1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Crown them now: Patriots can't lose

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Thumper, Jan 14, 2008.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    The Giants got *** raped by the Cowboys in the regular season....twice

That didn't do the Boys any favors last night.

It's a brand new game, bud. Week 2 is in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This is going ot be a great week and we will leave it all out on the field. Our defense is going to have take it up yet another level. That said don't turn the ball over against us and we'll see if Brady can go 26/28 again.

Gonna be a fun week and an even funner football game.

Go Chargers!! :abq1:

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think you meant this: "remember last year, we beat you with reche and jabba as our two main WR :lol:"

Just saying, since we're in grammar correction mode.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    then why play the GAME ??

:icon_shrug::icon_shrug::icon_shrug:

EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    And if my aunt had a nutsack she'd be my uncle, what's your point?

Besides, you are blowing those two events off like as though the Chargers don't deserve any credit for causing them.

It's not as though Marvin just freely dropped the ball, he was hit by someone on the Chargers.

Weddle's one handed catch was about as marvelous as Cromartie's 3rd INT the last time the Colts lost to the Chargers.

6. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    HAHA....rivers if he plays will be on his *** just like he was in week 2.im not sayin the chargers are a poor team,what im sayin is they simply dont stand a chance of beaten a team that has already beat the **** out of them in week 2

they only way you could win this game is if someone shot-dead TB.

7. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks man,at least you chargers are good for something:lol:

8. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Great points,the colts should have won that's all im sayin,the pats wont make those mistakes..enjoy the colt win.

9. goalline

goalline BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Keep acting cocky and posting with poor spelling and grammar, we're all sure to believe you're a Patriots fan here to hate on us!

10. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    ******** alert.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    The Ravens "should have" beat the Patriots but that's not what happened any more than the Colts winning last night.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Week 2 is ancient history.

If the victor was determined by who won the previous regular season meeting they wouldn't even play the game.

Again, the Giants got *** raped by the Cowboys in the regular season twice. That didn't help the Cowboys any last night any more than the Patriots week 2 victory will help them against the Chargers next week.

13. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    The patriots came back form behind to beat the ravens.the colts pretty much beat themselves.

14. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Not at all,im just here to talk some football

Your more than welcome to come chat football over at http://www.patriotsplanet.net/

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    The Ravens beat themselves by calling a time out right before Brady threw what should have been a game ending incomplete pass on 4th down.

Then if that wasn't enough, they beat themselves again by committing PI in the endzone on another should-be-game-ending 4th down pass.

If the Colts "beat themselves" so did the Ravens.

I'm sure Rivers' 3 touchdown passes had absolutely nothing to do with San Diego beating Indy, right?

Nor did Billy Volek driving for the game winning TD, either?

You sound like a sore loser Colts fan. I thought Patriots fans were supposed to hate the Colts? :icon_huh:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Been there. It's a good site. Some good guys on that board.

17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    We don't ******** people over here anymore, we just ban them. It works better.

18. P4E*

P4E* Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    I just wanted another shot at the colts.

Colts/Patriots AFCG would have been awesome,o well,you get get everything you wish for.

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    All the so called "Experts" declared the Colts victory before the game was played. The chargers went to Indy and took on the Colts, the crowd noise and the refs.

Now all those "Experts" are backpeddeling.

Mariotti is a tool. He said the same thing prior to the Colts game.

20. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Point of order, Ravens called timeout on QB sneak by Brady which appeared to have been stopped short, but most players heard the whistle and stopped anyway.

21. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Brady said afterward that he heard the whistle, but if you watch the play, he sure doesn't look like he did. Why would he try so hard to get the first if he knew the ball was dead? just sayin'. :icon_shrug:

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Oh yeah, I forgot the play call, I just knew it didn't result in a first down.

Any rate, I really don't think the Ravens "beat themselves" all that much and the Patriots deserve credit for that victory despite some mitigating circumstances, I was simply throwing your fellow fan's same asinine logic back at him in a game he cared about.

23. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Take off the homer goggles. No one stopped on that play. Since only the head coach is allowed to call a timeout from the sideline, the line judge should not have stopped the play. It was a good break for the Pats. Just as the false start on the next play was.

To the Pats fan that says the Colts deserved to win, I say go fuc yourself. The Chargers beat the Colts and the officials yesterday. If anything, the Bolts should have won by more. The Chargers had a touchdown taken away by the officials, and they still beat the defending champs in their house.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    I mean, I can go on and on about how the Chargers "beat themselves" last year in the playoffs, but I'm sure I'd be met with some disagreement from P4E* if I were to do that.

25. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not the one that argued whether the Ravens beat themselves, or whether the Bolts beat themselves last year. I think in the end it doesn't matter, what matters is who won, isn't that why they keep score? Doesn't matter if the Pats beat themselves last year against Indy or if the refs screwed the Pats on a few calls or whatever. I think you have to play each play. One or two plays don't make the game, the whole game does.

The Pats haven't made huge mistakes this year that would constitute "beating themselves", which is why I like their chances against San Diego.

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    :icon_toast:

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I love the screen name :lol:

28. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,670
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/01/13/snap.judgments/index.html

You know who Sunday's biggest winner was, don't you? Somehow, without even playing a game, it was Bill Belichick's 17-0 Patriots who fared better than any one on the second day of the NFL's divisional-round playoffs.

It figures. It has been a magic carpet ride of a season in New England, and things just keep falling perfectly -- there's that word again -- in line for the history-making Patriots.

Not only did the No. 2-seeded Colts go down in flames at home to the underdog Chargers, eliminating the Patriots' most dangerous rival from the AFC playoff field, but suddenly resilient San Diego very likely expended itself in the process of both doing that favor for New England and reaching its first conference title game in 13 years.

San Diego entered the game with Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates hobbled by a dislocated big toe. He played, but he wasn't his usual factor, catching just two passes for 28 yards. And now the Chargers have exponentially more injuries woes to deal with as they head for Foxboro next weekend. Super-back LaDainian Tomlinson bruised his left knee and left the game in the second quarter. Quarterback Philip Rivers did the same after three quarters, injuring his right knee on his third touchdown pass of the day.

Something tells me that if No. 3-seeded San Diego needs to rely on the likes of backup quarterback Billy Volek and reserve running back Michael Turner -- as good as he is -- the Patriots have just received the last good break they need to ensure they represent the AFC in Super Bowl XLII. And that's with much respect for the remarkable effort that San Diego put forth in dethroning the defending Super Bowl champions.

All season long I've thought the Colts were the one team capable of going into Gillette Stadium in January and trading big-play punches with the high-flying Patriots. But I guess we'll never know now. Indy couldn't even handle the injury-decimated Chargers on Sunday in the final game ever played at the RCA Dome. So much for the Colts team that many of us pundits thought had been unwisely overlooked amidst this season's Patriots-mania.

Can the upstart Chargers possibly give New England a game? Will it be a repeat of New England's 38-14 Week 2 dismantling of San Diego, or something closer to last January's thrilling 24-21 Patriots upset of the Chargers in the divisional round?

Logic says the Chargers can't win if L.T., Rivers and Gates aren't quick healers this week. But then again, San Diego had no business getting through the Colts without the health of their biggest stars. It was an impressive display of resiliency by San Diego, but it's going to take another four quarters of that, and much more, to knock the Patriots off their pedestal.

Then again, we've been wrong before.

*******S!!! EMBRACE THE HATE!

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Neither Rivers nor LT were immobilized on the sidelines with what was supposed to be knee injuries.

Call me dumb, but I don't think they're injured all that badley and I expect both to start next week.

30. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Mariotti can blow me.