1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

David Binn to IR. Sign LS Dearth

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 15, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Bolts' Binn to go on IR - SignOnSanDiego.com

Bolts' Binn to go on IR
    By Kevin Acee

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 12:11 p.m.

The Chargers' David Binn was one of the first players in the NFL to make long snapping a speciality.
    Chargers long snapper David Binn, who set a franchise record by playing in his 179th consecutive game on Monday, will be placed on injured reserve with a severe hamstring injury.

Binn was hurt on the Dexter McCluster punt return for a touchdown in the second quarter. Binn finished the game despite what was described as an almost total tear of the muscle off the bone. Binn was in on trying to make several plays in what was a rough night for the Chargers punt coverage teams.

Binn has played in 256 games and on Monday began his 17th season, both franchise records.

The Chargers have signed ex-Jets long snapper James Dearth . Dearth spent nine season with the New York Jets before being released in what Rex Ryan acknowledged was a move to go "younger and cheaper."

Dearth signed with the Redskins last month but was released on Aug. 31.

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    My friend just called me from work to inform me my boy was put on IR... Man this sucks could be the end of a beautiful career.

I thought I saw #50 makin some good plays on kick coverage. I guess one too many.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    LS is not a very physical position, in fact if you don't look up nobody is allowed to touch you. I'm sure he could come back if he wanted too.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    True, Im just thinkin he could very well decide to call it quits after a season off. Not like he would be hard to replace effectivly. Just sucks to hear.

5. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Well with this ST coverage we need a long snapper that can tackle. :( I don't know how good Dearth is, but I hope he can tackle.

6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    One stat that I find absolutely amazing, David Binn has played in more than 30% of all the games in Chargers history.

7. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Binn on IR

sucks!

also double post...

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    There goes our 4th option at QB... Hopefully, nurse Pamela Lee can rehab David back to health...

Pointy