1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Denver Broncos Preparing for Suspension of Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Jul 28, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Link

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is likely to announce this week whether he's going to impose discipline on Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall for his repeated off-field troubles. And based on the way the Broncos' other receivers are talking, they seem to expect him to get suspended.

The Denver Post offers these quotes:

"You think about it, because it could happen, especially now with whatever the commissioner has been doing," wide receiver Brandon Stokley said. ... "He's our No. 1 guy, the guy we look to to make the big plays for us, so it changes dramatically," Stokley said. "But we've got other guys that can step in and fill that void."

"It would be safe to say we'd be without our best player in the group. Everyone is talented, but he is extremely talented; he is the head of our group," wide receiver Keary Colbert said of Marshall. "If that happens, we have to be able to hold it down for him while he's out."

My money is on a five-game suspension for Marshall, meaning he'd be out until the October 12 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Broncos fans had better hope Stokley and Colbert are ready.

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

And exactly who who that be???

:icon_shrug:

My money is on KC coming in 2nd place this year.....

:tup:

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :abq2::deadhorse::abq1:

4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Sweep the AFC West...

Sweep the AFC...

Sweep the NFL...

5. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    is this the same guy who cut himself on "his plasma"? or was that a different receiver?

6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    It's the same guy.

You might recall when Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall said back in March that he hurt his arm slipping on a McDonald's bag. That turned out to be a fib; he was just roughhousing with some family members and accidentally put his hand through a TV screen. But now it's June and he looks almost ready for the NFL season. Well, almost.

Reporters asked how the progress was going on his right arm rehab:

"I can do everything with my right hand that I was doing before the accident but I'm still wiping my butt with my left hand."

[​IMG]

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

I wonder when he's going to take the test for Mensa?

8. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The Donks are going to have to fight to stay out of 4th place this year. :icon_rofl:

It will be the Turd and donkeys battling it out for 4th place/last place in the AFC West. :icon_rofl:

I can see a sweep on all of the AFC West opponents. 6-0 San Diego Chargers. I am loving it. :yes: :tup: :abq2: :abq1: WOO HOO!!!!!

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    And the broncos plan on moving the ball (not to mention Cutler plans of getting positive yards) HOW? Dear God we might just sweep them and shut them out!

10. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Wow, that Donks receiving corp is really a mess. Stokely and Colbert? HAHAHAHAHAHA

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    They never give out 5 games suspentions. It is either 2, 4 or 8 or the whole year.

No odd numbers.

Stokely and Colbert are an awful combo to have to count on!

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

That must be a candidate for the lamest fracking excuse in the history of humankind.

13. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Thanks sdbound for the post.

Like I've said before all of my coworkers are die hard donk fans. I print the post and show it to them to rub salt in their already festering puss filled wounds. :pointlaugh: :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Mondays are not so bad after all. :deadhorse::

14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It's amazing that people within a 500 mile radius of Denver are often Donk fans as well.

Back in the magical 1994 season, I was on work travel at Minot AFB in North Dakota.

A coworker and I, both lifelong San Diego natives, went to a Bar 'N' Grill for some food and caught the Chargers @ Broncos season opener. WE were the only ones rooting for the Bolts. Half the place had Broncos junk on. Needless to say, that when Elway had his "oops!" Gary Ypremian moment and Seau picked off that 'pass' to seal it for the Chargers, I busted out laughing as the rest of the place grew silent.

:abq2::abq1:

15. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    And you made it out of there alive? :lol: I would have to say most of the people in WY are donk fans. Thats so sad.