1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Current draft order 12-18-12

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LT-Express, Dec 18, 2012.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    Just to keep you guys up to date on draft order. I know most of you already know where we are, but thought I would post it week to week down the stretch. I apologize if there are grammar errors, i sent this from my phone.

1) Kansas City - 2-12 .469 SOS
    2) Jacksonville - 2-12 .541 SOS
    3) Oakland - 4-10 .505 SOS
    4) Philadelphia - 4-10 .469 SOS
    5) Detroit - 4 -10 .546 SOS
    6) San Diego - 5-9 .474 SOS
    7) Cleveland - 5-9 .480 SOS
    8) Buffalo - 5-9 .500 SOS
    9) Tennessee - 5-9 .526 SOS
    10) Carolina - 5-9 .543 SOS
    11) Arizona - 5-9 .543 SOS
    12) Tampa Bay 6-8 .469 SOS
    13) Miami - 6-8 .500 SOS
    14) NY Jets - 6-8 .526 SOS
    15) N.O Saints - 6-8 .528 SOS
    16) St Louis - 6-7-1 .536 SOS
    17) Pittsburgh - 7-7 .469 SOS
    18) Dallas - 8-6 .515 SOS
    19) Ny Giants - 8-6 .536 SOS
    20) Chicago - 8-6 .546 SOS
    21) Cincinnati - 8-6 .429 SOS
    22) Minnesota - 8-6 .485 SOS
    23) St Louis (Via Wash) 8-6 .536 SOS
    24) Seattle - 9-5 .495 SOS
    25) Indianapolis - 9-5 .449 SOS
    26) Baltimore - 9-5 .490 SOS
    27) Green Bay 10-4 .510 SOS
    28) New England - 10-4 .536 SOS
    29) San Francisco - 10-3-1 .500 SOS
    30) Denver - 11-3 .485 SOS
    31) Houston 12-2 .469 SOS
    32) Atlanta - 12-2 .423 SOS

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I'll take 6 but, with nothing else to cheer for this season lets hope we may get into the top 5. Not so much for the 1st round but for the 2nd-7th that can be very useful for trades and chance to get talent that slipped from the prior rounds

3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,780
    I suppose I don't understand the SOS tiebreaker.

You got Oakland ahead of Philly...Oakland has had the tougher schedule.
    You got Chicago ahead of Cinci....Chicago has the tougher schedule.
    Yet you have 20+ other occasions where the team with the weaker schedule is ahead of the team with the tougher schedule....which I think is correct.

:confused:

4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Cinci is currently a playoff team. You're right about Oakland though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    Ya sry. Like I said trying to do this from my phone like a text was more challenging than I thought. I must have just put them in the wrong order. I will fix later when I get home from work.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,780
    Yeah I'm not to excited about having Detroit and Philly ahead of us at the moment, both could go OT - OT and Joeckel and Lewan could be off the board in a snap...and then we're left reaching a little for Eric Fisher, who I like a lot, but am not as comfortable with.

The situation gets worse if Arizona (5-9) gets ahead of us. No guarantees of course, they could go QB if they don't go after someone in FA, but OT's are prime real estate and they are as homeless as old uncle Willie.

7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Well we played out of the top 10.. and if we beat Oakland, which looks likely, we'll be somewhere in the 12-16 range.. well this season just got worse and worse..

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,780
    We can't even lose properly. Any leverage we may have had with a top 5 pick is now gone, now we're just praying Lewan falls to us (which I think is less than 5% that he falls out of the top 10).

9. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Lewan would of been perfect for us, we HAVE to trade up for him now. He has that Dielman attitude, and I really think if Johnnie Troutman can stay healthy he will be a SOLID LG, and you could possibly fix your entire left side of your line with one pick and 2 players returning from injury in Dombrowski and Troutman.

10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,780
    Face it bud we got too many other issues to go trading away picks to get Lewan. We'll settle for Fisher, or reach tremendously for Jake Matthews and pray he can play LT.

This last win was not good for the big picture, and after we beat the Turdz this week we'll be lucky to be in the top 15.

11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    We won't move out of the Top 15 with a win, NO has a SoS that's just too high to come down enough to meet our absurdly low SoS. Our range with a W is basically 10-15. Our range with an L is 6-10.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MrNafta

MrNafta BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I still think we are in a good position for get Lewan when we beat Oakland. This might not be a strong QB class, but that is the same thing people said last season. QB's will come off the board, QB's will come off early, and QB's will get taken ahead of our pick. For every QB taken another stud drops further to us. Got to remember there is much less risk of taking a QB early in the first now with the rookie wage cap, there is not the risk of a 50 million dollar bust like there was before. Other than Vick the QB FA market is as soft as Norv's locker room speeches. Matt Flynn? Sanchez? Tebow? Alex Smith? Not every team is going to risk waiting till the 2nd round to take a QB, if there is a guy they like they will be drafted in the first. QB is the primer position in the NFL, Geno Smith/Tyler Wilson/Mike Glennon/and Matt Barkley could all come off the board before we pick. Chiefs need a QB, Jags need a QB, Bills need a QB, Cardinals need a QB, even the Jets need a QB. It only takes 1-2 QB's coming off early to get other teams biting or trading up.

13. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    WHAT?

14. MrNafta

MrNafta BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    How many thought Tannehill was worth the no. 8th overall pick. Or that Weeden would go in the 1st. Or Tebow going in the first. When Lockers/Gabbert/and Ponder can all come off top 12, then you never know how teams will grade QB's. QB ranking will jump around a lot between now and draft day. Before even guys like Kiper had Geno Smith, Barkley, Logan Thomas ahead of Glennon, now Kiper is saying Glennon could be the first QB to come off the board.

Now I assume you are confused by me saying people said last season wasn't a strong QB class. I meant that aside from Luck an RG3 people said there was a huge drop off. However, you have Tannehill, Wilson, Weeden, Foles, Cousins, all starting games this season. There are plenty of teams right now wondering if they should of popped on a QB like Russel earlier in the draft, and how they could let him slip by, same could be said for Foles and Cousins. Rookie QB's have come in and been extremely productive, and that can lead teams to reach on them in upcoming drafts. Would anyone doubt right now Dalton should of had a 1st round grade on him. Dalton and Green have turned that entire franchise around. If we do pick at 15, there could be 2-3 QB's off the board at that time.

15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    It was widely accepted that there was a large dropoff between Luck and RGIII, but no one was saying it was a weak class.

There will be 1 QB off the board for certain before 13. You were suggesting that up to four QBs could be off the board, which is absurd.

16. MrNafta

MrNafta BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Wait till we see what Juniors declare. Watch come QB's go from 2-3rd round grades to 1st round grades in the next 4 months. You could be right about 1 QB coming off, but we'll see.