1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Marcus McNeill

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
  2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Yes he is playing like a POS. My guess is that he's injured.

3. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    The broken hands gave him some attitude.

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    My guess is that he loves him some him. :yes:

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    At least he shut down Freeney and broke his foot. Feel bad for DF though. I always love watching that clip of him pancaking that Donkey. McNeil played like a BEAST last year. We need him and the line to get that swagger back.

6. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Hey LT21, I will reiterate, Marty and Cowher are best friends. BFF's. No prayer he ever comes here.

I want Meyer.

7. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    He didn't shut down Freeney. No sacks, but Freeney got by him multiple times to either flush Rivers or stuff a run. McNeill went GAMES last season without a dude getting past him, but this year it's a weekly occurence. Give Rivers time ......

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I like Meyer too EC, but I keep thinking about how stud College coaches crash and burn at this level. Saban, Spurrier, etc. Give me a coach with a ring and experience to motivate players at the NFL level. I wouldn't complain about Urban, but he's not proven at the NFL level. I do think he will be a great NFL coach. I'll take him if Dean does hire him. I do think Urban will do a better job than Norv. I just want Norv out of here. After Sunday's game against Indy that was the LAST straw for me. I laughed with somebody sent an e-mail to the Union Tribune about Norv wanting to challenge the final score. NT will never be a great HC, never. I hope he goes back to SF and help out Alex Smith again. Lord knows he needs him right now. Money can change anything EC, trust me. I'll take either one at this point.

9. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    We want the same thing. A ring. :tup:

Just no way Cowher comes here. Marty gave him his first NFL job. they are BFF's. Would you do that you your boy? :no:

10. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    TaOE THOSE ****IN hands together again and he'll play like they;re broken

11. Norvfan#1

Norvfan#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5

If Norv had a chance to work with McNeill one on one Norv could could get McNeill pointed in the right direction. Problem is, there are so many holes on the team that need to be filled that Norv can't get away and take him aside. Norv is busy trying to get LT, Gates and other players to start producing.
    But if anybody can do it Norv can. Don't you worry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. J-Grease

J-Grease BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
  13. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I think he probably got complacent this offseason. Typical sophmore slump stuff.

14. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    I hope the big guy makes a comeback. Anyone think Roman Oben is the answer? PR has been getting the crap kicked out of him all season. Those Rivers fumbles are starting to look an awful lot like Brees fumbles from the previous era. Arghh... I remember those bad old days.

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    McNeill might not be playing as good as last year, but he's not playing like a POS either. He's certainly better than Roman Oben at this stage of Roman's career.

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    OH, POOP!!!!!!!!!!

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG] poop? [​IMG]

18. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Is Henry still the Oline coach??

19. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    That's why they hire offensive line coaches. Turner is a former QB and QB coach. His job is motivation, not hand holding individual players other than the QB. Henry and Hunter are among the best. There aren't any major holes on the team, just a lack of discipline and that IS Norval's job. McNeill is a young player, and without that discipline he's more vulnerable to slacking off than a vet after a big seson. McNeill isn't even the the biggest problem on the line.

20. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    Oh, I was talking about Cowher being Marty's BFF, and not coming here. If that keeps him away, then something is screwy. It might keep AJ from hiring him, though, and that would be dumb.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think Cowher is a longshot either way. Spanos will not pay the coaches to not coach for us IMO, so we are stuck for a while.

22. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    "Might"?

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

At least you partially get it. Do you honestly think that Cowher's next job will be one where he doesn't have a say in the players that we bring in?

23. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    That's a fact, so I wonder if we get some internal assistant shuffling and new assistant blood this off season if things don't pan out. Shelmon might go back to what he was doing and a new OC comes in and does the play calling. Wish I knew more about the dynamics between these two guys, but the gag rule keeps it all in Nacht and Nebel.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think Cottrell has a short contract, if we dont make out MLB coach a DC we will lose him. IMO.

25. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You're right, he did. Also, I don't remember him pulling right like that last year. Maybe, but it just doesn't stick in my mind. Seems like Norv made a new wrinkle. We've pulled Dielman to run "Power" to the right.

Also, McNeill/Deilman/Goff had great blocks on a 50 Power that was run from a "Shotgun" and used draw action. That's also a new twist for that play. I don't remember Cam using a shotgun draw to run Power.

26. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    That's part of the internal shuffle I was thinking about. I'm thinking this scenario was behind Rivera's hiring. Shelmon either has to take a more active part or go back to running backs and make room for an experienced signal calling OC. Based on performance we may need a new QB coach as well.

27. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Part of the problem is Rivers as well. He doesn't help his tackles at all. He drifts backwards into the outside rusher, and you can't ask your tackles to constantly pancake speedrushers every single time. Rivers needs to take some ballet lessons.

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    There are a lot of problems. Pocket collapsing under intense pressure from more than 4 people is part of it.

But having plays that take more than three seconds to develope is another part of it IMO.

29. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

I agree. The whole offense is out of sync right now. Rivers needs time to throw, but you can't expect him to have a perfect pocket every snap of every game. There have been plays where he has had no time, and plays where he has had time and didn't make the throw. I really think that we need to run more plays out of a single back set. I understand that we're a power running team, but it isn't working right now.