1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

D.J. Fluker hurt himself on body slam

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-chargers-dj-fluker-hurt-himself-on-body-slam

D.J. Fluker's body slam heard around the world came with a price. The San Diego Chargers tackle missed practice Thursday with a calf injury he says he suffered after throwing Oakland Raiderslinebacker Sio Moore to the ground last Monday night.

"I felt it then," Fluker told the UT-San Diego. "A couple plays later, that's when I really felt it late third quarter."

Fluker was asked if the now famous play was worth it.

"It wasn't worth the injury," Fluker said. "It was worth the play. ... As an offensive lineman, I'm taught to finish, finish, finish."

Fluker's finish cost his team yards because he was called for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the play. But the Chargers wound up scoring on the drive, and the play instantly became an internet sensation. Fluker's teammates have also enjoyed watching it on film this week week.

"They were excited," Fluker said. "They were like, 'Man, I've never seen anything like that before.' But I was worried about the consequences of the play."

It sounds like Fluker has a solid chance to play on Monday night against the Colts, but he could be taped heavily.

2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,232
    So if he doesn't play, how much do you like your 'choke slam from hell'?

3. PanchoX1

PanchoX1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +55
    If we win Monday, I'll still love it. if not, then I'll like it less...

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,649
    Doesn't remove the awesome-ness of doing that

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,179
    Clearly, Fluker didn't do the move correctly. He should have choked that Faider for at least a good two to three seconds more before slamming him...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Then followed it up with a flying elbow of Clary's shoulders. He needs to get it right, this rookie shyte is not acceptable!