1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dan Depalma - The Bryan Walters of 2013?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Jul 29, 2013.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456
    Was at camp yesterday and this kid continues to impress. Catching everything thrown at him. Blocking well. Breaking contact with the db's to get open. His name was getting called a lot, even got to run with the 1's for a short time as DX and VB are still watching from the sideline. Runner up goes to Mike Willie. Kid is big and strong and catches the ball with contact better than everyone on the field besides maybe M80. Almost positive, barring injury, that the final 6 receiver spots are sewn up by M80, DX, VB, Allen, Royal, and Meacham, means we could probably see Depalma and maybe Mike Willie make the PS. Also means the end of the Goodman experience. All the guys he had dirt on have been fired so he's got nothing to keep him in the building. Looking like Allen and Meacham are working at kick returner which removes the need for Goodman. Only way Meacham sees a jersey on Sundays is if he can return kicks.

2. mando-charger

mando-charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    good to hear some of the back ups are looking good. depth is always a good thing, im hoping depalma makes the roster and we get to see him run some plays in the regular season.....meacham is fast so maybe a returner is a good spot for him....

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I really hope Meacham bounces back and has a good year. Seems like a good guy and I'm pulling for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'd like to see Meach contribute to a successful season for the Bolts in any way he can, he's too good for the trash heap just yet but it is drawing ever closer.

5. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456
    I think if he can win the kickoff return job it will get him some receiving reps on Sunday and maybe he can prove himself again.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Yes, moving in the direction, that's all I ask.