1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by P88F, Aug 31, 2007.

1. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Dude wtf was up with this guy yesterday! The dude was scared was scared to tackle! or are some of you going to defend and say he is still green?

2. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Actually, I'm inclined to agree. Cromartie's preseason play has blown dog. I have no idea what is up with that kid but I've seen little from him other than blown assignments, blown coverages, and poor tackling.

3. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

I mean the dude **** his pants when he had to tacle! He would run away from the damm play so he didnt have to. And when he did tackle it was sad :tdown: On a good note Oliver looked like a stud out there :tup:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    he has not looked good at all nor has he played even remotely well enough to make a claim for the starting job. He better show some improvement in the regular season or he'll be replaced by Gordon and Oliver

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Dude has looked like ****.

I suspect his lack of football downs in college plus a new NFL system has this dude thinking way too much to let her rock and fire.

6. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    His season long college injuries making him gun shy?

Maybe he doesn't want Flo to leave?

Oldie Out

7. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I've been a bit disappointed, but I can't really pass judgment on anyone without extended playing time in the regular season.

On a brighter note: Kudos to my adopted son Paul Oliver for his first Pick in the NFL!

8. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

I am going to watch John Witherspoon perform next Saturday :tup: Anyone seen any of his comedy shows?

9. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Cromartie isnt gonna be replaced by Gordon or Oliver. They're gonna move the playmaker up from Dime to Nickel and Dime, Weddle. My guess is if AC doesnt pick it up Weddle is the Nickel back by mid-season.

10. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Like i said last year, hes soft

Ultimate definition of the saying, "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane"

With his size, speed and strength, the guy should be one of the top corners in the NFL

Man, if you could put Weddles mind in Cromarties body........:icon_eek:

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Real disappointing if he doesn't make a change. We won't be getting a draft pick that high again (minus trade possibilities) for a while.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I mentioned that that chargers.com article a week or so back really looked like PR spin, methinks the mgmt team know he is struggling and posted that to try and motivate/boost him somewhat. Unfortunately it hasn't worked yet.

I am still hopeful that he gets his u know what together. After his first kick return for a TD (which should happen by week 6) this season all will be forgiven. :tup:

13. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    He's still a project and it will be a really tough situation if he doesn't step up at some point this season. Then you have Florence due big money when you could have signed him for cheaper earlier. You either pay him big money or go into the offseason needing a CB to start next season.

We gambled and lost on Dielman when he did get big offers, but he mitigated the loss by coming back for less money. Now we're gambling on Cro stepping up so we don't need Florence. We'll see if our lucky personel streak continues.

14. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    leisure put the leisure curse on him

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I don’t know what to do with Cromartie. If he really is gonna be our #2 CB next year, then you have to given him significant PT. But IMO both Gordon and Oliver have looked better in preseason. It is a huge gamble, hoping that Cro improves to such an extent that he’s a solid starter opposite Jammer in ’08.

LIttleTrain, extending Drayton Florence is starting to look better all the time.

16. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    D-Flo = PrimeTime (no matter what O'r says....) :lol:

17. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Cro looked like $hit yesterday, straight up.

18. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

haha agreed, but I also think Pinnock looked like **** all preseason :tdown:

19. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    He's taking snaps at RB but he's really built for (and seen as) eventually becoming a blocking FB. Neal is just lasting longer than anyone thought, thank god.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887

The last time I typed that, I was lambasted for it. It still applies to Cro though he doesn't seem to like contact.:bolt:

21. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Gross/Race > Pinnock as RB

22. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Have to agree with you Parker. Cro hasn't looked good this PS. But his raw physical talents will keep him in the mix. He's just got to get those "Weddle" type football smarts. Hopefully it rubs off on him. Maybe not playing a whole season of Corner in college hurt him. In my mind, he's still learning to play the position at this level. I don't know what happened. I had a LOT of expectations for Cro this season. But hey, we haven't started playing the real games yet. Maybe he's holding back???

Maybe should really try to keep DFlo......:unsure:

23. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Pinnock threw some damn good blocks a few games ago ... that series after Gross got hurt and Race scored a TD. Nice ISO blocks in the power running game.

24. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    There is no doubt in my mind that D-Flo is our best corner.
    He is a pansy *** tackler but his technical skills are flawless in coverage, and he has a knack for getting his hands on the ball.

We need to extend this guy.

25. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Go lobby for Art Shell.

Pinnock looked fine this preseason. No he didn't look like an all pro taking hand-offs. But he was never intended to be an every down RB. Pinnock will be a solid blocking fullback and short yardage runner. He's got the perfect build for the job, he leans into contact, and he doesn't make stupid mistakes. Why the hate? :icon_shrug:

26. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Why does everyone say he's getting huge money? He is a solid corner but hasn't done sh*t to earn top dollar. :icon_shrug:

27. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

Looks like half the comparison's to Deon were correct - he can't tackle. If he could just get the shut-down part right we'd be good to go.

28. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

Check the crazy money being thrown around for CBs lately. Flo with a solid year could easily be viewed as a better long term option at CB than a declining Nate Clements was this past offseason.

AJ gambled that either Florence wouldn't get a big money offer or that Cro would step up and be the starter. So far the second option isn't looking so good. We'll have to wait to see how the season works out for both though. It is a gamble.

29. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Drafting Oliver was an insurance policy. More than half the DB's edge is mental, Cromartie is still very early in his development. He came out early, after only one year of college play, and after an injury junior aborted season. Last year would probably qualify has his senior year in college as far as his maturation process goes. He'll be fine once his brain catches up to his raw ability. He's not technically a rookie, but he not a typical second year player, either. Florence will probably get offers from at least four teams.