1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CUTLER’S HOUSE FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Mar 13, 2009.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    CUTLER’S HOUSE FOR SALE
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2009, 5:28 p.m.
    There’s been a dispute regarding whether Monday’s call between Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and quarterback Jay Cutler made a tenuous situation better or worse.

Our money was on “worse.”

And we’re preparing to double our bet.

Cutler’s house is reportedly for sale, according to ABC7 in Denver.

The $2 million home went on the market Thursday. And while it would be easy to say that it’s all a coincidence, we think that the surrounding circumstances make this something other than a coincidence.

We’re not surprised. Not a bit. The mere fact that the McDaniels-Cutler meeting occurred through a phone line told us all we need to know.

Put simply, neither party feels sufficiently compelled to salvage the relationship to meet in person, break bread, and hash out their differences.

So Cutler continues to force the issue. And unless the Broncos can obtain in return for Cutler’s contract a quarterback who can play nearly as well as Cutler, McDaniels could end up on the Cam Cameron head-coaching career path.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

• Like Like x 1
  2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Wow, cutler as Rivers backup. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  3. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    pssh screw that, trade Whitehurst and have Cutler holding the clipboard! :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    As much as I would love to believe it... PFT doesn't have a glowing record.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I'm trying to decide which would be better, a disgruntle Cutler playing in Denver or the donks trading him for way below market value :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Zero-sum.

It's all good brotha :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    If Cutler ends up here i want him tied to the tackling dummy used by merriman and jamal

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    PFT is the TMZ of the NFL. I'm surprised they don't have a Cun_tler Lindsay Lohan style beaver shot on their front page.

9. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    CUTLER ISN’T SELLING “PRIMARY RESIDENCE”
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2009, 7:41 p.m.
    CBS4 in Denver reports that the $2 million house that Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler placed on the market Thursday isn’t his “primary residence.”

Cutler reportedly has been thinking about selling the property for six months.

Fine, but it’s damn convenient that Cutler would put the place on the market three days after a conference call with coach Josh McDaniels that reportedly made a bad situation even worse.

Even if Cutler already had planned to sell, the fact that he proceeded with so much controversy swirling between him and the team tells us that he wants to foster the sense that the two sides are headed for a divorce. Clearly, if he cared about creating the impression that things will work out between player and team, he would have waited a month or so before planting a “For Sale” sign in the front yard.

pft.com

10. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Denverpost.com
    Friday, March 13, 2009

On the move? Cutler puts his house up for sale
    By The Denver Post
    Posted: 03/13/2009 02:52:51 PM MDT
    Updated: 03/13/2009 05:09:58 PM MDT

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11906852

11. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Cutler's selling his place to finance the purchase of majority interest in a local trailer park. :yes:

12. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  13. superseau

superseau superseau

Ratings:
    +0
    it is so hard to not see teh broncos without this fish-i want to hate the broncos eternily-foreva like the fadders. :bolt:

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +684
    We need a damn popcorn smiley. This is turning out to be quite an entertaining off season.

TO time bomb in Buffalo.

Cutler v McDaniels meltdown in Denver.

Never knowing what Al will do next.

• Like Like x 2
  15. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    QFT on all points!

16. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Nice Work!:lol:

18. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    STAKES GET HIGHER IN CUTLER-BRONCOS FEUD
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 9:13 p.m.
    When news broke that Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is selling his Denver-area home, the “nothing to see here” crowd was quick to point out that Cutler owns other property in Denver, and that he has been wanting to sell the house in question for a while.

We wonder what they’ll be saying now that the house in which Cutler’s parents live is up for sale, too?

According to NBC 9 in Denver, the 4,100-square foot home has landed on the market, for a mere $835,000.

Even if Cutler’s decision to sell his own house was a coincidence, Cutler can’t blame cluelessness on this latest development.

Clearly, he wants out of Denver. And, clearly, he and his family are moving forward as if he’s going to get his way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I want Cutler to stay with the Doncos!
    I want the Donks to continue to regress!

20. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    CUTLER, BRONCOS FEUD ESCALATES, AGAIN
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2009, 12:14 p.m.
    The good news for the Denver Broncos is that quarterback Jay Cutler and coach Josh McDaniels finally have met on a face-to-face basis.

The bad news is that the situation continues to be, well, not good.

According to both CBS4 in Denver and the Denver Post, serious problems remain.

Mike Klis of the Post reports that the meeting ended without reconciliation. CBS4 reports that Cutler and the Broncos remain “at odds.”

“There was a brief meeting Saturday morning and we agreed to regroup and continue to have conversations,” a Broncos spokesman told Klis earlier today.

So how bad is it?

Klis reports that Cutler is now not expected to attend Monday’s team meeting to kick off the first offseason strength and conditioning program of McDaniels’ head-coaching career.

CBS4 reports that Cutler opted after yesterday’s meeting not to attend a Saturday night roast of Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos, even though Cutler previously was due to appear.

It’s still unclear how this rift arose. Cutler painted himself as the victim after word broke 15 days ago that the team had tried to trade him. But Peter King of SI.com reported two days later that Cutler had requested a trade after former Broncos quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates left for a job at USC.
    pft.com

• Like Like x 1
  21. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Wow, what a train wreck this is starting to look like:lol:

22. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    This is fun. [​IMG]

23. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    What is better then watching the Orange Team having problems left, right, up and down....?

This is a blast watching the melt down in Donkey town!

Broncos | Owner unhappy with Cutler
    Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:27:01 -0700

Mike Klis, of The Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said he fully supports head coach Josh McDaniels in his feud with QB Jay Cutler and is disappointed with how Cutler has handled the situation. Bowlen said the Broncos may lose Cutler. "I'm very disappointed. I'm disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback," Bowlen said.

I hope he doesn't show up tomorrow and ends up in the RL#16 Football ******* because he has the physical potential that could be a pain in the Bolts *** if he squares his head away.

Yesterday I read this...

Broncos | Cutler expected to attend meeting Monday
    Sat, 14 Mar 2009 07:00:58 -0700

Mike Klis, of The Denver Post, reports a source close to Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler said Cutler is expected to attend head coach Josh McDaniels' first team meeting Monday, March 16, and that Cutler has considered selling his 7,516-square-foot home for more than a year. Thus Cutler putting his home for sale may not necessarily mean a potential trade is in the works.

Then today I read...

Broncos | Cutler vs. McDaniels turning into full-blown feud?
    Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:53:56 -0700

Mike Klis, of The Denver Post, reports the ongoing saga between Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler and head coach Josh McDaniels seems to be turning into a full-fledged feud. The two sides reportedly exchanged words yet again Saturday, March 14. According to the Broncos, no ultimatums were given and the meeting was described as cordial. Cutler apparently did not like what he heard in the meeting. According to a source, it is now doubtful he will attend the team's first offseason meeting Monday, March 16. Currently, the Broncos are not entertaining the idea of trading him.

:abq1::abq1::abq1: :icon_tease::icon_banana::icon_tease: :abq1::abq1::abq1:

24. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    REPORT: CUTLER, MCDANIELS “EXCHANGED WORDS”
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2009, 5:46 p.m.
    The soap opera in Denver continues.

Updating his story from earlier in the day, Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and coach Josh McDaniels “exchanged words” during Saturday’s meeting.

It’s not a promising development, given that it’s the first time they’d ever met as coworkers.

We’ll be taking a comprehensive look at the burgeoning Mile High mess in our Monday SportingNews.com item.
    pft.com

25. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    REPORT: CUTLER ISN’T GOING TO SHOW UP MONDAY
    Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 15, 2009, 7:47 p.m.
    Unhappy Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, who’s feuding with team officials, doesn’t plan to report for a voluntary workout scheduled for Monday, according to Vic Lombardi of CBS4 in Denver.

So, the standoff continues.

Per the report, tight end Tony Scheffler also plans to skip the workout session.

