1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Damn I guess Rivers is a liar

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So many fans have pronounced judgment on LT for his actions during the last championship game. Some argue that regardless of what others have said, LT indeed sat on the bench the entire game 'moping'.

Man it sucks that now Rivers too is not telling the truth, well that is if these know it all fans are correct...

It has been pointed out that the netork re-payed the few seconds of footage of LT sitting on eh bench as they went to break, but still some argue that the footage was new each time. They are able to tell this from the comfort of their couches I guess...

The players have come out in support of LT repeatedly, yet still the armchair coaches know better.

Good news is that in less than a month the slate gets wiped clean, the season starts rolling and as LT gets back into form people will stop worrying about the Championship game. There will still be those who will call for his benching, or try and bolster their fragile internet-egos by attacking him. But the upcoming season will be special, and Tomlinson, like him, or hate him will be a MAJOR part of that, because regardless of what we think he is still the best damn RB in football today, and defenses will still have to plan for him! No matter if he is touching the ball or not, he will help the offense go!

Link

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

:icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I give you a 4 on the pussification scale for this post - you really need to try harder to improve your score... :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Uhhhhh... not THAT word, Mary. :lol:

6. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I think we all need to stop dwelling in the past and look towards a very bright future !! :bolt: :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. blitznd33

blitznd33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm sorry, but I don't see where River's is a liar. When I read the quote, I understand that Rivers is backing LT. Am I missing something?

8. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    i belive he was being sarcastic:yes:

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Great read Conc!!! Thanks!!! :tup:

It's always great to smack the forum trash around in here!!! :yes:
    And to all you hey haws who felt that you're not a true fan if you didn't greet Norv with open arms... read this. "Coach Norv Turner knows how Tomlinson feels. Turner was blasted when taking over for the Chargers as their head coach before last year. That criticism gathered momentum when the team started 1-3."
    If you enjoy cheering losing and underachievement, that's your business but the rest of humanity would have to say "you're weird!!!" :yes:

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Naw, people would rather believe the SAME 5 seconds of footage displayed on the TV screen, over-and-over again, as the gospel truth, instead of what the coaches and players who were actually there on the sideline state.

Didn't several Charger fans who were also there state the same thing? That LT was often up and cheering for the team?

No difference. Those guys are wrong too. All that matters is the same 5 seconds of TV footage, shown in a loop. That is the proof that LT sat and pouted for the entire game. Just like you can believe everything TV ads say as well.

11. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    exactly. the same media tricks they use to sway public opinion. whether it be news or sports, its all the same.

12. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    B4L, the proper attitude at the time(and what turned out to be the correct one) would have been to give our new head coach more than FOUR GAMES before declaring him the next Harland Svare. :icon_shrug:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Not at all. Look at all the crap Rivers got up until week 11.

Actually, it was more than four games. I remember returning from Jacksonville disgusted because it looked like Norv had completely lost the team. Then was the home game against Baltimore. The all around atmosphere in the parking lot was dead because we were 5-5 and seemed hapless.
    Though the Ravens weren't exactly a good team last year, we beat up on them and sometimes beating up on a bad team can bring momentum.
    Then came that great win in Tennessee and we finally gained some bragging rights.

14. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
  15. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I'm going to lose my freaking mind here!!! Every time I think of the season I feel like running a marathon to use this energy. It's like torture....

16. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Yeah, no kidding.

Longest. Offseason. Ever.

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Hopefully that's an annual feeling as we continue to be one of the 4 favorites to reach the Super Bowl every year. :yes::flag:

18. Shakaboltz

Shakaboltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Trust me...LT is gonna GO OFF this season because of the criticism he's been receiving. All the haters will be speechless and they will give him the props that he deserves. :icon_bow:

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nah, they'll still ***** that he runs out of bounds too quickly or can't block or something. With some folks, it isn't whether you really believe what you're saying as long as you have a different opinion that will call some attention to you.

I'm over it. LT is still the best, IMO. **** the haters. :yes:

20. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Probably the best thing that could have happened for LT. When you're at the top it's very easy to get complacent or lack motivation but now he's got plenty to prove, to prove all those doubters wrong and hopefully that will result in a SB.

21. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321

eye of the tiger... :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That was a bit tongue in cheek. We had some very vocal detractors of LT who were claiming that the players were lying to protect LT, and the radio and TV people were incorrect when they said that LT did NOT spend the whole game on the bench. So with Rivers reiterating the same stance, I was sarcastically saying he must be telling a lie as well.

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    first player i've seen actually say he was up and talking and cheering his teammates on, that's definitely good to know

• Like Like x 1
  24. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Wow you have managed to almost redefine hypocrisy. Amazing considering YOU blasted Norv up and down for most of the season last year.

:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Before 2006, most of the forums said LT lost a step ..... he went on to have his best year.

Before 2008, LT is being doubted once again. Watch out for a MONSTER year from Tomlinson!!!

• Like Like x 1
  26. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

3rd straight rushing title, second league MVP, SB MVP, and hoisting the Lombardi will fill that "MONSTER year" designation. :yes:

• Like Like x 2
  27. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    umm yeah, that'll do:icon_eek::icon_party:

I'll settle for the F-ing Lombardi:yes:

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    There were at least 2 1090 interviews as well.

29. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    LT is the man, **** the haters

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Tabernacle!!!