1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cu*tler Disses Donkey Fans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Aug 7, 2009.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    LINK

Jay Cutler Disses Denver Fans

Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton both are beginning to understand the fans of their new teams are passionate about football -- but for very different reasons.

Cutler, whom the Denver Broncos traded to the Chicago Bears for Orton after his messy divorce with new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, told The Waddle and Silvy Show on ESPN 1000 in Chicago on Tuesday that Bears fans are more passionate about their team than Broncos fans are about theirs.

Jay Cutler discusses his first Bears camp, the Urlacher-Cutler drama and compares Bears and Broncos fans.

On the show, Cutler was asked about the 20,000 fans who showed up at Bears training camp in Bourbonnais, Ill., during the weekend.

"In Denver, we didn't have this many fans at all," he said. "We weren't even able to accommodate that many fans [at practice]. That's Chicago Bears fans for you. They're proud of their Bears.

"It's a lot [different]. Denver's like a 6 and Chicago's like a 9," Cutler said during the interview. "It's quite a bit different. Just the fans and how passionate they are, that's probably the biggest difference."

But Thursday night, a crowd of 13,402 Broncos fans turned out at Invesco Field in Denver to get their first glimpse of Orton. They showed their passion for the game in another way -- by booing him when he threw two interceptions and several bad passes during a structured scrimmage.

"Fans can cheer. They can boo," Orton said. "We've got good fans, and they're passionate about their football, that's for sure."

“It's a lot [different]. Denver's like a 6 and Chicago's like a 9. ... Just the fans and how passionate they are, that's probably the biggest difference.
    ” -- Jay Cutler

At least Orton wasn't the sole target. The crowd also booed punter Brett Kern for a pair of poor punts and let kicker Matt Prater have it for missing consecutive 43-yard field goal attempts at the end of the scrimmage, one to the right and one way left.

McDaniels was disappointed in a lot of things about the scrimmage, but certainly not the fans' reactions.

"It's the National Football League and that's what people do, and they'll cheer you when you should be cheered and boo you when you should be booed," McDaniels said. "Hey, I've been around for a while. I understand that that's going to happen and it doesn't surprise me and it doesn't disappoint me."

Orton and Cutler will both have a chance to compare notes on the passion of Broncos fans when the Bears visit Denver for a preseason game on Aug. 30. Given the way Cutler left Denver, the treatment Orton received on Thursday might pale in comparison to what's awaiting Cutler.

"Denver, am I looking forward to it? No. Just the whole hoopla that's going to come along with it," Cutler said on The Waddle and Silvy Show. "I'm excited to go back and see some of the guys there. I've got some really good friends back there, and get back to Denver and see if my house is still standing. Other than that, that's about all I'm excited about Denver."

• Like Like x 1
  2. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I'd be worried if my house was still standing after those stupid comments he made.

I wonder what Denver fans are saying about their ex-god now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    More proof that he just doesn't get it. He could have taken the high road and said how great the Bears fans are, and how great the fans were in Denver. Instead, for no reason at all, other than to be a dick, he takes a swipe at Broncos fans. And what does he gain from such a thing? Nothing. What a complete douchebag!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Sounds like a good idea to post some comments from the Donkey boards...

Bueler?

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,419
    More reason to like Jay Cutler. :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43917

:lol:

I have a feeling Denver will give Cutler the warm welcome we gave Eli a few years back - Good for them! I'm not a donkey sympathizer but I definitely hate that tool Cutler and will look forward to the donkey fan payback :yes:

7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    What an *******

8. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
  9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    This quote will sum up Cutler's entire career.

What a little ****ing *****. I mean seriously... can this person really have any sack to speak of? Has he no competitive interest in beating the team he wanted away from? How about looking forward to playing in any competitive game of football?

P - U - S - S - Y

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :icon_rofl:

Sometimes all I can do is stand in awe of the stupidity of some people.

I give him until Mid Season and the Bears fans turn on him, if they haven't started to already.

Like Savage alluded to, here was a PERFECT opportunity laid before him, on a tee just begging to be crushed 300 yards down the fairway, for Jay to politely excuse himself from Denver and say a nice thing and thank the fans for his time in Den, but the guy is such a smug bastard, that he simply CANNOT DO IT.

Watching him eat **** this season and the rest of his career is gonna be so much fun. I can safely say, he is without a doubt the player I hate the most in the NFL. Yes, worse than Eli or any Patriot you can name.

11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Great post RTL, well said!

But as for hating the Patriots. Cutler is tied with Brewski and Hobbs. I will NEVER forget their classless celebrations in 2006! 2nd place goes to Lendale "Weight" for his dissing of LT, Merriman and Cro in one stupid TD dance when we came back and beat their azzes 2 years ago in Tenn. Jughead and Archie I STILL despise!!!

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :yes::yes::yes:

What he said!!!

although Eli, He who's name will never be spoken, AND Jay Jay are held in equally high disdain from me

:icon_evil:

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Well, although I didn't like the celebrations (because we lost/got scored on), I am a lifetime subscriber to the "If you don't want them to celebrate, keep 'em outta the endzone" school of thought.

14. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Once a dikhead always a dikhead.

15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Word!

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He is what he eats. :lol:

17. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Buck Melanoma again

18. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :yes:

19. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    So do I

20. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I wouldn't be surprised if he come down with some mystery injury that keeps him out of the game, or causes him to miss the fight entirely.

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I don't have enough respect for Cutler to generate hate-just contempt. He's already been quoted saying some derogatory things about Chicago and wanting out.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    Lest you forget? Donkey fans were spewing the same crap Cutler was about Rivers that lead us to hate Cutler so much in the first place. At the time Cutler was their role model hero and they parroted everything he said.

Sure, they've turned on him now now that he's moved on to Chicago and is trash talking their city, but they were just as much on the "Rivers is a trash talking *****" bandwagon as Cutler was.

I have no sympathy for the tables being turned on them.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Bingo. Phuc those Mile High fools. :lol:

24. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Yeah....it takes a real gift to throw your own career under the bus and alienate the entire fanbase of an NFL team...but Cu*tler has managed to do it at near Ryan Leaf speed. This immature idiot is his own worst enemy and when the Bears faithful have had enough of his tantrums, ignorant quotes and choke jobs on the field it is going to get ugly in the windy city...get your popcorn ready! This tool is going to be brought down hard, both on and off the field.

What a complete ****ing tool!
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    Jay Cutler hardly compares to Ryan Leaf.

For one, Cutler is actually a good quarterback.

Secondly, he didn't alienate the Denver fanbase until AFTER he left Denver. Leaf started alienating us from day 1.

Even when the whole thing started and he started *****ing about them almost trading for Cassel at least half, probably more than half, of the Donkey fans I talked to were on Jay's side of the argument cursing about Josh McDaniel's wanting to make the trade.

It wasn't until he kept insisting on a trade and then finally got his wish that he fully alienated himself from the Donkey fans.

26. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Like I said - not a sympathizer - I will just enjoy seeing them give it to him when he goes back for the preseason game. He's earned it :popcorn:

Donkey fans and their team can still KMA :icon_twisted:

27. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    He already wants out of Chicago?!!

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,419
    I'd like to see a link to that.

29. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    He's made some comments that he's not happy with the offense, comments that were overheard by other people, including some reporters. I forget the the reference to it but he was unhappy with the receivers at the time-he seemed to think his stats would suffer. He appears to have wised up and shut his yap about it. It was right after the trade. Apparently Chicago wasn't high on his list of druthers.