1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Deadspin's take on the 2012 Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    OK, which one of you clowns wrote this? :p

Why Your Team Sucks 2012: San Diego Chargers

[​IMG] Drew Magary

Some people are fans of the San Diego Chargers. But many, many more people are NOT fans of the San Diego Chargers. This 2012 Deadspin NFL team preview is for those in the latter group.
    1. NORV. He's still there! How is that possible? Listen to Dean Spanos tie himself in knots trying to sidestep admitting that he was too cheap and too lazy to fire Norv and hire an actual coach:
    "A lot of the fans never gave him a chance when he came here," Spanos said. "I think it's unfair. When you look at his record... albeit, we've fallen off and we're in the middle right now, and it's not where we want to be...
    Just look at Norv's record, okay? Oh, wait. Don't look at the last part of it. That part is kinda underwhelming.
    ...but we are not the dregs of the league.
    We don't suck! We just underachieve horribly year after year. Can't argue with that kind of result.
    This is going to be Norv Turner's final season as the head coach of an NFL team. After this season, he'll finally get the gate and no team—not even the Jaguars—will be stupid enough to give him a fourth head coaching gig. So savor Norv while you can. Take in every run-up-the-gut he calls from the 40 with :50 left on the clock. Stare wistfully at the Martian landscape covering his face. Watch in rapture as he stammers his way through a press conference after somehow losing at home to Oakland 9-3. Load up on all the Norv you can before it all ends this January.
    2. And A.J. Smith too! Here's an ******* who was nearly (and so, so justifiably) fired at season's end, and then he turned around and started talking **** about Peyton Manning, right before Manning decided to sign with the Broncos. Manning will now throw for a combined 1,200 yards against the Chargers this upcoming season, all because A.J. Smith is a wrinkly old penis. And for all the ****-talking he does, he's not even a decent GM. His 2011 draft netted one starter, who isn't that good (Corey Liuget). He also paved the way for Vincent Jackson to leave town thanks to their pointless contract dispute from 2010. One day, AJ Smith will be relieved of his duties, and then he will go on to fulfilling his destiny as Mike & Mike's 5th-string NFL expert. He's the ******* worst. I can't stand him, and I'm not even a Chargers fan. I resent his continued employment.
    3. Marmalard is suddenly terrible. The folks at Walter Football believe that a Week 2 injurydestroyed Philip Rivers' 2011 season, and that may be true. But take it from someone who has owned Laserface in his keeper league for the past four years: He's not that great. Philip Rivers is the kind of quarterback who throws for 80 yards in the first three quarters and then triples that output in the waning moments of a 20-point blowout. And no quarterback in football is happier to float the ball forty yards downfield to an empty stretch of Fieldturf. Frankly, he's more charming when he's yelling at children in the stands.
    4. Oh, look! The roster is dogshit! Look around the rest of the AFC West and you'll see changes everywhere. The Raiders have a new coach and an actual, functioning GM. The Chiefs have Romeo Crennel, and man is THAT exciting. And the Broncos signed Peyton Manning. Everyone else in the West made a genuine effort to improve this offseason, whether or not those efforts were hilariously misguided or not. And then there are the Chargers, who are content to remain the most poorly run 8-8 team on the face of the ******* Earth. They still have Norv and AJ around, and the roster has gotten worse. Jackson is gone, replaced by the duo of Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem (who is immediately worthless without Drew Brees throwing him the ball). Half the o-line is gone. This is a pale imitation of the Marmalard/Tomlinson/Merriman Chargers of a few years ago, and those teams were always horribly overrated. Back then, you could always find some sucker to pick those Chargers to make the Super Bowl, despite the glaring hindrance of having Norv on the sideline. That's not gonna happen with this Chargers outfit. No one expects anything of them because no one should.
    5. Hear it from a Chargers fan. Best-selling author Justin Halpern is a lifelong Chargers fan. I asked him to assess the team for 2012:
    "Be sure to mention how we've pinned ALL of our pass rush hopes on Melvin Ingram, who has arms like Tyrion Lannister. Rivers sucked last year because we had a dogshit offensive line, so we signed Jared Gaither, who was released by the Kansas City Chiefs, which is like being thrown out of ******* Barrel for being too white trash. Now we're depending on him to keep laserface upright. AND LASTLY NORV ******* TURNER IS OUR COACH. He strikes fear in the heart of Accutane salesman, but no one else."
    Wanna be part of the Deadspin NFL previews? It's simple. Just email me and give me ample evidence of why your team sucks. I'll throw any good material into the post and give you proper credit.

2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Yawn that's why they're writers at dead spin and not credible sports journalists

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    Well if you want to reduce this to it's lowest common denominator...

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Deadspin is part of the same online family at Gawker - that's as much proof as you need for their credibility and worth. Frankly BleacherReport is better than them and far more enjoyable

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It was a joke, you dipshits. :cautious:

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    A joke. Hmnnn. What an interesting concept. :D

7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    It was a good test of the language filter, if nothing else. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I pretty much disregard anyone who calls PR "Marmalard" or "Laserface" so I didn't make it too far into the article.

I did, however, get far enough for this gem :roflmao: and subsequently almost tipped off my boss that I've been doing something other than working today.... whoops~

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I found it mildly amusing. I was surprised that he described Norv's face as a Mars landscape, rather than a Lunar landscape, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Just as when the milk cow goes dry... this too is an 'utter' failure...

:roflmao:

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's "udder" if you wanna talk cows, city boy. :p

13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I laughed when I read this but........ can someone explain Marmalard to me?, never heard that term before.

Jim Steeg even tweeted the link to it.

14. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    [​IMG] ............ :whistling:

15. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Never heard it before either. Google led me here. I didn't bother reading the site, but the previous lead said it's NSFW and in bad taste.

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    [​IMG]
    Real cows can't spell. :D

17. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I would assume they are referring to the character Greg Marmalard in Animal House.

[​IMG]

18. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Damn it to hell JULY SUCKS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Got any photo's of her then Matty ???

What's her sister June up to these days ?

20. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Wow there is a resemblance alright!!

Barely remember the movie though... have not seen it in decades.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    A refresher viewing is required in my house at least once/yr.

• Like Like x 1