1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Deadspin : Why your team sucks : 2014 Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    They do this with a bunch of NFL teams, including the Chargers. But this one is classic:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-oakland-raiders-1623235365

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Charlie_Hustle

Charlie_Hustle BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +48
  3. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +548
    Fan response by Mike was golden:
    Mike:

My brother, Dad, and I, all huge Raiders fans, like to play this game. It's called "Let's look at who we could have drafted in the first round". Now, hindsight is 20/20 and all that, and I know every fan base can do the same thing, so we take it to the next level by looking at the very next pick, which I will now share with you (first name is the raiders pick, second name is the very next pick). Let's start with 2002, the last winning season:

2002: Napoleon Harris, Ed Reed

2003: Nnamdi Asomugha and Tyler Brayton, Eric Steinbach (oak had back to back picks b/c of Gruden trade, yay!)

2004: Robert Gallery, Larry Fitzgerald

2005: Fabian Washington, Aaron Rodgers

2006: Michael Huff, Donte Whitner

2007: JaMarcus Russell, Calvin Johnson

2008: Darren McFadden, Glenn Dorsey

2009: Darrius Heyward-Bey, Eugene Monroe

2010: Rolando McClain, CJ Spiller

2011: Pick traded for the walking personal foul Richard Seymour (Pats selected Nate Solder with pick, following pick was Corey Liuget)

2012: Pick traded for Carson Palmer (Cincy selected Dre Kirkpatrick with pick, following pick was Melvin Ingram)

2013: DJ Hayden and his exploding heart (this season it's now his exploding foot), Sheldon Richardson

2014: Khalil Mack, Jake Matthews. I feel bad that Khalil's promising career is going to bust, but congrats to Atlanta on getting who will undoubtedly become a HOF LT.

That was fun....also, a lot of our fans think Terrell Pryor was the future and will take Russell Wilson's job in Seattle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX ☆☆☆☆☆

Ratings:
    +416
    Why didn't they take ARod in '05, I know they needed a QB then. Did Norv f it up for them or something?