1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

DEAN TO ENTER CHARGERS HALL OF FAME

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Deb, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    DEAN TO ENTER CHARGERS HALL OF FAME

Posted by Mike Florio on July 15, 2008, 12:43 p.m.

In February, defensive end Fred Dean secured election into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

One of the teams for which he played will be duplicating the honor.
    Dean will become the 34th member of the Chargers’ Hall of Fame on October 12. He joined the team as a second-round draft pick in 1975, and was traded to the 49ers during the 1981 season.
    “The Chargers Hall of Fame is a great honor for me,” Dean said. “So many of my teammates have made it into the Chargers Hall of Fame, and now I get to join them. It’s very touching to me.”

We know Dean only spent six seasons in San Diego, but it’s a little odd that it took so long for him to get a bust or a placque or a sculpture made out of pasta or whatever they use to commemorate members of the Chargers’ Hall of Fame. Especially since non-household names like Paul Lowe, Keith Lincoln, Chuck Allen, Gary Garrison, Earl Faison, Leslie Duncan, and Don Macek have already been inducted.

LINK

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Good news for all Charger fans.

3. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Especially since non-household names like Paul Lowe, Keith Lincoln, Chuck Allen, Gary Garrison, Earl Faison, Leslie Duncan, and Don Macek have already been inducted.

How are these "non-household names"?

:icon_shrug:

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Lowe, Lincoln,Allen,Garrison, Faison and others are household names to those who've been around a while. I still compare defensive ends to Gino Marchetti.

5. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Very well deserved. Love it when when a true classic pace setter is recognized in this way.