1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Culpepper Signs With Raiders

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    "When I became a free agent I created and ranked eight criteria that I used to evaluate potential teams that were interested in my services,'' Culpepper said. "Based on my criteria, the Oakland Raiders are the best fit.''

I can't imagine what those criteria would be that the Raiders are the best fit. I guess it was something like this:

1. Team must have a realistic chance to win four or five games.
    2. Team must have a highly touted rookie QB coming in to take my place after a few games.
    3. Team must be in rebuilding mode with a new coach and system.
    4. Team must have a meddling senile owner.
    5. Team must no chance at making the playoffs.
    6. Team must have a bad offensive line switching to a new scheme.
    7. Team must have one of the worst offenses in the league last season
    8. Team must pay me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KNSD

KNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Fixed better.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    But most of the brianiacs over on the Raider board think this is an excellent signing.

Of course there are a few Raider fans that disagree.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :lol:

They sound like we did a few years ago. Every new guy was going to put us in the playoffs.

I hope our guys take his fucing head off. :bolt:

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'll bet McCown is starting game 1. It'll be months before they get Russell in the fold. Maybe he'll be signed by Mid-september, but that'll mean he doesn't even see the field until November. They're gonna run 4 QBs on that roster. Never can have enough mediocre players when you're gunnin' for the basement.

Been there, done that. Not fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">We have some real smart guys in the front office. Real high IQers. I can't even phantom the words to describe how I feel about some of this buffoonary that has happened within the last 48 hours. Im going to get a Nations burger. Smoke some wacky tobaccy. Light some incents. And listen to Sade. Im done. If I post how I really feel I will be banned. Go Raiders. Please Win Baby. Im out. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Comic gold. I think he actually gets it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

He may get it, but he still can't spell or write it. I can't phantom it!:icon_rofl:

9. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    He's gonna light some "incents," whatever those are.

10. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    most of what's left of faider nation up here didn't even really notice. The guys at work just looked up and were like "We did what with who now???" Then they sighed a little bit, shook their heads and put it out of their minds.

11. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Its just another roll of the dice for the raiders. One I'd prefer they didn't have. If Russell, McCown or Culpepper can be decent I can see where the raiders would start threatening the .500 mark again in the next year or two. Their talent level isn't as bad as the coaching made it look the last few years. I'll take their players over the kc players as a group. Art Shell and the stone-age OC was their biggest problem last year.

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Perhaps he was referring to their phantom offense of '06? :icon_shrug:

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    That 25 step drop pass action was hysterical.:lol: I forgot about that cordinator. Looked like he wasn't sleeping very well. Didn't he get fired or quit before the end of the season???

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    You're just talking about 2006, right? :icon_shrug:

Because we've already established that Art Shell's predecessor had no chance to succeed, due to lack of talent.

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Sweet Jesus, but those two Raider games are going to be a blast. I'll have to buy better bubbly than usual because I know in advance it ain't gonna' go to waste. No more Pride and Poise Boys-it's the Lavender Hill Gang.

16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Gee, and all along I thought it was because they were competing with Houston to have the worst freaking O-Line in football.... go figure.

17. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

Of course your OL is going to look horrible when the OC sticks with 7 step drops on every pass play and wants them to hold blocks for 4seconds. A good OC will mask SOME of those problems. I know, not all, but they are getting a scheme more fitting their talent and may not be asked to do as much. IF they get a QB with a clue, they will be improved. The defense with Ryan is already looking much better. Their talent is a lot better than KC's overall right now. A coach might get something out of that.

18. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Already? Rob Ryan is in his fourth year as the Raiders defensive coordinator.... I agree though, they did look a lot better on defense last year.

I give them one more year as AFC West doormats before the Chiefs replace them while they rebuild. (Oh that one is gonna hurt - but its my opinion right now).

19. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Their rebuilding process is going to be tough with the kind of decisions they make in contract negotiations and playing high, wide and handsome with the cap. Where is the room to sign the vets they need to retain going to come from so they can maintain some kind of continuity?

20. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    chefs are last place in the AFC West THIS year in my book.

21. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    This due to playing the Bolts twice a year, knowing they will probably loose one QB per game, leaving two QB's at the end of the season. Just a theory.......

:abq2:

22. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Until they finally have a fire sale and start ditching some of their overpaid non producing old guys and admit they are REBUILDING, they're gonna keep getting their teeth kicked in year in and year out. Fine by me.

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We need at LEAST a decade of sweeping these Pieces of **** just to get back to .500

When I read BoltDiehard hating the Broncos worse than the Raiders, I want to swift kick him in his nutz. :beat:

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    C'mon How can you not hate the Broncos more? Yeah the Raiders suck, but they suck sooo hard ya can almost feel sorry for them, bfore you say "What am I thinking! This is the fuggin Raiders!"

But the Broncos are still a team that can challenge us, so yeah, I hate them more right now. Because they have some semblance of competence, and they are fuggin cheaters who try and injur our linemen because they cant beat them.:tdown:

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    This is where you and him are wrong.

Flat out wrong !!!!!

If you have been watching this team as long as me or anyone going back to Sid Gilman, you would know that the Raiders will ALWAYS BE ARCH ENEMY NUMBER ONE.

When they dominated us (past tense goddammit), they rubbed it in and I will never forget it so FU and "F" all those who think just because of recent history **** should change or I (we) should accomodate that line of thought, no effing way.

They can all kiss my ***. :yes:

No EFFING WAY.

26. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    NEVER FEEL SORRY FOR THE RAIDERS! NEVER!!!!

You think they ever felt sorry for us when we were down and out? HELL FUKIN' NOES THEY DIDN'T! They laughed in our faces. Payback is a bizitch.

Progression of hate
    Raiders>Broncos>Chiefs>Pats>AFC>LEAGUE

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah, I would like some competition but PAYBACK...rub that mother fuggggger in with salt and alcohol and a lot of hip thrust ....

The Raiders will get pain from my crib and I will like it. I will like it long time GI.

28. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    It is just not right for an individual to tell another individual which team he should dislike the most.

29. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I'm sorry man, but the Raiders will always be our #1 arch nemesis. They have been sine Al Davis left to go and coach up there ..

I agree that the Broncos are probably our biggest challenge in our division this year, but they never get me going like the Raiders.

I wonder if Norv is going to continue Raider Week ??

30. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I agree! If I move to colorado maybe I'll hate the doncos more, but as long as I'm up here in LA in the G-Damn faiders I hate most!:icon_twisted: :icon_toast: