1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Decision to be Made Thursday on Site of Chargers Game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Oct 24, 2007.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20071024-1341-bn24chargers.html

Mayor Jerry Sanders said he would decide Thursday whether to allow the Chargers to play their scheduled game against the Houston Texans on Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium.
    The stadium is in use as a shelter for people evacuated from the path of the wildfires.

Sanders said at a news conference Wednesday that he would make his decision based upon the needs of the people who remain in the shelter.

Meanwhile, Texans owner Bob McNair said he believes the game will remain in San Diego.

“We're just waiting on word from the mayor of San Diego on whether he thinks the game can be played there Sunday or not,” McNair told Fox 26 Sports. “It's really his decision. It's in his hands at this point in time.”

Playing it in Phoenix, which has a motorcycle show booked at its stadium over the weekend, or Los Angeles, which has not played host to an NFL game in years, is unlikely.

“I think they're sort of out of it at this point,” McNair said. “I mean that could change. But I think it's either going to be San Diego, or if it's not it'll be either Houston or Dallas.”

Among the other issues with playing the game at Qualcomm Stadium are air quality and the availability of police and other support personnel.

The Chargers and the NFL are also considering whether playing the game in San Diego is in the best interest of the community.

Click on Link for the rest

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I just started this thread and now its gone :icon_shrug::icon_huh:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Yours was created after this one and was an exact duplicate

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Edit: Never mind.