1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Football Experts and Radio Talk Show Hosts...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Oct 5, 2008.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Dear Football Experts and Radio Talk Show Hosts...

The San Diego Chargers did not lose to the "Wildcat" offense. The "Wildcard" offense did not intimidate us, take us out of our game or any other BS line you want to throw out to make yourself look smart.

The Chargers lost to the Miami Dolphins...Yep thats right we lost to the Miami Dolphins. We lost to them because their D kicked us in the nuts and we couldn't dicate anything offensively for four quarters. We drove down with ease on the initial drive and settled for a FG. We ran well early and forgot to run later. The reasons we lost were too numerous to list here.

In fact, this is the least amount of points our D gave up this year. Our D gave us a chance to win and our offense **** on that chance.

Take your expert analysis elsewhere... We know our team and we know that we currently suck.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    the same Miami Dolphins that beat the Patriots in Foxboro 38-13?

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Does that make you feel any better about this team?

Because it does nothing for me

4. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    me either

5. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Great now all you have to do is mail it.

6. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Does anyone have 6,323 stamps I can borrow?

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    my thread made me feel a hell of a lot better.

8. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Word. Rep+

And I think this highlights the double edge sword that is Norv Turner.

When Marty helmed the team there were very traditional play calls based on downs. When our run game was working the plan was money. The Oline rolled and wore down the Dline. LT got stronger throughout the game. The D got winded. The Offense got in a rythm. But when a team had our number... run, run, pass, punt was the mantra.

Enter Norv the "offensive guru." As the team got more comfortable under his tenure Norv has become more and more unconventional with his plays based on downs. We finally had someone who could scheme rather than just execute. Based on these schemes our offense could put up numbers in chunks. However, when the execution's not there and/or our the opposing team get's on a roll, the offense stalls out.

PHins game case in point. On the first drive, there was rythm. The run was established and the passing game played well off of it. Rivers and Co drove down the field and put up 3. Then Norv got "unconventional" and forgot about the run alltogether. Fine, we've put up heaps of points in the fourth quarter this year just relying on the pass. The problem was that the run was already working and it was just the 1st quarter.

The next problem was that the offense stopped executing; blown blocking assignments, penalties, some questionable routes. IMO, when you can't pull off the tricky stuff, you need to go back to basics and execute. Re-establish the run, stretch the field on play action. I'm not saying to go back to Martyball but give the players something to hang their hat on. Other than, "pass our way to victory in the fourth quarter" this offense seems to be lacking an identity.

Maybe Norv is so in love with scheming that he forget's to get his guys to just play a little football.

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Ever hear of email? :icon_shrug:

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    The reverse to Chambers that got stuffed on the opening drive was the beginning of the end. :lol:

11. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Myah! Mig Nick!