1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Football Gods

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Dear Football Gods,

Please let Atlanta win tonight & both teams beat the hell outta each other in the process.

Thanks.

Buck

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Co-prayed...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    Could not agree more.

There's nothing I'd like more than to see Mr Manning have a 'mare'.

5. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    ATL to win, both teams to beat the hell out of each other, and Matty Ice to get a mild ankle sprain which keeps him out of the SD game next week, but is then fine after so he can later in the year lay the smack down on the Raiders.

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't really care who wins tonight. I just want the club I like, Chargers, to win and beat the best at their best anytime, anyplace, so help them God.

7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,410
    So, you're fine with a division rival winning, rather than the Chargers being alone in first place? :confused:

I find your attitude troubling. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    You know this isn't college football where your conference rivals winning actually helps your cause in the long run, right? Nothing wrong with rooting for a rival to lose at big boy level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    In the NFL (Not For Losers) the object of the game is now and always gas been to win and beat the hell out of the other team while doing so. If the Chargers "My Team" takes care of business I won't have to "wish" for other teams to do their job for them. So I tell you now, "WISH" in one hand and stick the other up your arse not only will your hand be full but you may find that part you been missing that makes thinking so hard for you.

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    LOL your so very insightfull and cool Hex.

Your right, I'm sure not rooting for other teams to lose is a more effective way appeasing the "football gods.". Haha

11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'll be damned, Buck opens up a can a worms and I catch nothing but flounders.

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    What can of worms? This thread wasn't meant to be confrontational - just seemed like a good time to start a place where we could appeal to & appease the power behind the Pigskin. ;)

I'm an agnostic except for football. :D

Thank you for last night, oh pebble-skinned leather One. :abq1:

13. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I wasn't being confrontational, I stated a well known fact. If the Chargers take care of business there will be no need to hope ill towards any other team for the sake of the Bolt's. Teams are going to be beat up as the season progresses, it is a very physical sport and the Bolt's have had more than their fair share of injuries in the past.

Outside of Bolt fans, they're considered the house of cards, the team that will fold or shoot themselves in the foot and find a way to lose. It's time for the Bolt's to just take care of business and the early sings are good that they have the right chemistry to get better and stronger as the season goes on. This is my hope.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I didn't mean that you were, HB. The thread wasn't intended for anyone to feel confronted or to be confrontational - just started in good fun.

If some folks can't handle the perceived heat, they can leave the kitchen. I'm gonna cook. :)

15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Your logic is "It's ok for the Bolt's to slump and lose 6 games in a row as long as the other teams follow suit" My focus is on the Bolt's, take care of business and good things will happen.

16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    The football god(s) were not kind to the Bolts:
    except in maybe leveling the depth at CB between us and them. Still, their starters at CB are better.