Both Cutler and Scheffler are represented by agent James “Bus” Cook, according to NFL Players Association records.

As for Cutler putting his house up for sale, Lombardi reports that the timing of the sale is coincidental and not tied to the quarterback’s displeasure at being involved in trade discussions.

Apparently, Cutler’s plan to sell the house had been in motion for several months.

26. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    BOWLEN: “WE MIGHT LOSE OUR STAR QUARTERBACK”
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2009, 8:51 p.m.
    Broncos owner Pat Bowlen publicly addressed on Sunday the ongoing feud between the team and quarterback Jay Cutler.

And Bowlen recognized that which anyone not in denial about the situation already realized — a divorce could be coming.

“I’m very disappointed,” Bowlen said. “I’m disappointed in the whole picture, not just disappointed that we might lose our star quarterback.”

Cutler is under contract for three more seasons. So if the Broncos choose to take a hard line, Cutler has no real options.

Meanwhile, Taco Bill suggests a new approach for dealing with Cutler.

27. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Go ahead Denver, cut his *** and we will STILL beat the living **** out of you!

28. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    REPORT: CUTLER WANTS OUT OF DENVER, ASKS TO BE TRADED
    Posted by Aaron Wilson on March 16, 2009, 1:31 a.m.
    Breaking his public silence, disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler told Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com that he doesn’t trust coach Josh McDaniels and wants to be traded.

Cutler and McDaniels had vastly differing views about their Saturday meeting intended to deal with the fallout of the Broncos engaging in trade discussions about quarterback Matt Cassel.

“I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco,” Cutler told ESPN.com. “We weren’t in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I’m concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy.

“He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn’t sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he’ll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.”

From his standpoint, Cutler said he felt like it’s clear he’s unwanted by Broncos management.

“At the end of the meeting, he wasn’t like, ‘Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you’re our guy,’” Cutler said. “It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can’t work this out, to let him know. I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco.

“Really, I figured we’d hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened was the last thing I expected. If I didn’t think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and [Cutler’s agent, Bus Cook] it’s not something they want to fix.”

Cutler also said that he felt like he could no longer trust McDaniels since, at first, the coach told him that he didn’t try to trade for Cassel, who was ultimately traded from the New England Patriots to the Kansas City Chiefs, only to later acknowledge that actually was the case.

The Broncos have since told Cook, who also represents retired quarterback Brett Favre, that they don’t intend to trade Cutler.

“Before this trade for Cassel thing ever came up, in the two weeks or so I had spent with McDaniels, he was basically telling me that he came to Denver because he wanted to coach me and that we needed to trust each other,” Cutler said. “He’s never been critical to me. But trust now? How can I trust him now?”

Responding to Cutler’s remarks, McDaniels told ESPN.com that he had wanted to avoid this kind of back-and-forth through the media.

“I really have wanted to avoid a he-said, she-said thing but it’s only fair for us to present the Bronco side of the story rather than let things get taken out of context,” McDaniels said.

McDaniels claimed that Cutler hasn’t been responsive to his calls or Broncos team owner Pat Bowlen.

“Again, I think that’s been a pattern,” McDaniels said. “When he came here this weekend, we couldn’t get a one-on-one meeting, just me and him alone.

“There wasn’t any yelling, none of that. I can’t believe we get to a totally different [interpretation]. It’s an unfortunate set of circumstances that has cropped up, a potential distraction and we’ve done our best to limit that.”

For his part, Cutler’s agent said he’s shocked that things have gone so badly.

“I thought it was going to get worked out,” Cook said. “But it was very clear to me that Jay Cutler is not their choice to be quarterback of that team.”

About the only thing McDaniels and Cutler seem to agree on is that McDaniels hasn’t knocked Cutler’s performance from last season.

Cutler reiterated that he won’t attend Monday’s workouts, but will show up for mandatory minicamps as well as training camp. Of course, that’s assuming that Cutler is still on the roster.

Plus, the quarterback emphasized that recently putting his house up for sale isn’t a reaction to this controversy.