1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Del Mar TRaffic on Sun?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TheLash, Aug 7, 2007.

1. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Last year I was massively delayed by Del Mar traffic going down to the first preseason game and missed hooking up w/ y'all. Is Del Mar still in session this sunday? cuz if so I think i'm taking the 15 down and not the 5 even though its way out of the way.:unsure:

Also we're bringing a couple of friends w/ us and MrsLash wanted to know if there's anything we should bring? besides cash :lol:

Can't wait til Sunday!:abq2:

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Cut across on Highway 78 just past Oceanside. Head toward Escondido (EAST) and pick up the 15 South.

The races at Del Mar will screw up your life on I-5

3. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    good suggestion I was bent last year. anything we can bring? need more salsa?

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Bring beer and maybe a bag of chips and your badass self'er. :icon_toast:

You can always hit Highway 76 EAST which is just south of Camp Pendleton and pick up the I-15 South but I would jam on Hwy. 78 and rock on I-15 South.

That is my backyard and I know it well. :yes: :icon_toast:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    5S>78E>15S

Avoid Del MAr @ all costs, yes it's still horse racing season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Bring lots and lots and lots of Beer:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Del Mar is in session and first post is a 2:00 pm so it will be packed from noon on...

DO NOT TAKE THE 76 or the 5...This time of year the 76 (which is a country 2 lane highway) is packed with beach goers/leavers and the typical Sunday drivers...

As Trump doggy dog said, take the 78 to the 15...It moves pretty fast that time of day...From there you should be home free. It will add 15-20 minutes to your trip, but it will be well worth your time.

TBF

8. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I was stuck in that Del Mar traffic after comic con and it made me want to cry.

9. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Villa De La Valle (Del Mar) always bottlenecks, even when there's no horse racing. Probably because of the roadwork that's going on between Loma Santa Fe and Del Mar.

Yes, 78 to the 15 is your best bet. Just be careful of the slowdown near Escondido and North County Faire Shopping Mall. Besides that it should be a walk in the park until you pass Aero Drive to Friars Road, it will be a major mess all the way up to the Q.

Oldie Out

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Del Mar traffic sucks, but I love that track.