1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dan Patrick asked Rich Eisen this Morning....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Jan 9, 2009.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    "Rich (from NFL Network), of all the QB's playing this weekend, which one would you choose to lead you to a victory? Warner, Flacco, Manning, Ben, McNabb, Del Homme, Collins or Rivers?" Eisen's reply "With no hesitation, PHILIP RIVERS. He's played the best down the stretch and has proven to be clutch late in the season and last week. That's the guy I go with at this point." (or something similar to that.) Man, I was just waking up and still sleepy, but that got me ALL fired up! :tup:

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842

:bolt:THAT'S OUR BOY!!!:bolt:

[​IMG]

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Awesome picture

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Why dont they tell us something we all ready did not know!

Now all you have to do is get that message through a Steeler fans head.

5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I heard that too. That was from Dan Patrick this morning. Patrick also gave props to Rivers and the Chargers.

DP also asked Eisen which game had the best opportunity for an upset, and he picked Chargers over Steelers.

Guys, I still don't see why we're such heavy underdogs. We are going to take care of business. :yes:

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Think about it, TK. We were 4.5 pt dawgs in Nov. with LT playing. Now... everyone knows he's gonna be out.

What they fail to realize is that this offense is going to be more effective at moving the ball than it was with an unhealthy LT.

Eisen knows PR is the man. What remains to be seen is if his teammates will come out and fight like Champions, or crumble under the pressure. We know Philip will stand strong no matter what.

BTW, Norv was on DP the other day... it was a pretty good interview.

Here's a link to the DP show interviews:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/interviews/

Scroll down to Wednesday for Norv.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    How do I rep Eisen? :lol:

8. SteelersDave

SteelersDave BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Eisen hates us, and the feeling is mutual. Can't really argue his choice though, Rivers had a great year, not just a stretch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I was surprised at the degree to which Ben struggled this year. But your defense is ferocious. Should be a good one.

10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Hey SteelersDave. We always thought ESPN had an "East Coast Bias" and that almost nobody gave the Chargers any props since we're on the west coast. He did give props to the Steelers esp. the D and deservedly so. That D of yours has been ferocious for decades it seems like! It seems like the Steelers didn't miss a defensive beat when Cowher left and Tomlin took over. I mean you guys haven't had the coaching carousel that we had. Gonna be a close, wild game man! Can't wait!

11. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Philip is the best QB left in the playoffs. The only guy close I would say is Warner, when he's not fumbling the ball.

I think Philip will do much better against this defense the second time around. Hopefully Marcus and Jeromy can give him the time to be better.

12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Not a big fan of Eisen myself. I get tired of him always talking with the Manning's nuts bouncing off his chin.

He almost looked like he was going to shed a tear when he was taking to the head of officiating about changing the OT rules so his lover could have a chance to play with the ball after loosing the coin toss.

13. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I saw that and I almost threw something at my TV.......I also thought he was going to cry.

Eisen is biased MF'er.

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Also, if it had been the other way around and the colts won the coin toss and scored, NO ONE WOULD GIVE A FLYING FUK about the OT rules.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Word!

I don't know how many times this week I heard that the MVP of the NFL was sitting on the sidelines, and never got a chance. Like he's entitled or something. Fuq him! The real MVP of the NFL WAS on the field guiding his team to a victory.

16. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30

There might be too much bone to penetrate.