1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cut to 75....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Aug 27, 2012.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    http://www.chargers.com/news/articl...er-to-75/6fb90d4a-d8a5-48ef-9a9c-8a4102abf070

The San Diego Chargers today announced a bevy of moves as they trimmed their way down to the NFL required 75-man roster.
    The most experienced player released was wide receiver and kick returner Roscoe Parrish[​IMG]. The eight-year vet signed a one-year deal with the Chargers in April after spending the beginning of his career in Buffalo.
    San Diego also waived eight players, including wide receivers Jason Barnes[​IMG], Taylor Embree[​IMG] and Phillip Payne[​IMG], defensive tackle Eddie Brown[​IMG], long snapper Nick Guess[​IMG], running back Michael Hayes[​IMG], tight end Brad Taylor[​IMG] and offensive tackle Phil Trautwein[​IMG].
    Finally, the Chargers reached injury settlements with defensive tackle Garrett Brown[​IMG], who was waived, and offensive tackle Michael Toudouze[​IMG], who was terminated. The team also placed guard Johnnie Troutman[​IMG], the team’s fifth-round draft choice, on the “Reserve-Non-Football Injury” list and fellow guard Brandyn Dombrowski[​IMG] on the “Reserve-Non-Football Illness” list.
    Thursday night the Chargers conclude their preseason play in San Francisco against the 49ers. Final moves to get down to the 53-man roster will be made by 9pm EST on Friday, August 31st.

Seems right on so far. No surprises here. No idea what Reserve-Non-Football Illness is though, never saw that one before. Thought Dombo was injured.

2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I hope Embree can make it to the PS.

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Roscoe Parrish highlights list of Chargers cuts

Posted by Josh Alper on August 27, 2012, 3:56 PM EDT

AP
    As Florio reported earlier on Monday, the Chargers have decided to move on without wide receiver Roscoe Parrish.

The Chargers have released the full list of roster moves they made to get down to 75 players and Parrish is the biggest name involved. The team placed guard Johnnie Troutman, a fifth-round pick this year, on the reserve/non-football injury list because of a torn pectoral muscle he suffered just before the draft. Offensive lineman Brandyn Dombrowski will go on the reserve/non-football illness list thanks to a cyst on his foot that has kept him from passing his physical.

The Chargers also waived wide receivers Jason Barnes, Taylor Embree andPhillip Payne, defensive tackle Eddie Brown, long snapper Nick Guess, running back Michael Hayes, tight end Brad Taylor and offensive tackle Phil Trautwein.

They also reached injury settlements with defensive tackle Garrett Brown and offensive tackle Michael Toudouze.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    They might choose to make Willie the UDFA on the PS; I'm almost wondering if they're now keeping Goodman just to make the next cut easier. No one really surprising except maybe for Hayes, thought he might've made it to the next cut but who knows.

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Only one that surprised me was Embree. Guy looked good to me game 1, but obviously he didn't impress much after that. Thought they'd cut Scafe, Bryant, or Sperry instead, but I guess they want to used those guys as relief in the 2nd half Thursday night.

They're on it over at chargers.com. Updated the depth chart already to reflect cuts:
    http://www.chargers.com/team/depth-chart.html

6. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Troutmen, Trautwein and Toudouze - Too bad these three O Linemen won't be in a Charger uniform this season... just to hear Hank mess up their names.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    i am sure all these players impressed, They are not here because of that they are not here due to roster creativity by all teams. I'd like to see an NFL Tuesday/Wednesday night league with PS players. (I know, teams will need to add more players to make it happen). To much talent gets thrown out that never had a chance to develop or get recognized.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I am surprised that they didn't release one of the kickers. So much for letting them get on another roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +449
    Still 2 kickers and two punters on the roster :rolleyes:

Should have cut Katie before Embree..........................

10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    They kept those guys on so Scifres and your girlfriend wouldn't have to play every snap this Thursday ;)

11. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +449
    I think its too cold in SF for Katie to go outside! :eek:

12. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    football 5 nights a week = heaven

as unlikely as it might be to happen I'd be so on board if it did. c'mon roge, it's another opportunity to milk your customers dry! #makeithappen

• Like Like x 1
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My wife likes football a lot but 5 nights/week might be a divorceable offense. :confused:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    There's an attorney for that :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1