1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It is the morning before the divisional playoff game in Indianapolis. Many things run through my mind on quiet mornings such as this. I feel a tension, like someone over tuning a guitar string slowly. The tension is slowly growing, almost to a hum as the tuning key is turned round and round ever so slowly.

I see the defense in a circle. The Question is asked, almost in a Shakespearian manner. “DEFENSE, HOW DO YOU FEEL!?” This on a morning like this is almost akin to Anthony in Julius Cesar yelling “CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!” For that is the call, just as Anthony called for battle in the play after Cesar was cut down in the senate house, so is Merriman calling for battle when he asks that simple question. “DEFENSE, HOW DO YOU FEEL!?

Some will tell you it is grand standing, some will tell you it is just for the cameras. But we, we few, we happy few, we band of Bolt Brothers know it to be something different. It is a rally cry, nay it is a contract. A binding contract, which the defense has been fulfilling game in and game out for two years.

What is the response you ask, what is the cry that the happy men of the Chargers defense return with, once the question is asked? Once the gauntlet is dropped how do the men of the Chargers defense respond? To a man, starter and fill in alike respond with one voice, as a band of warriors with one vision. “LEAN! MEAN! AGILE! MOSTLY HOSTILE! HIGHLY MOTIVATED HIGHLY MOTIVATED HIGHLY MOTIVATEDAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Let those in Indianapolis ignore such cries of battle. Let them feel that they are safe within the walls of their domed fortress. Let them think themselves unassailable as their king Manning prepares for battle.

But know this sons and daughters of the Colts. You have now awakened the lord of thunder; the heralds of the storm; the brothers of lightning. Battle shall find you, and though mighty your forces may be, they will not understand the contract that was made, when the defense was asked how they feel. For they shall not quit, to a man the cry shall be “Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the gaps up with our pad and flesh. In peace there's nothing so becomes a man As modest stillness and humility: But when the blast of war blows in our ears, Then imitate the action of the tiger; Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, Disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage.

I sit in stillness, seeing the storm coming. I cherish it, I relish the moment when the Brothers of lightning CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    BRING IT ON BABY, BRING IT ON!!!

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
    Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
    Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
    Cry 'GOD for BOLTS, THE FANS and SAN DIEGO, !!!!!'

:flag::flag::flag:

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

4. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    "We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight on DEFENSE, we shall fight on SPECIAL TEAMS, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength on OFFENSE; we shall defend our END ZONE, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on their one-yard line, we shall fight on our one-yard line, we shall fight on every down, we shall fight no matter what the score; WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the San Diego Chargers go on to win many Superbowls after, men will still say, 'THIS WAS THEIR FINEST HOUR.'"

:bolt:

5. utahcharger

utahcharger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    That was one of the most articulate and well written pieces of literature I have ever read. After 45 years may victory lay upon us. Great piece of work, Concudan. GO BOLTS!!! :tup:

6. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I honestly believe this defense was primarily assembled with defeating Manning and the Colts in mind. It has been tweaked, reassembled, retrained and is just a couple of players away from being as complete a defense and you can get. We still need them dogs - TURN 'EM LOOSE!

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    [​IMG]

A lean, mean, puppy biting machine !!!

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Not something that inspires fear my friend... :lol:

There you go, shooting the whole machismo feel of the tread...:icon_evil:

9. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Do you want me to go take a picture of my bull?

10. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    [​IMG]

I don't like Midwest Ponies ....

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I'm not sure whats scarier

those eyes or those onions!!!

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

12. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Oh my, what pretty blue eyes :icon_tease:

13. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Texas, the land where even big dogs grow horns?

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408

Gore the Colts!!! :abq2:

15. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    HEY! Leave Al Gore out of this that's political and...oh wait...wrong 'gore'. :icon_tease: