1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

David Boston arrested again.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Yawn...

Ex-Dolphin Boston arrested in domestic dispute

By Jake Simpson | South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Former Dolphins wide receiver David Boston was released on $10,000 bail Monday after being arrested at his Cooper City home Saturday during a domestic dispute, according to the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

According to the police report, the dispute between Boston and his wife, Renee, started after he left their newborn son alone in their house.

Boston was arrested for felony false imprisonment for preventing his wife from calling 911, misdemeanor domestic battery, culpable negligence and resisting an officer without violence. He was released from jail Monday after a bail hearing.

Attempts to reach the Bostons at their home were unsuccessful.

David Boston, who played for the Dolphins in the 2004 and 2005 seasons, was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sept. 12 after he was arrested and charged with DUI in Pinellas Park. Subsequent tests found Boston had GHB, a depressant, in his system, according to police there.

According to the report, the dispute began when Renee Boston took her 2-year-old daughter for a short walk. When she was nearing her house, she saw David Boston in his vehicle pulling out of the driveway, leaving their 1-month-old son alone in the house. Police said Renee Boston was locked out, and she could hear their baby crying inside. She called David Boston, who said he was just driving around the block.

When he returned, the couple began to argue. According to police, David Boston became angry and threw a sofa cushion at his wife, hitting her in the face and nearly hitting the baby. When she called 911, he ripped the phone cord from the wall, according to the report. She took herself and her children upstairs, fearing for their safety, the report said.

No charges have been filed against Boston, according to the state attorney's office. No arraignment date has been set.

The incident is the latest setback for Boston after a promising start to his career. He played in the 2001 Pro Bowl while he was with the Arizona Cardinals. Acquired by the Dolphins in 2004, the wideout missed the entire season after tearing a tendon in his left knee during a preseason game.

In October of that year, Boston was arrested and charged with simple assault after punching a gate agent at an airport in Burlington, Vt. He later pleaded no contest, and the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor. Two months later, Boston was suspended for four games for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

The next season he played in five games for the Dolphins and caught four passes for 80 yards.

LINK

2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Right on cue

3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    This guy is just a car wreck.

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Nice to see that he cares about his kids. :unsure::tdown:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Like I said "Fins are our Friends!!!!"

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Thumper, I love your quote!!!!!

"Please! No more Norvicide!!!" :lol:

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    who cares. :icon_shrug::icon_huh:

I guess you just like to see other people fall from grace, It must give you the feeling of superiority and can over look your own shortcoming's.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm just glad that he's not our problem anymore!!!

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    He's about 2 years away from his White Ford Bronco chase through the streets of Miami.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I posted this because it's NFL news about an ex-Charger player.

Davids Boston's downfall doesn't make me feel superior. Personally I just think it is sad. He had the ability to have a very good NFL career. Unfortunately this is a story that's repeated not just with Boston, but other players as well.

11. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Boston is a bad apple... Like you said, too bad.

12. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    What a dumb ****! this guy was my fav player too. Dumb ****!

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Shocking :lol:

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Wow, a 'Roid freak beating the crap out of his little wife who had reason to be upset at him.

That never happens.

Well, he didn't actually hit her hard, but still.... Boston is a dik.

:tdown:

15. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Seek mental help. Dude is spiraling into an abyss.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    At least he didn't go Chris Benoit on the whole family.

Sad to see how far he has fallen. I remember the day we signed him we were SOOO stoked. Now, I'm just bummed whenever I hear his name.

17. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    He had a decent year with the Bolts in 2003, but being an azzhat towards the fans didn't help his cause. Then the "I gotta practice?" drama just put it over the top.

18. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    What an idiot

19. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Agree 100%! I too was very excited when we signed him. I thought this was a huge signing at the time. He had a pro bowl season with Arizona and he looked like he could become a star WR for the Bolts.

His career since then has gone straight down hill. It's very sad. His NFL career might be over, but I really do hope he gets his life together.

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    QFT, and way to often. Some people just never seem to get it either and it's looking like he's one of them.