1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cutler/Orton

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lunatic Fringe, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Hey Boltfans, I just realized that my Birds are playing against one of your old favorites, ex-bronc Cutler Sunday night. We'll try and give him an old time Charger style whippin just because :yes:

What's the status on who will be behind center when you play Denver Sunday? I hear that Orton is unlikely to go. I would have layed money on you guys taking them apart even with Orton so I might have to drop down a chunk on this one :tup:

:flag: FLY EAGLES FLY :flag:

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    If Orton can't hear a who, it will be Chrissie Simms...

Pointy :icon_twisted:

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Cutler is easily rattled and arrogant. He tries to force passes he should just throw away and throws tantrums when things don't go his way. If the defense can get pressure on him & knock him around a bit he will crumble.

Kick some *** this Sunday :D I'll definitiely be cheering for your boys!

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Yep. They need to hit him early and often. Even if they don't get there in time, they need to give him a bump. If the D gets chippy with him, he will crumble. He will force throws and he does not have Marshal to bail him out of those desperation lobs.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Have McNabb wear a River's mask and that's all it will take. Cutler has PTSD from playing River's and still has nightmares.

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    If not Orton than Chris Simms. I guess if your dad is a former pro bowl QB then you don't actually have to ever play like a pro to have a 10 year career. Hell, Simms wasn't even good enough to start in college.

As for Cutler, hope you guys bring the house against that punk. Love to see you guys knock him around. Best of luck for the rest of the season. With the talent you guys have, I wouldn't be surprised to see you put it together and go deep in the playoffs.

7. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Beware that Cutless is an instigator...he talks s**t and your team players will get the blame for responding. He is even known for abusing the refs! No class, very little talent, but he does have a better arm than Elway...just ask him.:lol:

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Cutler's Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde.

He'll come out one week and torch a secondary for 350-400 yards and 4 TDs then throw 5 INTs the next week.

The only constant is the in-game and post-game tantrums.

9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Cutler does get rattled under pressure, and rattled translates into wildly inaccurate throws and picks for the defense. By all means, chase him, hit him, knock him down and sack him. The Bears defense has been gutted by injuries this season, so between the offensive offense and the defenseless defense this could be a "get well game" for your birds...go get 'em!!

The preliminary word out of Denver seems to be that Orton will play (...on one bad wheel) and if he can't go the Chargers get to face the offensive juggernaut known as Chris Simms. Either way, Denver will be facing a much different Chargers team than the one they beat on October 19th.

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    hit him once for me