1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Defense knows they got their *** kicked

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Dec 6, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Bolts D assesses the damage - SignOnSanDiego.com

Bolts D assesses the damage
    By Kevin Acee

Monday, December 6, 2010 at 4:35 p.m.

A day after being run on for 251 yards, there was some accounting to do.

The entire Chargers defense met without coaches to watch film as a group and see the mistakes they made on Sunday – as individuals and collectively.

Those who attended downplayed the significance of the get-together and even balked at calling it a “meeting.” There was not a lot of dialogue or back-and-forth between players.

“It was just to see what you did,” said one player.

“The message was we’ve got to play better,” said another.

The individual position groups generally watch their own cut-ups on Mondays, so the entire defense meeting to watch the defensive plays was an extraordinary step.

The Chargers did not try to soften what happened to them in the 28-13 loss to the Oakland Raiders.

“You take an ***-whoopin’, it puts things into perspective,” cornerback Quentin Jammer said.

“They came and out-physicalled us,” linebacker Antwan Applewhite said. “It sucks, but you look at the film and it wasn’t like they out-schemed us. They outplayed us.”

2. gettough

gettough BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I hope A.J. Smith plays this game on a continuous loop in his office the entire offseason. Maybe then it will be drilled in his brain that this team needs to get stronger in the trenches.

3. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

Smith was a WR when he played, he's enamored with skill positions. His blind spot is his achilles heel, the trenches.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I am so fugging tired of hearing this crap. We are a soft team that depends on the other team's mistakes. We force nothing, we do not impose our will, we have no imagination on offense

ahhh, fuk it. We've seen the same thing year in & year out with Norv

5. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I hate to say this but, we have a lot of similarities to the Matt Millan run Lions

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    So did the offense.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Based on what? They were never good, never had a QB, never had an O-line, never had any talent on defense or respectable coaching of any time.

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    What the phuk is Applewhite talking about? He got outschemed several times. All he needs to do is watch the first Raiders TD to know this. He was standing there jerkin' off watching the running back dive into the middle while Campbell strolled by him with the ball.

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Buckle up and Stop complaining. Beat the Chiefs and get rolling............again.

10. gettough

gettough BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Would be nice, but if this team somehow makes the playoffs, I don't think it can put up much of a fight against the Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, or Jets.

11. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Who knows maybe will get the jags. One win in the playoffs and Norv can get he's 5 year extension. Yay!!

12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    [​IMG]

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Shouldn't gawd know we need beef?

14. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    We have a good QB......

15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I have started to believe that he is a vegetarian.

16. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    AJ is becoming the problem rather than the solution. I never followed the gawd troupe, he's made gaff's aplenty and it's showing up big time.

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Nothing in this last game had to do with personnel. It had to do with the Chargers players looking past the Raiders and not preparing themselves for an all out war on the field. The Raiders were piissed that no one was giving them a shot against a Chargers team that they had already beaten once this season and mandhandled last year in the season opener. The Chargers players were too busy reading their press clippings and drooling over their stats to notice that the Raiders were taking this game very seriously.

Perhaps this is just what the doctor ordered and will cause a major attitude shift. We'll know for sure on Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  18. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    I watched the replay yesterday (as much as I could) and seeing Applewhite just stand there not even thinking about covering his end. Just awful. That is where I turned it off. I am a true optimist but I am not very optimistic about this teams chances right now.

19. GoChiefs81

GoChiefs81 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    jamaal-charles-fantasy-football-sleepers.jpg

Thomas-Jones.jpg

Jones & Charles will serve the Chargers D a new can of a$$ whooping on Sunday.

20. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

Kinda trollish, pal.

I wouldn't get too big a head as your lead is still pretty slim with a couple of teams behind you that can be pretty tough on a given day.

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If the Bolt's lose to another shytty team on consecutive weeks might as well stick a fork in them. They took way to many games "off" this year and it has hurt them. Just because they're playing garbage teams, it doesn't mean those garbage teams don't come to play. Beating the Chargers is a big deal to them and the Bolt's always manage to sleepwalk through those games.

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Lose this week, game over. We have to win out and hope for alot of luck. and you can blame our piss poor start

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    pssstt....

New Owner = Clean House

Get your best shots in because they are both gone (Norv & AJ) unless you think a new owner wants someone elses guys ?

How weird will that feel ?

Yeah ..... uh huh ....

24. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37

I think Indianapolis would say otherwise.

25. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Dude...you have a lot to learn. Nothing for us is likely to be decided until week 17.

26. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    This is true. GoChiefs81 is likely a 16 year old kid so happy that the Chiefs are in contention for...anything that he doesn't remember the many ways we have found to choke away leads in the past. TBH, it's something we have in common with the Chargers :)

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Two things should scare any reasonably sane person.

1. A woman scorned

2. A wounded animal

28. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Game is coming to the 4th or I hope it does. Buckle up 65 your getting Norv and Company after a bad loss. One thing about Norv after a bad loss he's dangerous. Go Chargers!!

29. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Our special teams have been pretty bad since our game against you guys. I hope we can get something big out of them Sunday. I think we will need it.

30. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Do we even know if the next game is blacked out yet?