1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Despite losing AFC title, Chargers offer latest Patriots blueprint

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10589347/rss

2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I heard one football commentator guy tonight say this was Brady's worst game :icon_eek: That made me feel a bit proud of our team.

Sorry I can't keep track of all these football guy's names :icon_huh:

3. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Thanks, Ray, but wouldn't one assume the opponents in the AFCCG are going to be fairly well matched?

What the Patriots did in the end is what the Patriots have been doing all season...ball control and keeping the opposition defense on the field and wearing them down. How else could Maroney be as successful as he was? Your defense wasn't beat up, and Cromartie and Jammer did an excellent job stopping the long ball...Brady went underneath the coverage and let Maroney run and found Welker in crucial plays. Game time.

Every team who has come close is presumed to have had the blueprint.

One more game, and the Giants only lost by three on 12/29....it should be a good game.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    the only problem was a lack of ability to adjust on the fly, which frankly I wonder if Cottrell can handle.

We gave a blueprint, but damnit I dind't want to give a blueprint, I wanted to execute a blueprint.

Giving a blueprint means you couldn't do it

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    You would think that way, but the way the national media was saying it, the Chargers took away the chance for the two best teams in the AFC to be playing today (saying that the Colts should have won last week.)

You guys will blow out the Giants, I can feel it.

Elisha saying in the postgame that they know how to beat you guys is just asking for trouble.

6. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I love this blueprint talk.

But if I was the Giants I wouldn't follow the Chargers "blueprint." There was this team this Patriots played their last regular season game in which at one point in the game the Patriots were down by 12 points. I would follow the THAT teams blueprint. It fits better with the overall scheme of the Giants.

Eli is right they do know how to beat the Patriots, better execution in the second half and they would have.

Eli's comments are irrelevant. Being down by 12 points and the Giants almost ruining the perfect season in a game that didn't mean anything to the Giants but the world to the Patriots will be enough motivation to keep the Patriots focused.

7. Boo

Boo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I would just like to say, as a Pats fan....

Jammer was friggin' awesome. Jesus, Cromartie too...would I love to have those guys in my secondary with Samuel.

Your defense was great today. Our offense struggled, and Brady had a bad game- but the biggest reason he had a bad game, IMHO, was SD's defense.

Pats defense really stepped up today in the red zone. That was the difference. If the Pat D had struggled in the red zone today, I think SD would be representing the AFC in the SB, and not the Pats.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Thanks Boo. Cro and Jammer did play great and I was proud of them. Samuel is a gamer. Dude has given us fits for 2 seasons now! It was a hell of a game, but we can't beat your Pats with our big guns hurt like this. Good luck to you and please beat Sheli up for us. We hate that punk!

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Hec i hope the Pats destroy the Giants and intercept Eli 4 times.

10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    And sack him 6 times and force a fumble from his girly hands.

11. Boo

Boo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    :icon_rofl:

Sheli..... haven't heard that one out here on the right coast yet. :lol:

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The defense played great, if the offense did anything the Chargers would be the ones getting ready for the Super Bowl, but it isn't a blueprint. Every defense has to find their own way to do it, the Giants don't have guys like Cromartie and Jammer that can shut down the Pats receivers.

The media was saying all week long Brady doesn't make mistakes but some how the defense forced him to make them, unfortunately the offense didn't make them pay for it..

13. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

True, but part of the problem was that our offense did not take advantage of red zone opportunities, and kept the pressure on the defense the entire game. In the second half the offense did not do enough when they got the ball. Whether or not that had to do more with the Patriots defense, or injuries to the three biggest players on our offense, we'll never know. Regardless, I think you handle the Giants in the Superbowl. The NFC isn't nearly as good as the AFC, and you'll score very easily on their defense.

14. 3 Time World Champs

3 Time World Champs Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Aside from LT the biggest goat of the game goes to NORV - How do you punt the ball at the Pats 36 down 9 with 9 minutes to go? San Diego will not get the ball back until Sept '08!

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I agree with the comment about Norv's decision to punt. I thought it was awful. As far as LT being a goat, that's BS. He was injured. He couldn't make plays to help the team.

16. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The variables will be much different when the Pats play the Giants in the SB than they were in week 17. The Giants put a lot of points on the board, and the Pats won a very close contest. Their defense is tough.

The Pats were nursing their undefeated seaon, and the Giants came into that game loose as as goose. They had made the play-offs, losing the game mattered very little, and they had a chance to be the spoilers everyone so hoped they would be. There was no pressure on the Giants to do anything.

In the SB the pressure will be enormous on the Giants. Few if any of their players have the kind of SB experience the Pats have, and Brady, Belichick, and the rest of the team know what has to be done to win the game.

It's all new for Eli and his crew, and although he has had one helluva run during the last couple months, the SB is a pressure cooker the Giants and Eli will need to prepare for physically and psychologically, and that's tough to do if you have never played in that game.

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    The blueprint is useless if you don't have the tools to make it a reality.

The Giants defense is missing critical elements to stymie the Pats like we did. They did give up 38 points last time, and they didn't have some beat up DBs then.

18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Choosing who to root for in this game is like picking between a kick in the balls or a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.