1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HollywoodLeo, Feb 7, 2007.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    At first I thought, if I were Superman, a perfect secret identity would be "Clark Kent, Dentist," because you could save money on tooth X-rays. But then I thought, if a patient said, "How's my back tooth?" and you just looked at it with your X-ray vision and said, "Oh it's okay," then the patient would probably say, "Aren't you going to take an X-ray, stupid?" and you'd say, "Aw **** you, get outta here," and then he probably wouldn't even pay his bill.

2. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink.

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    As we were driving, we saw a sign that said "Watch for Rocks." Marta said it should read "Watch for Pretty Rocks." I told her she should write in her suggestion to the highway department, but she started saying it was a joke - just to get out of writing a simple letter! And I thought I was lazy!

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Post padding alert!

If this were an actuall post you would know it.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what is I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Not much thought involved in this post. :no:

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You were not expecting much were you?:icon_eek:

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    was that an auto post feature or something?

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    no....:icon_huh:

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    It was the wording/timing.

vBulliten's coming out with all kind of cool features as of late, it seems, that wouldn't have suprised me.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Just me bein a smart arse.... :icon_eek:

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

15. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    post pad alert [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.