1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HollywoodLeo, Feb 7, 2007.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,460
    At first I thought, if I were Superman, a perfect secret identity would be "Clark Kent, Dentist," because you could save money on tooth X-rays. But then I thought, if a patient said, "How's my back tooth?" and you just looked at it with your X-ray vision and said, "Oh it's okay," then the patient would probably say, "Aren't you going to take an X-ray, stupid?" and you'd say, "Aw **** you, get outta here," and then he probably wouldn't even pay his bill.

2. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink.

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    As we were driving, we saw a sign that said "Watch for Rocks." Marta said it should read "Watch for Pretty Rocks." I told her she should write in her suggestion to the highway department, but she started saying it was a joke - just to get out of writing a simple letter! And I thought I was lazy!

5. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,246
    Post padding alert!

If this were an actuall post you would know it.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what is I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    Not much thought involved in this post. :no:

8. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,246
    You were not expecting much were you?:icon_eek:

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    was that an auto post feature or something?

10. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,246
    no....:icon_huh:

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    It was the wording/timing.

vBulliten's coming out with all kind of cool features as of late, it seems, that wouldn't have suprised me.

12. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,246
    Just me bein a smart arse.... :icon_eek:

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

15. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    post pad alert [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,460
    If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.