1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Deep Thoughts...By TBF

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Oct 29, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    A few thoughts on yesterdays game plus some thoughts on our season.

1. In the second half, we went straight up vanilla. I don't mind this with a huge lead, but the one thing it did yesterday was keep our defense on the field a very long time. We don't need those guys getting too banged up if you know what I mean. Our D was on the field for close to 37 minutes...Regardless of the score, you want to control the clock IMO...I would have liked to have seen us do a better job between the 20's.

2. What a game by Scifres...That dude had one helluva day. Props the the entire ST unit. Very, very good football.

3. Chambers showed his value already. This year, w/one game as a Charger starter he already has more TD's then both of our starting WR's from last year.

4. You heard it here first. NE will lose to Indy, leaving Indy undefeated coming into SD. We will again **** on thier undefeated season parade by giving them thier first loss just as we did two years ago.

5. GB should own Denver tonight. I just hope our loss to KC doesn't come back and bite us right in the brown star. KC is finding ways to win games regardless of the opponent. They seem to be getting teams at the right time and finding a way to squek it out.

TBF :tup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Fine thread for sure, I most definitely share your sentiments on pretty much everything especially in bold.

I was thinking the same scenario a few weeks back about the pats/colts game should they both be undefeated at the time, you put it on ink though so i commend you.

Kc is finding ways to win somehow:icon_huh: but I seriously doubt their luck continues.

3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    By the subject line, I thought this was going to be some SNL parody thing.. :D

J/K man .. good stuff. I hope NE loses and with them running up that score yesterday, I expect that teams are going to be gunning for them that much more now (if that is possible).

4. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    It was a play on Jack Handy...

On the gunning for NE note...Those boys are good, and they don't give a damn whom they piss off in the process. I want them bad in the playoffs.

TBF

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Now here is a SNL Classic...

"He **** Right there..."

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ax96iVmTCI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ax96iVmTCI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Besided the number of turnovers we've been getting has anyone also noticed that the number of penalties have gone down during our 3 game winning streak. Winning the turnover battle and fewer penalties = winning games!!!!

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I looked over in the 4th qtr and noticed we had I think three at that time...I also remember it being very deep in the game until the first flag was thrown on anyone...

TBF

8. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Yeah .. I remember .. good **** .. :icon_toast:

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I want another shot at New England I'm just not confident yet that Norv and Ted could pull it off. We have the talent to play with those guys. :bolt:

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We keep winning, we'll get it.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Norv STILL sucks!!!!!

So does Ted!!!!

12. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

It sure as hell is going to take more then 3 in a row to convince me that they have what it takes. Let us remember that NE will mess up at some point...Just as we did vs them. At some point, they will show a weakness.

As far as us facing them again...It is going to happen if we have hopes of a Super Bowl. IMO that game will go through NE. And, if you want to be the best, you must play and beat the best. All indications point to them being the best team in football. They beat us easily, albiet they beat us when we had no idea whom we were.

TBF

13. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    Just do me a favor, don't start 15 more threads about this .. ffs already!