1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Norv Turner and Ted Cottrell

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Dec 30, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    You are to be congratulated for helping to bring this team back from a 1-3 deficit early in the year. As of 5pm on Sunday, your REAL SEASON begins. We are watching and please remember what happened to your predecessor.

Good luck

Love,
    Charger Fans

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    At least make the AFC Championship game and nearly everyone will get off your backs.
    :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Nah, there'll always be some other condition that he hasta satisfy, and he'll never be accepted.

4. timepiece33

timepiece33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    He makes the AFC Championship game, the move was a success and AJ/Norv deserve to be praised.

He gets beat before then, we failed to improve our position and didn't play as well this year

There will be some people who will praise the move if we win against Tennessee and get to the same point we were last year at Indy instead of at San Diego.

5. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Yawn!!!!

My boy brought this team back to dominance! He experimented earlier in the year and it didn't payoff. Then he gets them to have more turnovers then they've probably ever had.

I understand that first impressions mean a lot but it is equally as important on how you finish. Lately, we HAVE been finishing!

Go Teddy!!!!

6. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    1:30 pm Sunday?

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Remember when some of us were saying we had enough talent that a monkey could guide this team into the playoffs?

These bastards do not deserve DICK until they can show us they can win and call a solid game in the playoffs otherwise, they can KMA and SMD.

Jabba gets props for telling Merriman to eat **** and play his defense and not Merrimans.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yes. :tup:

Gates open at 8am.

Parking lot will probably close around 10am so heads up !!!

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Your right and I think Norv did a hell of a job this year with his back against the wall. Norv overcame the odds and the players to a winning season. I'm happy.:tup:

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    lets just get the chargers o-line working better and lets win a super bowl.:yes: Time to work the o-line till they get their fundamentals right.:yes:

The rest of the team is pretty solid. Its gonna be all about the pass blocking by the o-line how far we go into the playoffs. All the way baby. WE want a super bowl this year.

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Are you going to be this grumpy if they only win the Super Bowl by one point?
    :lol:

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Nope.

Actually, I will be quite happy because I will start selling my tickets to the games to subsidize the playoff costs and watch more of my NFL Ticket.

My mission will have been accomplished as a fan to see our first Lombardi and the next step is to become one with my chair of decadence at home on gameday. :yes:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :yes:

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I can agree with this but he should have never had his back up against the wall to begin with. It's not like he was handed an 8-8 team and had to get them into the playoffs!

15. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    TBF= Kinda Guilty of that!

Zactly

Dominance is yet to be determined IMO...Possible, but not complete by any stretch.

Great Post RC... One playoff win is nothing more then putting us in the same position then last year...We could have done this year by playing better earlier...

t bIZZLE

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Fans expected him to fail, there were many who didn't even think they'd make the playoffs. 3rd seed isn't bad for a guy who wasn't supposed to know what he's doing (and don't give me the team was 14-2 bs, because it was 9-7 the year before, we just played a easy schedule in 2006)

For me, at the very least I want a playoff win, no more 1 and done please. I'd love to get to the AFC Championship game, winning the SB of course is the goal, but please just win a ****ing playoff game.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    And how hard was our schedule this season?
    ESPECIALLY WHEN ALL OF OUR DIVISION RIVALS SUCK ***!!!
    ALL OF THEM ARE BELOW 8-8!!!!

If we make the AFC Championship at the minimum... I will gladly eat crow.
    A win over the Titans will not be enough for me to credit Norv.
    A win over the Ponies would!!!

Although we should have beat the Patsies last season... they've been there and done that many times during this decade. So have the Ponies.
    What have the Titans done (within this decade and with the current roster?)

Sorry but I won't credit Norv for beating up on the Lions, Donkos, Texans, Ravens, etc. ANY AVERAGE TEAM COULD DO THAT!!!
    Though I give our players great credit for the win in Tennessee!!!:yes: :bolt:

That was our only win over a legitimate team.
    We didn't beat the Ponies. They beat themselves.

"None of the players were happy with that win. Only happy person in the locker room was Norv."
    ~Shawn Merriman (in a radio interview)

NOW I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM AND THE PLAYERS BUT NORV AND TED HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO IN ORDER TO EARN MY RESPECT!!

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Funny, when the Pats are getting all the credit in the world for going 16-0 while playing powerhouses like the Dolphins, the Jets, and the Bills twice and beating other goliaths like the Ravens and the Bengals.

You will never be satisfied, your takes are the weakest, and I'm sick of you. Back to ignore ye of little faith. Norv is gonna make you eat **** and the entire forum is gonna laugh at you when you try to jump on the bandwagon after he does.

19. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

:bow::clap::clap::clap:

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Wait. So if we beat them in the regular season it's wonderful but in the post season it means dick? You can't have it both ways, either they are a quality opponent or they aren't. You give the players all the "great credit" but none to Norv?

You're a frickin' moron.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Multi-Quote is the SHIIT!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

:abq2::abq1::abq2::abq1:

22. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    solid,

I never really thought about the Bellicheats sked. What a bunch of cupcakes!!

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Be interesting to see how they react to teams capable of playing a little smash mouth with them. The Giants went 10-6 with a schedule of mostly NFC non performers and they gave the Patriots all they could handle. The Giants lost to Dallas twice, to Green Bay, and once to the Skins. Now NE have to beat three teams that can beat them up before they get to the Bowl. ESPN has no business anointing these guys. Beating down Tennessee will put fear in the Patriot heart of hearts.