1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dark Days

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Heir Coryell, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Heir Coryell

Heir Coryell BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Shut out of the pro bowl ...having to watch Raider fans fill the Q again.....these are indeed dark days for Charger fans.......just remember Monday is coming.....food will taste sweeter, the sun will be brighter, and the air will be thick with optimism. It's a new day in Chargerville!

Raider fans can suck a bag of d!#ks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    A 2-13 team has 5 representatives, we get none. That was pathetic BS by any standard; hell in 2003 when we were 4-12 and sucked I remembered LT was super human he couldn't get near the pro bowl

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    The pro bowl is a joke and has been for many years.

• Winner Winner x 6
  4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Weddle was snubbed because he's white.

KC's players got in because a few of them got in on strong performances from previous seasons, while Charles is having an absolutely monstrous season, which is only not being talked about because AP is having a record-breakingly monstrous season.

The problem is that no one on our front seven is a standout (See JJ Watt if you want to see what a standout 3-4 end looks like) compared to the field, and none of our skill position players are actually good. Rivers is an elite QB spending so much time on his back that his stats are simply not up to par with Brady and Manning, who were basically preseason locks, and compared to new blood like Luck, and playoff QBs like Dalton and Schaub (and Luck), he's just getting lost amongst the rest of the crap. I don't think that the Chiefs deserve 5 PB players, but if you think there should be more than 1 Charger in the PB, you're crazy/have strong homer-vision.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,406
    I think Dean should go....... he's a one-man wrecking machine. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292
    Weddle, Scifres, and Butler. Those are the only 3 that should even be considered

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I think that Scifres should've gotten in but don't think Colquitt was any less deserving. As far as Butler, Johnson and Mayo got the nod over him.

8. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +292
    I read the roster once and didn't care enough about players on other teams that I generally don't care about so I don't remember whom was better, those are just the only Chargers who would be deserving of even being considered. Strange to think that Rivers doesn't deserve to be mentioned there considering his play two years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,355
    It's the only "all star" game I know of where it's a bigger honor to get picked than to actually play in it.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    It didn't used to be that way. I have some autographs from the days when the AFC would practice in San Diego. O.J.,Franco Harris, Larry Little, Art Shell and a few more. I also remember when they played the College All-Stars but the NFL has become a shell of what it once was.

11. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +252
    Dark Days? For me it feels like the lead up to Christmas Day hopefully being that glorious morning on Monday where we wake up to find our coach and GM gone forever, then we can all start posting about who we'd like next, trying to ignore that small sick feeling in our stomach that says the next guy will somehow be worse.

On the subject of next HC, would anyone give Ken Whisenhunt a look for here if Arizona can him? He did take them to a bowl not that long ago...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    You'll see some Chargers at the Pro Bowl when those players that earned their place there either decide not to attend or are in the playoffs and can't make it. Charger players usually make fine "replacement" Pro Bowl players in a game that is even less meaningful then their regular season games.

13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    WOW, people still watch that game?

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    I'd at least consider Liuget who's been a one man wrecking crew lately. Don't think he'd deserve it now but he's played well enough to deserve consideration

15. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    Butler really didn't stand a chance once he missed time for injury. Johnson's getting by off last year's numbers, by comparison he had a pretty mediocre campaign this year. Woodley easily deserved to get in over him (and Butler). Mayo is what it is. Boston fans will votes for him - he's a stat accumulator but hard a game-impacting player by much; Brandon Spikes, his own teammate, had a better case for the PB than Mayo did.

The amazing crap about the voting: Weddle is the 5th alternate and yet Gates, who had a humdrum season by his standards, is the 3rd alternate (in an AFC where guys like Owen Daniels, Hernandez - even though he missed half the season, Gronkowski - even though he's current injured, Miller - also injured, and Scott Chandler all outperformed him).

16. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,147
    If I remember correctly, Weddle was the only player who was in "game mode" last year, and other players were telling him to take it easy...

17. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +292
    Consideration yes, but do you think he'd be able to make it ahead of Dumervil or Wake (because no way is Watt anything but a lock, nobody would beat him out of that starter spot)? I just checked and wow, Cameron Wake has 15 sacks and I haven't heard his name once this season. Kind of crazy how a 15 sack season goes unnoticed, just goes to show the monster seasons other guys are having.

18. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Oh absolutely he shouldn't be in it now, but consideration or at least mentioning would be nice considering the season he's had and the improvements he's made. That's all, but he shouldn't be in it this year. Possibly next year

19. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,406
    It's nice when you've earned the respect of your peers. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1