1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cromartie

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by P88F, Oct 14, 2007.

1. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Did he have a big game or what? haha to be honest where I sit they are really really far from the field and I can not see whos doing what really, but I did take my AM/FM radio and kept on hearing his name called and had a INT today, right? The dude is playing alot more now. :tup:

2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    he has played very well the past few weeks. a player like him needs 3 years before you see his true colors. he is halfway there. i think he will be a special player as he matures. i have been waiting ever since the 2004 game against indy for drayton to go play like chit for another team and my wish will come true as his contract expires. what a horrible cornerback. he couldn't cover an elephant. i am glad we have cro who will be starting next year with oliver in the slot.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I really like the future of our secondary. Cro is going to be very,very good, Oliver will be able to match up with the big slot receivers, and, as he improves, Weddle should be able to match up in the slot with the smaller, shiftier guys. :abq2:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    That was his best game as a charger without a doubt

He needs to play better and play more mature/smarter

5. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    I don't think people realize how good of a player Paul Oliver is. This kid is going to be a MAJOR player in the NFL he is oozing with talent.

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Oliver is going to give Cro a good run next year for a starting job. He was my pick for best college CB this year on this board and then he announced his intention to enter the sup draft.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I do not doubt that, he's going to be the **** and will give Cro a run for his money

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    yah my pick for best college cb was Aqib Talib :yes: dude has been the best CB, hands DOWN.

As a CB he has had 3 interceptions including one for a 104 yard touchdown. He only has 3 PDs but that is because nobody is throwing at him they are scared as fuc. Last season he had like 24 PDs on the year which is insane for CFB.

As a WR he has had 7 receptions for 134 yards and 4 touchdowns in limited action.

He was named first team all-america last week as a CB.

9. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Got to say, ive been down on him since we drafted him, but i got to say hes looked great the past 2 weeks and might just take that starting spot from Flo before flo leaves at the end of the season

10. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    yeah i cant even explain how thrilled i was when we picked him up in the supp draft

I, like you, really thought he was by far the best CB in college football this up coming year and really thought if he was in the draft last year he would of been right up there with Leon Hall and Darelle Revis and got in the top 20

Dude is a major player and will really give the starters a run for their money next year

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Could you imagine...a spring training cornerback battle we can honestly be excited about!