't step it up. :tdown:

27. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +439
    Another thing about this prima donna. What's with his Uni last nite?. He looked to be wearing different colours from the waist down?. If this is more of the 'show' crap someone needs to get inside his head ASAP.

I cannot stand the sight of him gesticulating (in celebratory) fashion when the guy he is supposed to be covering drops the pass 10 yards away from him.

Who do u think needs to take this guy aside and have words?. I know Jamal is a quiet guy but I'd love to see him do it.

Rivera, puhleeeeeeze bench his ***. Get the players on the field ie. Cason, Gordon and Oliver. Oh and while u are at it restrict Hart's playing time. He so reminds me of LoNeal back there with the neck roll thingie. About as athletic as Lo too!!!!.

28. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I don't think he could get away with something like that. Probably looked different because his legs never move.

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

You just raised the IQ of this board by 100!!! :lol:

As for Hart, he only had to make 2 plays last night. I think Manning is going to be bringing a lot more brain power than Cuddles, Our secondary better be ready

:tup:

29. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,604
    Cromartie has turned into Jammer circa 5 years ago but improved with more flash and less substance.

Bench him.

30. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    is his hip really that bad?