1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

DeAngelo Hall to Raitards?!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sickswonnyne, Mar 15, 2008.

1. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3295344

What idiots, Derrick Burgess is right. Raitards are f'in over their own players. They won't pay Nmadi Asomugha, but they go out and get Hall? And pay hin so much?

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

dude cannot possibly be worth that kinda money!!!

Hall is close to agreeing to a contract with the Raiders that will pay him just below what Asante Samuel signed with the Eagles, according to the source. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    How the hell can the faiders pay him with their cap situation? Possibly a fire sale?

4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Long live Al! :tup:

5. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
  6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Pound that cap Uncle Al!! Beat that SOB to death baby. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I dunno why they're tryin to shore up their defense, especially their secondary. That was their only strength before. The got great LBs, Derrick Burgess, Asomugha and Washington are more than solid, and Huff could still blossom. Gibril Wilson is a decent signing I guess, but damn, they need an o-line above ANYTHING else. Kwame Harris is their answer? If they blew their $ on Faneca and/or Flozell Adams i wouldn't blame them. but on Hall, Tommy Kelly, Javon Walker? God it must suck to be a Raider fan now.

On the other hand FS Huff, SS Wison, CB Asomugha, CB Hall, and Nickel with Washington is a pretty damn good secondary. Too bad for them you can just run on them all day.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Unreal. If I was in any sort of executive or coaching position on that team, I'd either: 1. Poison Al until he is legally dead or at least brain dead, 2. Quit or 3. Kill myself.

That team will be such a beautiful mess by the time the draft comes around. And the season? forget about it.

My father in law is certainly not renewing his season tix. He's just speechless about the whole thing right now. I'm on cloud fukking 9!!! :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    How in the world are they gonna pay their draft pivks this year?

:lol:

It's like watching a trainwreck full of drunken idiots on slow mo in high def on a 100" plasma while sitting in a jacuzzi w/ the Raiders. I love it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    i THINK this is very good news!!!!

11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The turds are fugging going to be in Salary Cap hell.

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    wow if the money is as rumored that's mad jack.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Salary Cap Hell with a 4-12 record. WOW!!!
    DeAngelo Hall was unhappy in Atlanta... wait till he starts playing in Retard Land!!!! :lol:

Old Al my be having a fire sale by mid season!!!
    I say "let's by their #1 draft pick!!!" :bolt: :lol:

14. SuperCharger21

SuperCharger21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    They now have something like 75 million wrapped up on 4 guys. LOL
    I can understand the Hall signing, they need somebody to cover Chris Chambers. :abq1:

15. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Bahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaaaaaa Baahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

I hope Al lives forever, he is such a blemish on the NFL it's wonderful he does it in OACLand.

Stan :rivers17:

16. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    And even still... the funniest thing about all of these signings is the raider fan mentality. Everyone of their FA signings makes or breaks the raiders. Now it is Deangelo Hall that puts them over the top and makes them contenders. Lesson: Building franchises isn't done over night.

17. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Al is playing his hand as if '09 will be an uncapped year. As it stands now, it would certainly look as though Aso is going to become a free agent once his current deal expires at the end of the season. If that happens, it's excellent news for us.

18. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I think that's funny, because it puts all your eggs in one basket... for a team that went 4-12 last year? I don't think their FA's signings and trades are enough to get them into playoff contention. They still don't have an oline and have an inexperienced Russell (and overweight) at the helm.

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Wow - it's almost getting .... sad. :icon_sad: :no: :yes: :lol: :abq1: :icon_banana: :icon_rofl:

20. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    How are they even going to sign a top 5 pick this year?

They can't unless Al sells all his gold chains and track suits!:icon_rofl:

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He'll still be unsigned in mid season and he becomes a Charger!!! :bolt: :lol:

22. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Wow, this is some trouble Al is putting the organization in :fan:, this is really bad.....and really funny all at the same time.:icon_rofl: I don't know how they will recover. They are going to suck for a long time!

I smell the Los Angeles Raiders again!!!:turdspuke:

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    There is method to Al Davis's madness. He wants to take the fun out of beating them for us.

24. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I wonder if Kiffen will hang around for much longer. This is insane.

25. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    If I were him, I'd force Davis to fire me so that I could get every dime out of the Raitards that I could, seeing as how Davis signed him under the pretext that he would actually control the players. If he quits, Davis is off the hook. Kiffin might even be taking some perverse pleasure in making Uncle Al's life miserable.

26. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    C'mon RC, we know that's an impossibility...beating them like a drum is ALWAYS fun :lol: :icon_toast:

27. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Yes beating them is fun, but without the suspense that they might actually make a fight of it, it has all the thrill of dueling with an unarmed oppponent, or teasing a blind dog with a bone.

28. SuperCharger21

SuperCharger21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    ESPN's John Clayton reports the contract DeAngelo Hall is expected to sign after he's acquired by Oakland will be for six years and over $50 million.

Nnamdi Asomugha is going to want at least that. Asante Samuel's deal with the Eagles was for six years and $57.14 million. Clayton says Raiders owner Al Davis is pulling out all the stops to make this deal a reality.

:lol:

29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Nnamdi has got to have smoke coming out of his ears - he's a hell of a better corner then Hall is but Hall's cashing in when the raiders seem convinced not to pay him market value. Look forward to Asomugha moving on to play for some non AFC West team. And the Raiders are making so little sense this off-season even their homer writer Pete Prisco can't explain this away

30. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    This is probably one of the few times I ever root for the raiturds!!