1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Chargers coaches....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,826
    Stop trying to hide and protect Philip Rivers. He can pass the ball, let him do it.

Three runs in a row may work against a highschool team like the Raiders, but it will not get us anywhere against teams like Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc...

Get a balance game plan together, stop the run, run pass play calling. That makes our O predictable, and gets ints and sacks racked up against us.

I am not asking you to put the game on his shoulders. But for Christ's sake. It is teams like the Raiders that we should be building Philip's confiudence.

Please open the game book, and let the boy air it out some... Also if you could NEVER run the run, run, pass play set again I would appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Me, I thot it was a great game plan.

Keep up the good work!!

Signed...The Voice of Reason

• Like Like x 1
  3. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    It's a darn good thing that we played against the Raiders then. God forbid if the gameplan that we had against the Raiders wouldn't work against the Donks, Steelers, or Ravens.

We win 27-0. Rivers had a 133 QB rating without having to force anything. LT had 130 yards rushing and the defense had maybe the best effort I've ever seen from them and this is what you're thinking? :no:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,826
    Yes it is, and if you had anything between your ears you would too! LT had 100 yards of his 130 in the first quarter. The fact that you come around trying to be insulting is laughable.

Your grand offensive effort wont work against any other team. But your too much a homer to admit that.:tdown:

5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am with you there sdchrger and the stats do not lie at all and I thank you for it.:tup: :yes:

:icon_eek: The Defense just mangled the Raiders Ofense that was just like you sdchrger was the best I have seen in forever. :icon_eek:

27 - 0 that does not lie at all.

6. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

I'm not trying to be offensive. I think that line of thinking is completely unfounded. Marty's job is to win games not to entertain you.

If we lose a game because Marty refuses to let Rivers lose than I will be angry. Maybe even if we almost lose one. But not when we blow someone out. That's just silly.

If you want to critique the gameplan of a blowout on the road against a division rival that's your right. Just like it's mine to tell you how lame it is.

7. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Conc this should be the clearest indicator how faulty your reasoning is on this. :icon_rofl:

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Put it this way:

I was still uneasy with the score until we hit 20-0, then I took a small sigh of relief, but I still wanted them to score more. Unlike our genius head coach, I NEVER believe a lead is big enough. For most of the 3rd, we were basically one long pass to Moss and the score is 13-7.

MARTY SUCKS

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    If we try that RUNRUNPASSPUNT **** against Pittsburg we're TOAST.

MARTYBALL STILL SUCKS

10. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    I can agree with the LT part. Turner should have gotten 6 to 8 of LT's carries in the second half. The gameplan turned very conservative to start the second half and that made for less entertaining football but you can't argue with the result.

I wonder what you and Conc would have said about Marty's coaching if we came out throwing to start the second half and Rivers gets blindsided deep in our own end. The Raiders recover the fumble in the endzone and now the score is 13-7 and the Raiders now have momentum on their side which gets them back in the game and they end up winning all because Marty wanted to take the chains off Philip.

You two would be going ape **** calling for Marty's head.

11. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Whatever.

12. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    !!!!!!!!!!27-0!!!!!!!!!!

13. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    :lol:
    That explains your reasoning. What's Conc's excuse?

Who do you want coaching the Chargers, Wade Phillips?

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,879
    It never fails, if we had Philip putting it up and the duds were coming down with the ball, Marty's an *******. If Philip fumbles the ball after being hit on a pass play, Marty's an *******. You go into the enemies domain and kick their collectives *** and Marty's still an *******. Ther just isn't no winning for losing around here.:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

15. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    The ball better damn well be put in the air against the Titans.

A perfect scenerio for Rivers.

Weak team and the game is at home.

Don't piss me off Marty.:icon_evil:

16. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I am amp'd for this game!!!! The opener should have lots of blue and gold in the stands

• Like Like x 1
  17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,826
    Lame? Lets talk lame. Hows about taking a nonproductive 2nd half, against arguably the worst team in the NFL this year and acting like we just won the SuperBowl. We are all happy about the blow out. But if you are complancent and happy with the play calling in the second half, then you will call anything a great plan.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,826
    Or look at it this way, SDC is the lord of all ball watchers. He doesnt even care about the game, its all the final score for him. :tdown:

19. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Can I get an AMEN!!!!!!

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,826
    ZACTKY!!!! You taking notes ball watcher?

21. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    Man conc, are you ever right? :lol:

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,826
    And lord high and mighty ball watcher would not? Really? Lame... Keep reachin Jr.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,826
    Yeah Ball Watcher is now trying to sell me as a marty hater. Shows how little he knows once you get past his facade of BS...:tup:

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,826
    I imagine you ball watchin ninkompoops would agree with me if we try that **** agains Denver or Pittsburgh.

But I guess you guys are happy with your 30 yards rushing for LT in 3 quarters, and 11 passes by Rivers. No need to look for imporvement, you guys think this is championship football and how dare anyone question the team... Righ... Yawn...

25. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    This makes no sense, which really doesn't surprise me. Would I have rather seen Philip air it out and get a chance to do his thing, hell ya I would.

Was it painful to watch the bolts run the ball when the Turds had 8 and 9 in the box, hell ya it was. The difference between you and I is that I realize that I am a fan and it's easy to sit in front of the tube and say "you shoulda done this or you shoulda done that." I understand everything that Marty did and I have no complaints about the job he did last night. I also feel comfortable saying that he will adjust his approach accordingly.

If he eats the ball against stronger competition than I will be the first to tell you that you were right and I was wrong. But if he lets Rivers loose when he needs to be let loose will you do the same?