1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Darrell Jackson

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerlipz, Apr 1, 2007.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Evidently, he is considered the odd man out in Seattle. This would be his 8th season. He is a fairly productive WR. He has averaged 63 catches and 921 yards per year his first 7 seasons. He could take the place of Keenan McCardell as the mentor to our young WRs.

Yes, No, Maybe?

2. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Hes still young and they want a high second so they can move in the first round.

3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    A high 2nd for Jackson .. :no: :no:

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155

I thought I read them wanting a 3rd. Or maybe it was for someone else, but I thought it was for him.

Not sure what the Seahawks are trying to do, they trade a 1st for Branch then try to trade probably the better of their receivers.

5. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

They want to package both there 2nds if they get one for D jack and they will move in the first round.

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It all depends on what we get for Turner. I would do it for a thrid, not a second.

7. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Second-rounder is too high. We got McCardell for a third. Maybe a third and fifth rounder, since DJ is younger and probably better at this stage of his career.

8. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    You know this how?

9. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    He hasn't played a full season since 2004.

IMO, a team should never give up first day picks for a player on the downside of their career. Also, never give up first day picks for players that aren't playing full seasons of late.

Looking back, SD gave up too much for McCardell, but that was the price to get him, and SD needed a WR. I think SD still needs a WR, but not sure they need one as much right now.

Look at the numbers. The team will probably carry 6 WR's on the 53 man roster.

1. Vince Jackson
    2. Eric Parker
    3. Malcom Floyd
    4. First day draft choice
    5. Kassim Osgood
    6. Last spot up for competition ..... Camarillo .... 2nd day pick .... UDFA

Only five will be active on gameday. Osgood is going to be active because of his ST's play.

By trading for SEA's Jackson (or any other veteran) then SD shouldn't draft one on the first day this year. If SD does acquire a veteran AND takes a first day WR, then one of those two is fighting for the last spot on the gameday 45 man dressed roster.

10. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    I agree. I think DJ would be a steal for a 3rd and a 5th. I believe he's at a higher level of play then McCardell was when we acquired him, and he's got more gas in the tank as well. DJ+VJ+EP=SB

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'd sooner do this
    CJ/RM/TG2 + VJ + EP = SB

12. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    CJ - happy, happy, joy, joy... but ain't gonna happen
    RM/TG2 - great long term, but not likely to contribute in '07 like DJ would. I'd kinda like to win the whole show this year, yes?