1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Del Mar's Opening Day is Wednesday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Electric Chair, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    One of the best days of the year, for multiple reasons. Sunshine, ocean breezes, cocktails, the hats, the sun dresses, and of course- GAMBLING!!! These all rank highly on my "Favorite Things" list. :yes:

I will be there trying to better last years +$525 day. :icon_banana:

Anyone else going? I will post my picks before heading out Wednesday Morning. If you are going, let's get together between races for a beer. :icon_toast:

Where the turf meets the surf!!!

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Excellent!!

I'll tryta be at Retamata welcome that blessed event thru simulcast!! :yes: :tup:

3. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Nice, bro! We'll have to compare notes that morning. I plan on owning a small chunk of that track by the 7th. :yes:

4. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    BTW Toby, what is your system? I like to box trifecta's. Two per race- usually $1 boxes, unless I am winning. Then I bump it up a buck.

leisure and DOG absolutely killed the Breeders Cup boxing exactas this year (I think leisure was +$2,000 at the end of that day). I might lean that way Wednesday. Can't wait.....

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I've never had any luck with boxes...what I tryta do is find a nag in the 5-1 to 15-1 range and and bet $5 across the board. I've had real good luck with that.

Sometimes I'll bet the jockey, but I've seen some of'em pull up to get a bigger payday later, so I generally stay away from Dailey.

Plus, I always bet the greys, no matter the odds!! :icon_eek: :tup:

6. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    If you haven't been to Del Mar's opening day, you should make a point to get down here for it one of these years. It's incredible. The rest of the meet is fun, but opening day is just amazing... :icon_party:

7. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I went once in my 20's. It was a total blast. Took the Amtrak with about 15 buddies.

You can take coolers on the train, so we were seriously loaded up, each one of us were armed with 12-packs. :tup:

I didn't win big, but I still won. Just messing around and betting on Corey Nakatani every time. :lol:

PS. The funniest memory was actually on the train going up. All these guys who weren't aware that you could bring coolers. Had these puppy dog looks as we were pounding beers. And there is NO WAY we were gonna spare any. :icon_rofl:

PPS. The line to buy beers on the train was like an hour long. Too bad for them. :lol:

8. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    EC I hope you have a great time... I'm jealous to some extent... but will definitely be pulling for you to have another profitable day... :tup:

I have been to opening day at other tracks, in other cities... Loads of fun. The closest track to me now is Wyoming Downs where they run a bunch of nags. :icon_shrug:

9. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Win some money!!

Then send me some please?

10. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Del Mar is the only opening day that I have gone to. They dress that track up BEAUTIFULLY for the occasion. It's really quite an event.

You guys should do a youbet day of online gambling. It will be like the old days of LLV. :icon_banana: :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Does anyone remember the guy that leisure used to cap the Breeders Cup? I remember he bought the form online for $15 or something like that... Anyone?

I guess I could go back through the LLV threads around that time... :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So how was it?? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

I wasn't ableta getta Retama on Wednesday, so... :icon_sad: :tdown: :unsure: